Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

It may take one more season to recover...

Exactly

Lets have it right... Compared to our EXPECTATION of Marshall, he was well under par last season. Barely starting in many games and when he did often failing to make much difference.

I'll tell you who the good players for US were last season:

Kasper, Morgan, RDL, Dyer, King, Knocky (in fits and starts).. And James.

That's it IMO.

The rest were proven to be very very average or poor.

a bit harsh not to have Nugent on that list - he struggled a fair bit during our horror run but picked up @ the end.

How long do we give him though bruv? 

Got to be last chance saloon surely?

In theory, the best players are paid the most money - Do you agree?

Therefore, we are potentially missing 3-4 of our 'best players', because we cannot get rid of the likes of becks, danns etc.

You my friend are ridiculously deluded.

If you look over the past few years, if your statement about fans keeping away due to us having a bad manager is true, how on earth did we manage to persuade anyone to buy tickets during the levein/holloway/sousa era?

It is fans like you who should stay away from our ground. You don't have to support the manager, you don't have to support a player/players, but you support the club. If you don't want to sing songs about the manager or the players, that is fine, but instead of singing abuse at them you can sing positively about the club instead.

The main positives from the last couple of seasons have been the signings of the likes of schmeichel (Not a NP signing but backs Pearson, and is shown by the fact he is staying, morgan, james, knocky, wood. All Pearson's signings, are arguably worth more now that when he signed them. Can you same the same about Danns? Mills? Beckford? Konchesky?, who are now all worth less, and contributed less than the previous players mentioned.

Towards the end of the season, Schlupp looked twice the player he did last year, looked a lot more confident and 'part of the group', so he does develop young players aswell.

Looking towards next season, any football realist should realise how hard this league will be. Qpr should walk the league, especially considering the fact it looks like Harry is persuading them all to stay. There will be a lot of competition from others aswell, obviously there is Qpr, reading and wigan who all could get top 3, then there is...

Watford - how will they exploit a loophole this time? 1 year free transfer - and then udinese/granada re-sign them the season after??

boro - how will they recover?

brighton - who will they bring in?

bolton - finished great, real force next season.

blackburn - god knows!

Leeds - Mcdermott, has he got a plan?

Forest - They've got their Billy back.

I'm sure that if we finished mid-table next season, NP will be sacked, which would be a shame really, as he would just be a fall-guy for the Thais and their naivety to allow the biggest mercenary in world football the chance to waste endless millions.

You are just a twat.

Exactly

Lets have it right... Compared to our EXPECTATION of Marshall, he was well under par last season. Barely starting in many games and when he did often failing to make much difference.

That's it IMO.

I would not call '20 goal a season wood' average.

Especially considering the fact how dire the side played within a month of him joining.

As for the irony, 5 of the players you mentioned were signed by NP, whilst one was given his big chance under him, and the other was backing him relentlessly last season.

Exactly

That's it IMO.

I often find myself agreeing with you Col, as you probably know, but to not include Nugent is fairly harsh... He contributed more than the inconsistent Dyer. Also, I'm one of very few that doesn't rate De Laet.

I wouldn't say Wood is average either.

I would though, like to see more of Marshall next season. I have hopes for Vardy who I believe was wrote of far too quick, and maybe another chance for Beckford? Drinkwater can dominate games, Wednesday away as an example, and again, not sure what happened to his form?

In theory, the best players are paid the most money - Do you agree?

Therefore, we are potentially missing 3-4 of our 'best players', because we cannot get rid of the likes of becks, danns etc.

We need to move them on then even if it means losing a bit on the transfer fee etc?

Buck still stops with big Nige in the end

We need to move them on then even if it means losing a bit on the transfer fee etc?

Buck still stops with big Nige in the end

But if Becks, gally, danns etc don't want to leave, there is nothing big Nige can do.

I often find myself agreeing with you Col, as you probably know, but to not include Nugent is fairly harsh... He contributed more than the inconsistent Dyer. Also, I'm one of very few that doesn't rate De Laet.

I wouldn't say Wood is average either.

I would though, like to see more of Marshall next season. I have hopes for Vardy who I believe was wrote of far too quick, and maybe another chance for Beckford? Drinkwater can dominate games, Wednesday away as an example, and again, not sure what happened to his form?

I was unsure about Nuge mate.

Though still our best striker, didn't he go on a very long run without scoring? It's difficult to suggest he had a particularly good season?

And I did say 'for us'.. Wood did great at Millwall, started well but then came to look like a completely different player. Akin to a donkey, may I suggest? lol

You my friend are ridiculously deluded.

If you look over the past few years, if your statement about fans keeping away due to us having a bad manager is true, how on earth did we manage to persuade anyone to buy tickets during the levein/holloway/sousa era?

It is fans like you who should stay away from our ground. You don't have to support the manager, you don't have to support a player/players, but you support the club. If you don't want to sing songs about the manager or the players, that is fine, but instead of singing abuse at them you can sing positively about the club instead.

The main positives from the last couple of seasons have been the signings of the likes of schmeichel (Not a NP signing but backs Pearson, and is shown by the fact he is staying, morgan, james, knocky, wood. All Pearson's signings, are arguably worth more now that when he signed them. Can you same the same about Danns? Mills? Beckford? Konchesky?, who are now all worth less, and contributed less than the previous players mentioned.

Towards the end of the season, Schlupp looked twice the player he did last year, looked a lot more confident and 'part of the group', so he does develop young players aswell.

Looking towards next season, any football realist should realise how hard this league will be. Qpr should walk the league, especially considering the fact it looks like Harry is persuading them all to stay. There will be a lot of competition from others aswell, obviously there is Qpr, reading and wigan who all could get top 3, then there is...

Watford - how will they exploit a loophole this time? 1 year free transfer - and then udinese/granada re-sign them the season after??

boro - how will they recover?

brighton - who will they bring in?

bolton - finished great, real force next season.

blackburn - god knows!

Leeds - Mcdermott, has he got a plan?

Forest - They've got their Billy back.

I'm sure that if we finished mid-table next season, NP will be sacked, which would be a shame really, as he would just be a fall-guy for the Thais and their naivety to allow the biggest mercenary in world football the chance to waste endless millions.

Can I have your tambourine when you have done with it , it may work for me as well. :D

I would not call '20 goal a season wood' average.

Especially considering the fact how dire the side played within a month of him joining.

As for the irony, 5 of the players you mentioned were signed by NP, whilst one was given his big chance under him, and the other was backing him relentlessly last season.

He did not score twenty goals for us , and if you think he will score twenty goals this season coming you are deluded. He put zero effort into the majority of his games and for a guy his size his heading is piss poor , but his biggest problem is his attitude , there is clearly something wrong with him playing for us.

He did not score twenty goals for us , and if you think he will score twenty goals this season coming you are deluded. He put zero effort into the majority of his games and for a guy his size his heading is piss poor , but his biggest problem is his attitude , there is clearly something wrong with him playing for us.

Yeah, lets re-sign iain hume.

Can I have your tambourine when you have done with it , it may work for me as well. :D

?

Archived