Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

It may take one more season to recover...

It's ok, it doesn't matter the Pearsonites will give him forever to get us promoted :unsure:

As I've said buddy I give him one more season.

We hear all the usual blah di blah except perhaps the most important question... The reason for one of the longest winless runs in the club's history last season. This is still unanswered and, many generally seem to have washed over it.

City fans seem very adept at making excuses. 10 years and counting out of the top flight IS poor for the stature of our club, the infrastructure AND the amount of money spent.

Sooooo..... No more excuses... I'm prepared to give Nige one more full season. If we don't get promoted them its time for a new man and some fresh ideas.

Of course, the Pearsonites will come up with 'we are improving', 'it's all Sven's fault' 'it's FFP', 'its bad luck', 'we will be stronger next season' etc etc etc...

But I see last season as failure. We didn't sign the couple of quality older heads to drag up the younger players when they needed to and we paid the price. Pearson has now had one and a half full seasons. It's now HIS squad. I expect real improvements or I'll want him replaced.

It's ok, it doesn't matter the Pearsonites will give him forever to get us promoted :unsure:

Will they?

I do like these statements, with mythical beliefs from fans that Pearson should stay for eternity no matter how he does.

When, in reality, they are in the same thinking frame as Col, who has had a dig at them in this thread.

Will they?

I do like these statements, with mythical beliefs from fans that Pearson should stay for eternity no matter how he does.

When, in reality, they are in the same thinking frame as Col, who has had a dig at them in this thread.

Am you and col and wonder when our fellow fans will realise we have no money not a pot to piss in.

Our lovely owners have lent us so much cash even if they could give us more FFP says they can't.

And we can't raise cash by selling cos we paid to much for them and pay them too much.

Just hope our squad can last the season out this year and not wing it to the line.

I really do wish people would stop blaming Sven.

I'm not for one moment suggesting he's a genius manager and is blameless, but a manager only tells the board which players he wants to sign. He doesn't write the cheques for wages or for fees and he doesn't have the final say in what's a reasonable amount of money to spend.

We've only the owners and the businessmen at the club to blame for the financial state of things and - at the end of the day - it's their own money they're wasting. 

As fans, we're still in a better position than when they arrived and I'm not really sure we've earned the sense of entitlement that so many have.

We hear all the usual blah di blah except perhaps the most important question... The reason for one of the longest winless runs in the club's history last season. This is still unanswered and, many generally seem to have washed over it.

City fans seem very adept at making excuses. 10 years and counting out of the top flight IS poor for the stature of our club, the infrastructure AND the amount of money spent.

Sooooo..... No more excuses... I'm prepared to give Nige one more full season. If we don't get promoted them its time for a new man and some fresh ideas.

Of course, the Pearsonites will come up with 'we are improving', 'it's all Sven's fault' 'it's FFP', 'its bad luck', 'we will be stronger next season' etc etc etc...

But I see last season as failure. We didn't sign the couple of quality older heads to drag up the younger players when they needed to and we paid the price. Pearson has now had one and a half full seasons. It's now HIS squad. I expect real improvements or I'll want him replaced.

If Pearson wasn't given the funds to do this then you can hardly hold him to account over it.  Can you state, with full knowledge, that he was given the funds?  If not, why are you prepared to criticise Pearson when you don't have the facts to back it up?

If Pearson wasn't given the funds to do this then you can hardly hold him to account over it. Can you state, with full knowledge, that he was given the funds? If not, why are you prepared to criticise Pearson when you don't have the facts to back it up?

If we followed your logic this would be a pretty dull forum. Obviously he cant say for certain, but neither can we for a hell of alot of things and we still comment/debate.

I could tolerate another season with pearson, but he is not as good as some make out, nor is he as bad as others do.

Short memories as col pointed out we had a diabolical run at the back end of last season-it was nothing short of terrible everyone needs to take a share but manager is the manager.

Need a decent start,solid tactics,good reactions during the matches,and top effort from thr players

If Pearson wasn't given the funds to do this then you can hardly hold him to account over it. Can you state, with full knowledge, that he was given the funds? If not, why are you prepared to criticise Pearson when you don't have the facts to back it up?

It's a forum...

Come on mate... Pearson could have signed Wood at the start of the season I believe? Instead he chose Vardy.

I made a call for George Boyd at the start of the season... Now a Prem player, instead Nige opted for Kane.

There's just two for a kick-off..

Of course I can't back up arguments with facts, just opinion.

My opinion was that we needed two more quality players at the start of last season.

I've often said I thought we finished BETTER than I expected (just) cos I opted for 7th. This doesn't mean that we couldn't have finished higher with a bit more quality.

It's a forum...

Come on mate... Pearson could have signed Wood at the start of the season I believe? Instead he chose Vardy.

I made a call for George Boyd at the start of the season... Now a Prem player, instead Nige opted for Kane.

There's just two for a kick-off..

Of course I can't back up arguments with facts, just opinion.

My opinion was that we needed two more quality players at the start of last season.

I've often said I thought we finished BETTER than I expected (just) cos I opted for 7th. This doesn't mean that we couldn't have finished higher with a bit more quality.

I must admit, Boyd would have been ideal  Shame NP didn't (or couldn't) sign him.

You're right, it is a forum with opinion.  I just think that there are some on here who lay everything that's gone wrong at Pearson's door, often without any justification.

Many are critical of the poor run at the end of the season (can't disagree it was very disappointing and hard to explain), but to postulate (as some have) that we will be relegation candidates on that basis are unduly pessimistic.  There was distinct improvement in the last half dozen or so games and the more optimistic among us will look to that form as a guide to next season.

Up the foxes!

You've picked out 4 players who were/are not the best - yes. But saying that NP and co cant spot talent based on that? BS.

James, Knockaert, Wood, Marshall, De Laet, Morgan. All of them Pearson's signings, all of them have done well here and clearly all have talent. 

Wood hasn't done " well " here at all. He had the first three games where he did well, since then has been absolute dross, and Marshall could not even get a starting place in a mediocre side that went on a eighteen match plummet. If these two have clear talent I must be blind to it.

Wood hasn't done " well " here at all. He had the first three games where he did well, since then has been absolute dross, and Marshall could not even get a starting place in a mediocre side that went on a eighteen match plummet. If these two have clear talent I must be blind to it.

Exactly

Lets have it right... Compared to our EXPECTATION of Marshall, he was well under par last season. Barely starting in many games and when he did often failing to make much difference.

I'll tell you who the good players for US were last season:

Kasper, Morgan, RDL, Dyer, King, Knocky (in fits and starts).. And James.

That's it IMO.

The rest were proven to be very very average or poor.

Exactly

Lets have it right... Compared to our EXPECTATION of Marshall, he was well under par last season. Barely starting in many games and when he did often failing to make much difference.

I'll tell you who the good players for US were last season:

Kasper, Morgan, RDL, Dyer, King, Knocky (in fits and starts).. And James.

That's it IMO.

The rest were proven to be very very average or poor.

Spot on Col they are the best players we have, lets hope we can keep hold of them. :thumbup:

If Pearson wasn't given the funds to do this then you can hardly hold him to account over it.  Can you state, with full knowledge, that he was given the funds?  If not, why are you prepared to criticise Pearson when you don't have the facts to back it up?

So when its nige it's if (and not saying you have said this ) but when it's sven it's his fault we paid over the top.

For wages and transfer fee's.

And as I said to babs do we know what his remit was but it was still svens fault he should have known.

We all have opinions on matters but none of us know facts even the ITK's.

Sorry our owners have been good for us so far but they will run the club how they want to.

Like most clubs owned by a rich family the fans DON'T MATTER.

All our owners crave is the prem payday and once repaid they will then make the killing.

IT REALLY IS JUST ABOUT MONEY TO THEM

The people l know who don't go are not skint, one is an ex director of Kemptons and a life long fan, another a self made millionaire theres 2 examples.

If he was a 'life tiem fan', he'd get down the ground every game despite who is the manager

All these plastic, armchair fans nowadays  :rolleyes:

So whos fault is it that since 2012 ended we have managed enough points to get relegated, we are in relegation form !  l can't think of one manager who could have such a run and not been sacked.

What is the fixation with a manager who as no personality and doesn't know how to win a game of football ?  

People stay away from matches because Pearson is the manager, surely the board  know this and must act, i'm sure they will within the first couple of months. This is the Taylor years happening again, remember Leicester 0 Bolton 5, and in the close season people where making excuses for him, saying things like he's a good coach ect. 

You my friend are ridiculously deluded.

If you look over the past few years, if your statement about fans keeping away due to us having a bad manager is true, how on earth did we manage to persuade anyone to buy tickets during the levein/holloway/sousa era?

It is fans like you who should stay away from our ground. You don't have to support the manager, you don't have to support a player/players, but you support the club. If you don't want to sing songs about the manager or the players, that is fine, but instead of singing abuse at them you can sing positively about the club instead.

The main positives from the last couple of seasons have been the signings of the likes of schmeichel (Not a NP signing but backs Pearson, and is shown by the fact he is staying, morgan, james, knocky, wood. All Pearson's signings, are arguably worth more now that when he signed them. Can you same the same about Danns? Mills? Beckford? Konchesky?, who are now all worth less, and contributed less than the previous players mentioned.

Towards the end of the season, Schlupp looked twice the player he did last year, looked a lot more confident and 'part of the group', so he does develop young players aswell.

Looking towards next season, any football realist should realise how hard this league will be. Qpr should walk the league, especially considering the fact it looks like Harry is persuading them all to stay. There will be a lot of competition from others aswell, obviously there is Qpr, reading and wigan who all could get top 3, then there is...

Watford - how will they exploit a loophole this time? 1 year free transfer - and then udinese/granada re-sign them the season after??

boro - how will they recover?

brighton - who will they bring in?

bolton - finished great, real force next season.

blackburn - god knows!

Leeds - Mcdermott, has he got a plan?

Forest - They've got their Billy back.

I'm sure that if we finished mid-table next season, NP will be sacked, which would be a shame really, as he would just be a fall-guy for the Thais and their naivety to allow the biggest mercenary in world football the chance to waste endless millions.

So when its nige it's if (and not saying you have said this ) but when it's sven it's his fault we paid over the top.

For wages and transfer fee's.

And as I said to babs do we know what his remit was but it was still svens fault he should have known.

We all have opinions on matters but none of us know facts even the ITK's.

Sorry our owners have been good for us so far but they will run the club how they want to.

Like most clubs owned by a rich family the fans DON'T MATTER.

All our owners crave is the prem payday and once repaid they will then make the killing.

IT REALLY IS JUST ABOUT MONEY TO THEM

Both the Thai's and Sven are at fault.

The Thais should not have a hired a manager with previous experience of trying to win things by spending big.

Whilst Sven should of had the experience and knowledge to realise that signing a dozen players on top-end premier league wages would not be sustainable in the championship, especially given the fact that if we had got promoted, we would of had to do the same thing 12 months later.

edit - In case people come back with the 'well sven wasn't in charge of their wages', well how becomes none of NP's signings wages are even close to those from the Sven era?

Fair play, certainly don't disagree with you

Last season, no excuses

Come on City :chant:

Col -

I fail to see how it is 'his squad'....especially when we have half a dozen players, who are probably the highest earners, which he does not want.

If say 4 of those players were of the ability of his other signings, e.g. morgan, james, knocky, wood, then i would be much more confident, but as of now it really is Sven's signings which is preventing him from signing the players he wants, there is no getting around that fact.

Col -

I fail to see how it is 'his squad'....especially when we have half a dozen players, who are probably the highest earners, which he does not want.

If say 4 of those players were of the ability of his other signings, e.g. morgan, james, knocky, wood, then i would be much more confident, but as of now it really is Sven's signings which is preventing him from signing the players he wants, there is no getting around that fact.

How long do we give him though bruv? 

Got to be last chance saloon surely?

Archived