Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

2nd Ashes test

So how do we all feel about the second test then i am optimistic again and feel Bell on his home ground may score runs along with Trescothic who i think will score 100.

I think the move to put Collingwood in the squad is a fantastic move as he offers a lot with the bat and he can also bowl decent seamers and he will save 40 runs a game through fielding. I think he should replace Ashley Giles as i cant see him taking wickets against Australia at all or even holding up an end.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4731165.stm

I think the 11 should now be:

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaghan©

Bell

Pietersen

Flintoff

G.Jones

Collingwood

Hoggard

Harmison

S.Jones

So how do we all feel about the second test then i am optimistic again and feel Bell on his home ground may score runs along with Trescothic who i think will score 100.

I think the move to put Collingwood in the squad is a fantastic move as he offers a lot with the bat and he can also bowl decent seamers and he will save 40 runs a game through fielding. I think he should replace Ashley Giles as i cant see him taking wickets against Australia at all or even holding up an end.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4731165.stm

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaghan©

Bell

Pietersen

Flintoff

G.Jones

Collingwood

Hoggard

Harmison

S.Jones

148346[/snapback]

Despite poor form, i would play Giles. Not sure for who but because its his home ground and the pitch may suit him it might be wise playing him. And i think he will play because the selectors are looking for consistnecy.

Vaughan has injured his arm in the nets very doubtful for the test. If he doesn't play the team will be something like:

trescothick ©

strauss

bell

pietersen

collingwood

flintoff

jones

giles

hoggard

harmison

jones

Or there is the option of not having collingwood or giles and have an out and out batsman like key or joyce at number 3 or 4.

Need a distinct improvement on our catching though, that totally lost us the first test!

148620[/snapback]

and collingwood will improve this massiveley and maybe get us a wicket through run out etc..

i think vaughan will play captain and they can put painkiller shit in cant they if its that bad. I think hes just had a blow on the funny bone which hurts massiveley for about 2 hours then goes away mostly abd hes had an x-ray and there is no brake or fracture :)

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaghan©

Bell

Pietersen

Flintoff

G.Jones

Collingwood

Hoggard

Harmison

S.Jones

148346[/snapback]

Good call, except I'd bat Collingwood at 6, ahead of Flintoff and Jones. Giles is going to be fairly useless unless we get some really dry weather.

If Vaughan is out, I'm praying for a reconciliation with Thorpe. I can't believe they've effectively forced him to retire.

Assuming that doesn't happen, Robert Key in for Vaughany.

Aussies within 4 days. Hate to say it but they are just to good.

I doubt if Trescothic will score over 60 in his combined innings. Find another opener and drop him down the order for best value. Bell must perform as the Aussies are getting on top of him already.

I would love to see England win it but I cant be that confident especially with their fielding.

Mick

Michael Vaghan has been passed fit to play so i think my original post will be the tea,/batting order  :D

it said on Skysportsnews.. there is an england press conference from edgbaston in 3 minutes

148849[/snapback]

He said that the Middle nets were bad luck! What? Maybe you just completely missed the ball with your bat and it hit your elbow!

He said that the Middle nets were bad luck! What? Maybe you just completely missed the ball with your bat and it hit your elbow!

148910[/snapback]

hitesh he said that because when he batted in the middle net he also got hit by harmison on the gloves which stung his fingers :thumbup:

132-1 at lunch. Good start by England. The pitch isnt doing much at the moment and the openers played really well. A beauty from Shane Warne got AS but definitly Englands morning.

Archived