Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

2nd Ashes test

Just watched the highlights.  Absolute bonkers.  Pietersen needs to go on and get a chuffin' big century soon.  Top notch entertainment.  :)

149884[/snapback]

That was the problem today. No player went on to keep their innings and make a big score. I think that the Aussies will capitalise on the flat condition tomorrow and score quickly. However, England do have the advantage of batting 3rd.

Gonna be interesting to see how quickly England can get the openers out.

I doubt if Trescothic will score over 60 in his combined innings. Find another opener.

Mick

148737[/snapback]

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i think england started really well but we needed either flintoff vaghan strauss or trescothic to make a big 150 or so but they didnt so we got a good score instead of a match winning score.

Harmison needs to bowl well and we need to take our catches and force the batsman to make mistakes. hopefully they can be bowled out for less than 350 for england to bat well again and post a match winning lead.

I still think collingwood should be in for giles but they seem to think a balanced attack is crucial.

Come on england

:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Lets see what happens - the weather forecast is pretty good over the weekend so we cant afford any more cock ups ;) Freddie thought he was still playing in the 20/20 matches the way he was slogging those sixes! Cracking entertainment though, you dont normally see that in test matches particularly against the Aussies.

Lets see what happens - the weather forecast is pretty good over the weekend so we cant afford any more cock ups  ;) Freddie thought he was still playing in the 20/20 matches the way he was slogging those sixes! Cracking entertainment though, you dont normally see that in test matches particularly against the Aussies.

150147[/snapback]

Absolutely, anyone who was lucky enough to have a ticket for yesterday got their moneys worth.

oh my god last night one of our friends who has a box had and is using it for business purposes had someone drop out so i am going to edgbaston today! leaving in 20 minutes for a fantastic dday of test cricket hopefully.

i am a lucky bastard.

come on england :D:D:D

OK I got the Treso prediction wrong :huh: but lets see what he does from here on in. Its no use nearly getting a ton as an opener you have to go on with it. A good knock never the less.

Got to get early wickets or the Aussies will settle and it would be great to get more pressure on Pontin and Warne who showed a big sign of frustartion yesterday :frusty: . May be the Poms are getting to them after all.

Get Hayden and Langer cheep and its a game.

Well done to Giles I thought he showed great attitude with teh bat and now needs to do it with the ball.

Graet days Cricket but I fear we lost to many wickets :ph34r: .

MadMick

Archived