Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimsmallman

Filbert Street Map For Sale

When Filbert Street closed I bought a few bits of memorabilia. One very large thing that I bought was one of the two stadium maps - my old man bought the other one.  He's got the one that was on the corner of the Family Stand / Main Stand; Mine was positioned on the corner of the Kop End and the East Stand.

See picture below. I'm planning on putting it on eBay because I live in North Wales now and it's been in my sister's shed for a few months.  Plus I've got a wedding to pay for.

I bought it for £280 at the Filbert Street Auction way back.  Plan was to put it on eBay with a buy now price of £500 (which is my ideal, ultimate price) but start the bidding at something sensible like £200.  Should you fancy making me a sensible offer I'll probably forego the whole eBay palaver and sell it to you.  You'd have to collect it from near Hinckley.

Got my nephew to take this picture - needs a bit of a clean, so I'll get him on that.  Asides from a bit of dirt it's as it was when it was up at the ground, a little weatherworn but not much else.  Plus it's vaguely cool.

Email me at [email protected] if you fancy it.

See, that's vaguely distracted us from not signing anyone, hasn't it?

post-18953-0-82731200-1373582143_thumb.j

When Filbert Street closed I bought a few bits of memorabilia. One very large thing that I bought was one of the two stadium maps - my old man bought the other one.  He's got the one that was on the corner of the Family Stand / Main Stand; Mine was positioned on the corner of the Kop End and the East Stand.

See picture below. I'm planning on putting it on eBay because I live in North Wales now and it's been in my sister's shed for a few months.  Plus I've got a wedding to pay for.

I bought it for £280 at the Filbert Street Auction way back.  Plan was to put it on eBay with a buy now price of £500 (which is my ideal, ultimate price) but start the bidding at something sensible like £200.  Should you fancy making me a sensible offer I'll probably forego the whole eBay palaver and sell it to you.  You'd have to collect it from near Hinckley.

Got my nephew to take this picture - needs a bit of a clean, so I'll get him on that.  Asides from a bit of dirt it's as it was when it was up at the ground, a little weatherworn but not much else.  Plus it's vaguely cool.

Email me at [email protected] if you fancy it.

See, that's vaguely distracted us from not signing anyone, hasn't it?

attachicon.gifWP_000130.jpg

Would look superb in my garden that.   :thumbup: 

Great talking point at the renowned Shit Season BBQ's 

I miss Filbert Street.

Pen 1 was where the magic happened (although there were some cracking mentalists in pen 2) 

Miss the banter with the away fans being spitting distance away behind a fishing net,

Miss the atmosphere the double decker stand created,

Miss how close to the pitch you were......

aw shucks, maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic but some of these young'uns don't know what they missed.

FYI you lot - have had a decent offer on the map via email, unless it's topped by 5pm then it's sold. Won't say the price so I'm not seen to be pushing up the price.

Might see if my Dad wants to sell his map in the future (I bet he won't, he's a proper hoarder).  He bought the "upcoming fixtures" board as well, which still has the Spurs game on it (May 11th, my 23rd birthday).  Strange it never had Celtic on there as we all know that was the last game, and the last time I cried as a grown man when they switched the floodlights off.

As I type this the Premiership Years is showing the season of that last game. Just shown Sinclair's OG at Middlesbrough. Jesus.

Why ain't you on radio leics anymore Jim?

A combination of things - doing the show got in the way of doing gigs (I'm normally in one town from Thursday to Saturday night, so I'd have to head back to Leicester halfway through the run), there wasn't likely to be much career progression (management weren't a fan of someone, you know, who is ACTUALLY from Leicester, and happens to be covered in tattoos and known for being a sweary comedian) and biggest of all: It paid BUGGER ALL ;)

I'm still on the radio though, do stuff for XFM, have written stuff for Radio 4 and am on Fighting Talk a couple of times a season.  I miss the sports team from BBC Leicester, they're all good eggs.

I miss Filbert Street.

Pen 1 was where the magic happened (although there were some cracking mentalists in pen 2) 

Miss the banter with the away fans being spitting distance away behind a fishing net,

Miss the atmosphere the double decker stand created,

Miss how close to the pitch you were......

aw shucks, maybe I'm just getting old and nostalgic but some of these young'uns don't know what they missed.

I did't miss pen 1 trowing coins n darts and whatever else they could get in ground at us.

But you must be to young for all that.

If your dad sells his map Iill cut my leg of with a penknife.You will surely remember taking serious piss out of my son at comedy club Hinckley footy club about a BMW! 

Well  hes proved you wrong he has currently two BMWs .Cheers mate 

Archived