Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
D4

STEVE WALSH

BEST HEADERER OF THE BALL EVER?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. BEST HEADERER OF THE BALL EVER?

• YES
    • NO

I think Elliott was a better header personally. His accuracy was excellent and he judged power and speed well to his to his advantage. One prime example is teh first goal against tranmere - he was going AWAY from the goal and managed to get enough on it to loop the keeper. Ian Marshall again another great header of the ball - that goal against Derby was a classic - I think he's also scored a hat trick against Derby right?

I think Elliott was a better header personally. His accuracy was excellent and he judged power and speed well to his to his advantage. One prime example is teh first goal against tranmere - he was going AWAY from the goal and managed to get enough on it to loop the keeper. Ian Marshall again another great header of the ball - that goal against Derby was a classic - I think he's also scored a hat trick against Derby right?

148873[/snapback]

yeah remember that, he was leathal that day

Les Ferdinands timing and the fact he wasnt the tallest of players just had a great leap and he was brave he gets my vote. Walsh was quality though.

149069[/snapback]

Agreed :thumbup:

Elliott, Walsh and Marshall were fantastic headers of the ball, but Ferdinand was a class above imo. The goals he scored against Southampton (on his debut), Newcastle and Bolton away were all amazing headers.

148873[/snapback]

Elliott was great at heading the ball wasn't it Villa in the Semi Final when he scored a great placed header to send us to Wembley or am I thinking of something else?

Archived