Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

2 Neil Danns?

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy though isn't it - let's not play them because I don't like them - they don't seem to be improving much.......

Did Sven only sign 3 good players? How did he manage that? Perhaps a bit of work and coaching and these crap players could have improved - perhaps Wes and mills could have been the best central defensive partnership since Walsh and Elliot - you and I will never know but if ask and damns become regulars it will be frustrating to have lost 2 years of them because of management dummy spitting

They don't seem to be improving much? Seems like a good enough reason not to play them in my eyes

That seems a little unfair Dan and is not really a criticism of Pearson more and observation and a frustration - we don't know that Danns will make the grade but it will be bloody annoying if he does and he has been forced out for 2 years while we have been struggling - same SSL ..... If anything I am actually happy that he is trying some of his squad pit for a change - refreshing

Danns & St Ledger would've been out the door a year ago if it was that easy. If we can't get rid of them (which we've tried to do, and partly done by loaning them both out) then we may as well try and make the most of them whilst they're still here.

They're really not here by Pearson's choice and I'll be gobsmacked if either of them are handed a new deal when theirs expire next summer.

That seems a little unfair Dan and is not really a criticism of Pearson more and observation and a frustration - we don't know that Danns will make the grade but it will be bloody annoying if he does and he has been forced out for 2 years while we have been struggling - same SSL ..... If anything I am actually happy that he is trying some of his squad pit for a change - refreshing

I think this finally needs putting to bed.

1. Sven is gone, there is NO point discussing Sven anymore.

2. Sven made some good signings.... Nugent, Kasper, Konch have regularly featured under Pearson. Why?... Because they are good players.

3. Sven also signed some bang average, expensive players.... Beckford, SSL, Danns, Mills... These have either been sold or haven't featured much. Why? Because, for what we paid for them and their wages, they are bang average players.

End of, for me....

Don't go over old ground, discuss the here and now and let's get on with it and move forward.

I think this finally needs putting to bed.

1. Sven is gone, there is NO point discussing Sven anymore.

2. Sven made some good signings.... Nugent, Kasper, Konch have regularly featured under Pearson. Why?... Because they are good players.

3. Sven also signed some bang average, expensive players.... Beckford, SSL, Danns, Mills... These have either been sold or haven't featured much. Why? Because, for what we paid for them and their wages, they are bang average players.

End of, for me....

Don't go over old ground, discuss the here and now and let's get on with it and move forward.

Sorry I thought this was a Neil Danns thread - let's move on - he played on Tuesday and its only Thursday

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy though isn't it - let's not play them because I don't like them

But SSL has played regularly under Pearson when fit to do so, the article in the Merc today says yes he had a falling out with the manager, but he got his head down and worked hard. Was taken off the transfer list and they now have a very good relationship. Perhaps the others just weren't applying themselves correctly, SSL seems to have worked his way back in without a problem?

Did Sven only sign 3 good players? How did he manage that?

He's not a very good judge of talent?

Perhaps a bit of work and coaching and these crap players could have improved -

And perhaps they would never have been better than overpaid average players and Pearson saw this and just saved two years of playing them just for you to find that out?

But SSL has played regularly under Pearson when fit to do so, the article in the Merc today says yes he had a falling out with the manager, but he got his head down and worked hard. Was taken off the transfer list and they now have a very good relationship. Perhaps the others just weren't applying themselves correctly, SSL seems to have worked his way back in without a problem?

He's not a very good judge of talent?

And perhaps they would never have been better than overpaid average players and Pearson saw this and just saved two years of playing them just for you to find that out?

Maybe - be funny if the first team plays 5 of his signings this season though - to me.

Says a lot

Reply to raw dykes and a bit to Col.....

Well over Sven now although the repercussions of his early sacking still reverberate.

The three players he sticks with are indeed difficult to replace - one can only imagine what might have happened if Nige had tool the time to work with some of the other players we had instead of replacing them with cheaper (and Wes excepted) poorer copies

I do not see a young hungry side when I watch us - I see a few decent older lads and a lot of inexperience with the odd flash of talent that seems to be being trained out of them.

Good managers come in to teams and develop them by adding a few select players - we had just had one rebuild and we got another that has served no purpose thus far.

That we are now, almost 2 years later, starting to play SSL and Danns is laughable as with NP buying in numerous players he is stil starting (2years late) playing half the side he inherited.

Had he added players like Wes and Knocky to the team he had he could have improved it, instead as I predicted when he came back, we are exactly where we were points wise and with a slightly poorer squad. His chance was there to get us up when he came back - that he has failed twice now and is resorting to using players he had when he came back but was to stubborn/naive to play is why I have a problem with him - you can't help thinking that it is all about personality rather than football ability and skill at coaching the best out of players.

Insult my IQ or think I am a Wum if you like but we ain't moved on yet - perhaps with some of the old guard joining his less experienced guys we may have turned a corner and the knee jerk strops that appear to have cost us financially and football wise will be a thing of the past

And if you are all so happy with things why are you all so angry all the time?.

Fair comment. You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. Like you I have passed the Sven stage, but my views haven't changed either.

We must move forward now, and accept the fact that Pearson is here for the season. Whatever my views of him are, and we know them, we must hope for better things this season, and give him a chance, however much we dislike him. The club must come first, and as yet we have begun well. 

Maybe - be funny if the first team plays 5 of his signings this season though - to me.

Says a lot

Yes, it says we've struggled to get them off the books with the wages they are earning.

I'm not sure why it's a surprise that out of the 25 players (12 Permanent)  that Sven signed in a year and spent goodness knows how much on in fees and wages that some of them are going to be ok.

Pearson has worked on a somewhat different budget in wages and fees, the fact most people would say his hit rate is better than Svens signing wise says more.

Yes, it says we've struggled to get them off the books with the wages they are earning.

I'm not sure why it's a surprise that out of the 25 players (12 Permanent)  that Sven signed in a year and spent goodness knows how much on in fees and wages that some of them are going to be ok.

Pearson has worked on a somewhat different budget in wages and fees, the fact most people would say his hit rate is better than Svens signing wise says more.

Wes and ....................................................

Wes and ....................................................

Well I have already listed several. I would rather have Wes over Mills, De Laet over Peltier, James over Danns, Drinkwater of Johnson, Wood over Beckford, Knockaert over Vassell.

As far as squad players go I'd definitely rather have Whitbread over Pantsil and Marshall over Ball.

You said it yourself these are cheaper players, so not only has Pearson cut the wage bill. But he has players that scored more, conceded less and finished higher. Whilst also producing some excellent football for large chunks of the season.

Not only that but most in their early 20's and not the wrong end of them, with room to grow. Give me inconsistent young players with room to improve, over expensive inconsistent 29 year olds.

Pearson may ultimately not be good enough, but I am much happier with the makeup of this squad than that one.

Well I have already listed several. I would rather have Wes over Mills, De Laet over Peltier, James over Danns, Drinkwater of Johnson, Wood over Beckford, Knockaert over Vassell.

As far as squad players go I'd definitely rather have Whitbread over Pantsil and Marshall over Ball.

You said it yourself these are cheaper players, so not only has Pearson cut the wage bill. But he has players that scored more, conceded less and finished higher. Whilst also producing some excellent football for large chunks of the season.

Not only that but most in their early 20's and not the wrong end of them, with room to grow. Give me inconsistent young players with room to improve, over expensive inconsistent 29 year olds.

Pearson may ultimately not be good enough, but I am much happier with the makeup of this squad than that one.

Back to the self fulfilling prophecy though. You, who wants everyone to have a chance cannot believe that the majority of players you name there were coached and developed by the club. Its not just Svens signings he is fickle with, he doesnt even likr the majority of players he signed himself -whitbread, futacs, marshall, knocky, vardy and even wood all struggling to make an impact.

None of which would matter except that he now is apparently forced to play SSL amd Danns against his better judgement just because of FF P, or is it because he has finally got over himself......hope its this

Back to the self fulfilling prophecy though. You, who wants everyone to have a chance cannot believe that the majority of players you name there were coached and developed by the club. Its not just Svens signings he is fickle with, he doesnt even likr the majority of players he signed himself -whitbread, futacs, marshall, knocky, vardy and even wood all struggling to make an impact.

None of which would matter except that he now is apparently forced to play SSL amd Danns against his better judgement just because of FF P, or is it because he has finally got over himself......hope its this

I'm not really with you on what point you are trying to make?

ffs i suggested this wasnt meant to be a slag fest.

i meant against danns.

but **** my.

do you lot drive powerful cars?

to make up for your small dicks or whatever it is you're trying make up for.

Archived