Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

2 Neil Danns?

this is not meant to be another slagging thread.

however I would some responses from people at the game tonight.

I have seen so many split opinions on danns tonight.

I thought he was bang average again tonight. how many chances is he going to get. he really doesnt help himself.

his ball retention is crap. he runs around like a headless chicken at times. something many people slagged someone like iain hume off for.

and to top it off every time delaet got the ball danns ran out to the wing filling any space we may have down that side, with himself and 2 defenders.

just my opinion but what do others think?

obviously i think we need that energy at times. but with more quality.

He's a funny one Danns, was always decent at this level and yet he's never really kicked on for us. I'm inclined to think there is a half decent player in there.

The impression I get is that he has a good attitude, which is a decent starting point.

Over the years he has scored a decent amount of goals for a central midfield players,and that is probably the reason he has survived at this level for so long.

Because from what i have seen, his ball retention is probably the worst in our squad, and all he does is run about a bit. 

The Guy hasn't started a competitive game for us for a while and your judging him on one performance, give it a rest! our midfield is weak enough as it is without encouragement from people like yourself. Do you expect him just to come back in and light up our team, beside's don't think we as a team have adapted to this system yet. Danns in my opinion adds to the team and is deffo worth a place on the bench at the moment, come leeds don't expect him to start as Im hoping Knockeart is back in the line up? 

Whilst not having the class of our other midfielders, he is more aggressive and for that reason he is a different option and therefore worth a place on the bench or in some games he may well need to start. I think on occasions Pearson was too rigid with his line ups last year and early indications suggests he is prepared to use the full squad more regularly as and when required.

didnt go to the game but he has the bite that we need in midfield at times - we have a very timid midfield and get bullied far too often (with Kingy hiding behind mummy's legs). We need an ugly hard man - Danns at least offers some of that. 

Loses the ball too much for a central midfield player, he has way too many touches and doesn't look up enough. He seems to play with his head down all the time and doesn't seem aware of what's happening around him when he's on the ball.

Couldn't fault him on his effort and commitment though.

Undecided. Fair play to him for last night, he worked hard, put himself about a bit and did a few things very well. The problem is he is not disciplined enough in his role/position. If his energy and hassling abilities could be channelled very specifically into a CDM role, screening in front of the back 3, winning the ball and moving it on quickly I can see him playing a part in our squad. 

If we are starting with two CMs and a CAM as the midfielders as standard, we could, should we want to be more attacking if we are playing dross or chasing the game, go to a CDM and 2 CAMs, and that could be where Danns comes in. The thought of Marshall and Knockaert playing CAM together behind the strikers is exciting, flair and screamers galore surely....

Those who went to Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of years ago will know how good he can be on his day. 

I was there last night and I thought he was poor at times, average at best.  I really want him to be good for us as well, I'm not a natural Danns hater.  I believe he puts in 100% but that's on the physical side, I detect a lack of thought when he makes a pass unlike King or Drinkwater.  He will tackle all day long but his level of discipline when it came to marking disappointed me a bit.

Thinking pragmatically, he won't be leaving anytime soon (and I wouldn't blame him) with the deal he is on here which he won't get anywhere else at the moment.  He adds another option but sadly I think that is all, an extra central midfielder could well be important when the legs are creaking come Christmas time though.   

Of all the players we've dropped Danns is the one I think still serves a purpose. He's not the most skilled but when he's fully fit he gives two hundred percent and in a three man midfield I think he makes a good, disruptive presence.

I'll give him some credit, he looked like he wanted to do well but unfortunately the performance just wasn't there. Ball retention is awful and you can just tell that he isn't fully confident when playing the most simple of passes.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to him not being match sharp but sooner or later he's going to need to step up and prove himself.

I can't agree with anybody that says he had a good game last night, he didn't!

Same as St ledger - if Sven signed you, you can do one - has anyone thought that if NP plays those two as well as Kasper, Konch and Nuge then half the team will be non Nige signings.....

Good to see that you're consistently ignoring everything everybody says in a thread when wading in with your 'opinion'.

Good to see that you're consistently ignoring everything everybody says in a thread when wading in with your 'opinion'.

Good to see you baiting me as usual without ever actually reading any posts ever.....it was about Danns right? Whether there are two Neil Danns? My point (which I will spell out for you) is even if there were 10 Neil dans, it would be irrelevant as being a Sven signing they are surplus to requirements and are free to leave the club (is this even debatable?). My point that I added then, which was slightly off topic but near enough to mot warrant starting another was that if SSL and Dannsy get regular starts alongside the other 3 then as near half the team as you can get would be Sven signings - which is just amusing.

Do try to keep up, it is difficult spending so long spelling things out for you

There was a few times where he should of whipped a ball in from the right and he just took too long on the ball and then played a simple pass sideways,attacking wise he simply isn't good enough because he doesn't offer much apart from the occasional goal.

His defensive play yesterday was far better as he adds that bit of energy and terrier like presence that none of our other midfielders have but they have superior ability to Danns.

To conclude Danns is a useful squad player;he lacks the ability to be starting though.

Archived