Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

2 Neil Danns?

dont know how anyone cans say anything bad against danns?? he needs a fair run in the side to play at his best as most players do! Ok he was loaned out most of last season so people cant give a reliable verdict on how he played every match for them clubs but the season before when he captained us for them few games before injury he was the star performer in almost all of those consecutive games and more or less gained us points on his own! Just hope every1 can give him a chance to recapture that form because i beleive he can and that would be like a new signing and a breath of fresh air! GIVE HIM TIME... MARK MY WORDS

Same as St ledger - if Sven signed you, you can do one - has anyone thought that if NP plays those two as well as Kasper, Konch and Nuge then half the team will be non Nige signings.....

So Danns can do one like Kasper, Konch and Nuge, then?

Same as St ledger - if Sven signed you, you can do one - has anyone thought that if NP plays those two as well as Kasper, Konch and Nuge then half the team will be non Nige signings.....

Does anyone care?

Good to see you baiting me as usual without ever actually reading any posts ever.....it was about Danns right? Whether there are two Neil Danns? My point (which I will spell out for you) is even if there were 10 Neil dans, it would be irrelevant as being a Sven signing they are surplus to requirements and are free to leave the club (is this even debatable?). My point that I added then, which was slightly off topic but near enough to mot warrant starting another was that if SSL and Dannsy get regular starts alongside the other 3 then as near half the team as you can get would be Sven signings - which is just amusing.

Do try to keep up, it is difficult spending so long spelling things out for you

I appreciate we're working both your brain cells at overtime on here so no wonder you're finding it difficult. The point you made regarding who signed Danns and the implication that there is somehow a bias against him because of who signed him is bollocks and was eluded to by nobody, as is your suggestion that Sven signings are surplus (which is obvious to anybody who's even looked at a team sheet in the last year) Until you waded in it was a discussion of his performances.

Now, do try not to be such a WUM in future old boy.

Good to see you baiting me as usual without ever actually reading any posts ever.....it was about Danns right? Whether there are two Neil Danns? My point (which I will spell out for you) is even if there were 10 Neil dans, it would be irrelevant as being a Sven signing they are surplus to requirements and are free to leave the club (is this even debatable?). My point that I added then, which was slightly off topic but near enough to mot warrant starting another was that if SSL and Dannsy get regular starts alongside the other 3 then as near half the team as you can get would be Sven signings - which is just amusing.

Do try to keep up, it is difficult spending so long spelling things out for you

Oh right, because they are Sven signings they are free to leave? How does Gallagher fit into this? And Wellens? Why was Drinkwater allegedly transfer-listed? Waghorn might go too.

Those who went to Chelsea in the FA Cup a couple of years ago will know how good he can be on his day. 

I was there last night and I thought he was poor at times, average at best.  I really want him to be good for us as well, I'm not a natural Danns hater.  I believe he puts in 100% but that's on the physical side, I detect a lack of thought when he makes a pass unlike King or Drinkwater.  He will tackle all day long but his level of discipline when it came to marking disappointed me a bit.

Thinking pragmatically, he won't be leaving anytime soon (and I wouldn't blame him) with the deal he is on here which he won't get anywhere else at the moment.  He adds another option but sadly I think that is all, an extra central midfielder could well be important when the legs are creaking come Christmas time though.   

Excellent post, agree with everything said here.

Oh right, because they are Sven signings they are free to leave? How does Gallagher fit into this? And Wellens? Why was Drinkwater allegedly transfer-listed? Waghorn might go too.

Both Gallly and Welly re signed by Sven so quite well. Although one has to question why. Its not that Nige struggles with players he doesn't sign more that he generally gets rid or refuses to play them. With three notable exceptions he has removed pretty much every Non Nige signing (he didnt sign Waggy either) and replaced them with a cheaper but generally worse replacement (wes excepted)

Most players he sells are at a massive loss too, all acceptable if we had abetter squad afterwards but hey ho

I appreciate we're working both your brain cells at overtime on here so no wonder you're finding it difficult. The point you made regarding who signed Danns and the implication that there is somehow a bias against him because of who signed him is bollocks and was eluded to by nobody, as is your suggestion that Sven signings are surplus (which is obvious to anybody who's even looked at a team sheet in the last year) Until you waded in it was a discussion of his performances.

Now, do try not to be such a WUM in future old boy.

WUM = anyone who doesn't tow the party line eh.......old boy

Both Gallly and Welly re signed by Sven so quite well. Although one has to question why. Its not that Nige struggles with players he doesn't sign more that he generally gets rid or refuses to play them. With three notable exceptions he has removed pretty much every Non Nige signing (he didnt sign Waggy either) and replaced them with a cheaper but generally worse replacement (wes excepted)

Most players he sells are at a massive loss too, all acceptable if we had abetter squad afterwards but hey ho

Really? In his first spell he was quite happy to play King, Fryatt was an ever present when fit along with Howard, Oakley was made captain under his management, even Gradel was given a chance (albeit not enough). Since he came back, Konchesky, Kasper and Nugent have all played a huge part, St Ledger was playing until he was injured in October last year and when fit again Keane was playing well.

Gallagher has been cast aside, Wellens hardly played last season before being binned off, Weale never played after Pearson returned, Vardy hardly saw any game time in 2013, I know he didn't sign Waghorn permanently but he was a player admired by Pearson (having signed him twice for loan spells).

On the flip side, Sven was fairly swift to get rid of Fryatt, Hobbs, Morrison, didn't use Waghorn too much, Weale was in and out, Berner was effectively eased out of the team gradually, so it's not a Pearson-only tactic to prefer his own players.

WUM = anyone who doesn't tow the party line eh.......old boy

Nope. People who deliberately derail discussions with their agenda (have a look in the mirror for a classic example)

didnt go to the game but he has the bite that we need in midfield at times - we have a very timid midfield and get bullied far too often (with Kingy hiding behind mummy's legs). We need an ugly hard man - Danns at least offers some of that. 

Wouldn't say Danns is capable of that - he runs around a lot sure, but he really can't tackle or bully back. He just sort of hares around like a ADHD-addled toddler on crack.

I actually rate Danns. I think he's potentially important for us this year. He needs a run in the team and probably to feel as though Pearson rates him - which I don't think he does.

Confidence is important to all players. He needs some is all.

Come off it! You can't be serious, surely?

People think you're a WUM, and it's easy to see why, but I think I know better, and am willing to take the risk of looking daft by assuming you typed that with a straight face.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist, and not a very bright one. So a few posts ago, you claim that any players signed by Sven are cast out, and in the very next sentence, list three that have been key players since they arrived. Now you're asking yourself why x is true, when you know x is false.

I'll do you a favour and save you the brain strain. There is no conspiracy. Your premise that Pearson casts out a player simply because they were signed by Sven, or any other manager for that matter, is false. As you've already pointed out, Konchesky, Nugent and Schmeichel were all signed by Sven, and have all been first on the team sheet ever since they signed. Case closed. You try to brush the three notable exceptions under the carpet, but you might as well be asking, "Why does the sun always shine, with the notable exceptions of when it's night time or cloudy?"

There's a much simpler explanation as to why so many of Sven's signings have departed - and that is that in most cases, they weren't very good. Other reasons include, only here as a favour to their mate SGE, terrible value for money, bad attitude, obese and depressed, totally unfit, not played a competitive game for years, gone AWOL after ACON, over the hill, or a combination of these. Note that these reasons can not include "current manager couldn't bear to have last manager's players in his squad", as this is mind-numbingly simple to demonstrate to be untrue. Nugent, Konchesky and Schmeichel are the three times of day when a broken clock is telling the right time. They're the shit that stuck to the wall. They also happen to be the reasons that your tin foil hat idea is a non-starter.

As for the reason these players went for a massive loss - that's simple. There aren't too many other clubs rich or stupid enough to spunk the sort of money we did under Sven up the wall, and especially in today's financial climate. Our owners were gambling on a quickfire promotion at the time. I'm not sure if you realise that that is a rare event. Not just at this club, or the division, or even in football, but in sport in general. How many times have you seen a second tier club spend like we did under Sven? It was never going to last any longer while the club remained outside the top flight. Even if the owners really wanted to carry on spending way beyond what the club was making, FFP was approaching and there was nothing they could do about that.

Of course we made a loss! Who in their right mind would fork out £5m for Matt Mills, ffs?! Or £3m for Jermaine Beckford? I dread to think what Fat Johnno and Michael Ball cost us. We had big money players who barely got in the squad. It was insanity, and it needed to end so that we still had a club to support. I know you like to just pretend that the money side of things isn't real and you can just ignore it, but you only need to look just down the M69 to see what can happen if you do that.

How is the squad any worse? De Laet or Peltier? Wes or Mills? Knockaert or... can't think of a winger that Sven signed (Funny that, considering Dyer was the only one we had at the time). James or Fat Johnno? Wood or Beckford? Even if you inexplicably picked the latter at any time, you can't deny that the team as a whole has been better, or has way more potential, surely?

I can't quite believe you're still pining after Sven. Get over it! He wasn't that good! It was never going to last anyway, because if it had have done, the club would be either in financial ruin, or looking forward to a big fat fine or a transfer embargo. Whether you can face it or not, the reality is that we're in a way better position financially now, and as if that wasn't enough, we have been higher up the league table since Sven left. Both these facts are objective, so I'm at a loss as to what your problem is. I know you think we can do better than the current manager, but I also know you liked the last manager, who didn't do as well. That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know what you value about a football manager; whether it's the tactics, the results, the financial control, the hairstyle, the fashion sense or the ability to create the impression that they really get on with a local radio station's answer to Alan Partridge, but I think you might want to have a serious think about which ones affect the club the most. Isn't the club what really matters, after all?

Come off it! You can't be serious, surely?

People think you're a WUM, and it's easy to see why, but I think I know better, and am willing to take the risk of looking daft by assuming you typed that with a straight face.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist, and not a very bright one. So a few posts ago, you claim that any players signed by Sven are cast out, and in the very next sentence, list three that have been key players since they arrived. Now you're asking yourself why x is true, when you know x is false.

I'll do you a favour and save you the brain strain. There is no conspiracy. Your premise that Pearson casts out a player simply because they were signed by Sven, or any other manager for that matter, is false. As you've already pointed out, Konchesky, Nugent and Schmeichel were all signed by Sven, and have all been first on the team sheet ever since they signed. Case closed. You try to brush the three notable exceptions under the carpet, but you might as well be asking, "Why does the sun always shine, with the notable exceptions of when it's night time or cloudy?"

There's a much simpler explanation as to why so many of Sven's signings have departed - and that is that in most cases, they weren't very good. Other reasons include, only here as a favour to their mate SGE, terrible value for money, bad attitude, obese and depressed, totally unfit, not played a competitive game for years, gone AWOL after ACON, over the hill, or a combination of these. Note that these reasons can not include "current manager couldn't bear to have last manager's players in his squad", as this is mind-numbingly simple to demonstrate to be untrue. Nugent, Konchesky and Schmeichel are the three times of day when a broken clock is telling the right time. They're the shit that stuck to the wall. They also happen to be the reasons that your tin foil hat idea is a non-starter.

As for the reason these players went for a massive loss - that's simple. There aren't too many other clubs rich or stupid enough to spunk the sort of money we did under Sven up the wall, and especially in today's financial climate. Our owners were gambling on a quickfire promotion at the time. I'm not sure if you realise that that is a rare event. Not just at this club, or the division, or even in football, but in sport in general. How many times have you seen a second tier club spend like we did under Sven? It was never going to last any longer while the club remained outside the top flight. Even if the owners really wanted to carry on spending way beyond what the club was making, FFP was approaching and there was nothing they could do about that.

Of course we made a loss! Who in their right mind would fork out £5m for Matt Mills, ffs?! Or £3m for Jermaine Beckford? I dread to think what Fat Johnno and Michael Ball cost us. We had big money players who barely got in the squad. It was insanity, and it needed to end so that we still had a club to support. I know you like to just pretend that the money side of things isn't real and you can just ignore it, but you only need to look just down the M69 to see what can happen if you do that.

How is the squad any worse? De Laet or Peltier? Wes or Mills? Knockaert or... can't think of a winger that Sven signed (Funny that, considering Dyer was the only one we had at the time). James or Fat Johnno? Wood or Beckford? Even if you inexplicably picked the latter at any time, you can't deny that the team as a whole has been better, or has way more potential, surely?

I can't quite believe you're still pining after Sven. Get over it! He wasn't that good! It was never going to last anyway, because if it had have done, the club would be either in financial ruin, or looking forward to a big fat fine or a transfer embargo. Whether you can face it or not, the reality is that we're in a way better position financially now, and as if that wasn't enough, we have been higher up the league table since Sven left. Both these facts are objective, so I'm at a loss as to what your problem is. I know you think we can do better than the current manager, but I also know you liked the last manager, who didn't do as well. That makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know what you value about a football manager; whether it's the tactics, the results, the financial control, the hairstyle, the fashion sense or the ability to create the impression that they really get on with a local radio station's answer to Alan Partridge, but I think you might want to have a serious think about which ones affect the club the most. Isn't the club what really matters, after all?

Absolutely spot on...

A very very good post.

Seenitall's persistence on pining after Sven is weird.

Reply to raw dykes and a bit to Col.....

Well over Sven now although the repercussions of his early sacking still reverberate.

The three players he sticks with are indeed difficult to replace - one can only imagine what might have happened if Nige had tool the time to work with some of the other players we had instead of replacing them with cheaper (and Wes excepted) poorer copies

I do not see a young hungry side when I watch us - I see a few decent older lads and a lot of inexperience with the odd flash of talent that seems to be being trained out of them.

Good managers come in to teams and develop them by adding a few select players - we had just had one rebuild and we got another that has served no purpose thus far.

That we are now, almost 2 years later, starting to play SSL and Danns is laughable as with NP buying in numerous players he is stil starting (2years late) playing half the side he inherited.

Had he added players like Wes and Knocky to the team he had he could have improved it, instead as I predicted when he came back, we are exactly where we were points wise and with a slightly poorer squad. His chance was there to get us up when he came back - that he has failed twice now and is resorting to using players he had when he came back but was to stubborn/naive to play is why I have a problem with him - you can't help thinking that it is all about personality rather than football ability and skill at coaching the best out of players.

Insult my IQ or think I am a Wum if you like but we ain't moved on yet - perhaps with some of the old guard joining his less experienced guys we may have turned a corner and the knee jerk strops that appear to have cost us financially and football wise will be a thing of the past

And if you are all so happy with things why are you all so angry all the time?.

The three players he sticks with are indeed difficult to replace - one can only imagine what might have happened if Nige had tool the time to work with some of the other players we had instead of replacing them with cheaper (and Wes excepted) poorer copies.

So De Laet isn't better than Peltier?

James isn't better than Johnson? or Danns?

Wood isn't better than Beckford? Wood is 21 and scored 9 in 21 for us, 11 in 24 if you want to include cup goals like Beckford fans do. The season before that he score 12 in the league or 14 in total, at the age of 20. Beckford at the age of 29 hasn't scored over 9 goals above league one in his life.

You've admitted Wes is better than Mills.

If these players were poorer we wouldn't have finished higher, there is absolutely no credibility to your view that they are poorer. Who are these amazing players he has got rid of?

The three he sticks with he does so because they have actually offered something to the team, unlike the majority of the others.

So De Laet isn't better than Peltier?

James isn't better than Johnson? or Danns?

Wood isn't better than Beckford? Wood is 21 and scored 9 in 21 for us, 11 in 24 if you want to include cup goals like Beckford fans do. The season before that he score 12 in the league or 14 in total, at the age of 20. Beckford at the age of 29 hasn't scored over 9 goals above league one in his life.

You've admitted Wes is better than Mills.

If these players were poorer we wouldn't have finished higher, there is absolutely no credibility to your view that they are poorer. Who are these amazing players he has got rid of?

The three he sticks with he does so because they have actually offered something to the team, unlike the majority of the others.

Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy though isn't it - let's not play them because I don't like them - they don't seem to be improving much.......

Did Sven only sign 3 good players? How did he manage that? Perhaps a bit of work and coaching and these crap players could have improved - perhaps Wes and mills could have been the best central defensive partnership since Walsh and Elliot - you and I will never know but if ask and damns become regulars it will be frustrating to have lost 2 years of them because of management dummy spitting

Reply to raw dykes and a bit to Col.....

Well over Sven now although the repercussions of his early sacking still reverberate.

The three players he sticks with are indeed difficult to replace - one can only imagine what might have happened if Nige had tool the time to work with some of the other players we had instead of replacing them with cheaper (and Wes excepted) poorer copies

I do not see a young hungry side when I watch us - I see a few decent older lads and a lot of inexperience with the odd flash of talent that seems to be being trained out of them.

Good managers come in to teams and develop them by adding a few select players - we had just had one rebuild and we got another that has served no purpose thus far.

That we are now, almost 2 years later, starting to play SSL and Danns is laughable as with NP buying in numerous players he is stil starting (2years late) playing half the side he inherited.

Had he added players like Wes and Knocky to the team he had he could have improved it, instead as I predicted when he came back, we are exactly where we were points wise and with a slightly poorer squad. His chance was there to get us up when he came back - that he has failed twice now and is resorting to using players he had when he came back but was to stubborn/naive to play is why I have a problem with him - you can't help thinking that it is all about personality rather than football ability and skill at coaching the best out of players.

Insult my IQ or think I am a Wum if you like but we ain't moved on yet - perhaps with some of the old guard joining his less experienced guys we may have turned a corner and the knee jerk strops that appear to have cost us financially and football wise will be a thing of the past

And if you are all so happy with things why are you all so angry all the time?.

It's both character and ability, that goes without saying. The fact is the majority of Sven's big money moves had little of either.

To be honest Pearson to Sven is a complete non-comparison. You act like Pearson's had a big net spend.

Archived