Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Andy King want to put on a show for fans

Leicester City plan to put on a show when they entertain Leeds United tomorrow in their first home game of the new season, says midfielder Andy King.

City will run out at King Power Stadium in a competitive game for the first time since they took on Watford in the play-off semi-finals at the end of the last campaign.

King said the players intended to lay down a mark of intent as they bid for promotion.

"We are all looking forward to the game," he said. "It is our first home game of the season and we want to put on a show for the fans.

"It will be the first time that most supporters will have had the chance to see us play since the Watford play-off game. We played really well in that game and want to pick up where we left off.

"It is vital the fans get behind us this season but they have always done that. Let's hope it is a successful campaign for everyone."

City kicked off the season with victory at Middlesbrough last Saturday and a Capital One Cup win at Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday. King said it was important to start the season well after the disappointment of the previous one.

And he said City would get better as they adjust to their new 3-5-2 system.

"We have made a good start and that was important with how things finished last year," he said.

"We have had a couple of good wins and it is the results that matter.

"As we get used to this new system I am sure we will get better and better at it. We know that, if we do it well and make it effective, it is hard to play against.

"When you get it right with this system you can dominate games and I thought the second half at Middlesbrough was outstanding.

"Not many teams play 4-4-2 these days, they tend to pack the midfield, so it is nice to have that extra body in there. However, we still won games playing 4-4-2 and it worked for us last year.

"It is all about results and we will pick the system that suits us best and can cause the most problems for the opposition.

"It gives me chance to make runs. You have more bodies in there, more cover, which gives you licence to get forward."

And my point is please please please do it!! Don't talk about it!

so the club website comes to him as asks him to do an interview (probably contractual), and you want him to say "I dunno how the game will go, who knows, we might not play that well. anyway I'm off to nandos now" ?

If a team comes to 'do a job' we need to find an answer.

Miquel potentially playing the ball out from LCB Vs Whitbread's hoof may help as may a bit of pace from Zoom at LWB rather than Konch, however Konch has experience which we may miss.

The players need to deliver though & play with the kind of tempo they did at Mboro 2nd half & in patches Vs Wycombe.

It's kind of all about playing on the front foot & with tempo... So it's just a case of JFDI

Pearson said as well it's down to him and the players to entertain the fans and then he goes and picks 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders. He should be fined 2 weeks wages or pay the fans who went to the game a refund. Diabolical display for the first 55 minutes, with not a single piece of evidence that they were there to entertain the fans.

All it took was our one creativite player in the squad and to stop aimlessly hoofing the ball up to two strikers who aren't target men and we put them under pressure, albeit it was still a tight affair. I can accept games like that as long as you give it a go and have players who can win you games if the chance arises but that was never going to be the case with that starting eleven against Leeds.

Unbeaten start though and surely Nigel will reluctantly learn from his mistakes?

Pearson is a naturally safety first type of guy, the team he put out was deliberately defensive I suspect that it's partly due to him wanting giving the team time to adapt to the 352 formation whilst reducing the affects of any possible cock ups. 

I would hope that once he feels the defense, if he can get a settled one and the wing backs have got accustomed to the system he'll introduce a bit more creativity into the side from the off.

Pearson is a naturally safety first type of guy, the team he put out was deliberately defensive I suspect that it's partly due to him wanting giving the team time to adapt to the 352 formation whilst reducing the affects of any possible cock ups. 

I would hope that once he feels the defense, if he can get a settled one and the wing backs have got accustomed to the system he'll introduce a bit more creativity into the side from the off.

You're right and we saw signs last season that he was starting to play a more attacking style of football compared with the tactics and players he chose during his first spell with us. That led to some superb performances at home and plenty of goals. We continued to struggle away from home for whatever reason and then came the slump in February. Whether he's going back to basics with this new formation and a pragmatic approach with the intention to increase the attacking momentum i'm not sure. Truth be told goals win matches and right now I struggle to see where they will come from on a regular basis.

Archived