Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Tom Hopper

Scored a nice goal last night, will be Hungry...

If we ship out waggy, does that leave a spot on the bench for him?

What about young Harry P.. Nice cross for the goal, do we give these young lads some late pitch time if we are comfortable and get them hungry for more?

Or do we do what I expect nigel wants to do... and forget about them until they are 23 and not the player they could have developed to be.... (A bit like waghorn... although waggy has had plenty of spins, hes not the player we thought he would be)

Would love to see young Harry get some game time late off the bench if we are 3-0 up etc..

Saying that we have to be 3-0 up...  :sweating:

Lets send him on loan :whistle:

Opinions on these 2?

A loan deal will be best for both these two, with a look to get noticed to get a permanent deal down the leagues. It is sad to say but they will probably never break into the first team, even the bench, of a top championship club as centre forwards as much as we all want it. That's modern football I'm afraid. Hate to be a downer buts it realistic.

Hopefully they really start pulling trees up and get noticed.

I've been calling for him to be involved more in the first team for weeks, from what i seen of him in his short ten minutes at Carlisle he looked way better than Waghorn, once again another one of our own! shame we loaned out Jacob Blyth that lad had potential, but maybe he'll get some key experience at Northampton. 

Another thing to mention is for a few of these youngsters this will be the only chance they get while we're in the championship, once your in the premier league not much will come through the youth, if you want to stay in the premier league now ere days you need to buy experience and foreign quality. 

Tom Hopper

Bury - League One

23 appearances

3 goals 

2 Leicester appearances 

0 goal

Harrison Panayitou 

No Experience 

1 Leicester appearance 

1 Goal

Jacob Blyth

Leamington - Blue Square 

17 goals

Burton Albion - League 2 

2 appearances

0 goals

Notts County - League 1

4 appearances

0 goals

Northampton Town - League 2

3 appearances

2 goals

Joe Dodoo

No Experience

Judging by this I don't know which one will be ready for the first team first. But its looking like Nige is backing Hopper

I've been calling for him to be involved more in the first team for weeks, from what i seen of him in his short ten minutes at Carlisle he looked way better than Waghorn, once again another one of our own! shame we loaned out Jacob Blyth that lad had potential, but maybe he'll get some key experience at Northampton. 

Another thing to mention is for a few of these youngsters this will be the only chance they get while we're in the championship, once your in the premier league not much will come through the youth, if you want to stay in the premier league now ere days you need to buy experience and foreign quality. 

Its obviously not widely spread news about academy players, but without looking at a team, you would be amazed how many of the premier leagues youth/reserve teams are bought from other countries, it's pretty obvious when you think about it... 

But we rely on academies players solely from this country... 

Sven had a good philosophy with reserve/academy teams.. buying in youngsters such as Pier larauri...

Heard good things about that lad.. just gone on loan in mexico (off the top of my head)

Not yet.

Need to go down on loan and score goals, step up from youth league to the Championship will be far too big.

As nice as Tom's goal was last night you arent going to find yourself in this league standing waiting on the six yard box with no defender within 15 yards of you.

I think some people are letting the fact that these guys are from our academy cloud their judgement on how good they actually are.

Whilst it'd be lovely to field a side full of academy products, we're pushing for the top six of a league that's incredibly difficult to get out of, we need our strongest possible squad out at every available opportunity. I'd sooner we sent them out on loan to learn the 'adult' game much in the same way Schlupp and Moore have rather than throw them in at the deep in end in a league that's so, so tight and the margin for error is slight, at best.

Heard good things about that lad.. just gone on loan in mexico (off the top of my head)

Hasn't he been released and signed for a team in Peru?

Not yet.

Need to go down on loan and score goals, step up from youth league to the Championship will be far too big.

As nice as Tom's goal was last night you arent going to find yourself in this league standing waiting on the six yard box with no defender within 15 yards of you.

oh definitely... would of been a different scene in the championship.. 

BUT... (Don't quote this against me I KNOW that hopper is nowhere near the standard)

Stranger things have happened... Wayne Rooney at everton?

Suppose he was scoring for fun in the youth team though....

Would just like to see us produce a few more King/Moore players.. keep the good run going..

We have premiership facilities.. so why to teams like Southampton keep on producing every few seasons yet we cannot? please don't mention heskey!

These guys aren't Wayne Rooney though, he didn't even play reserve/under 21's, straight from under 16's to the first team, they knew how good he was.

We all want to bring them through but we can't just do it for the sake of it, if these guys are getting to the age of 20/21 in this day and age and haven't made the first team the likelihood is they just aren't good enough for this level of football.

We should be ina  far better position to start poaching now though with this cat 1 academy.

I think some people are letting the fact that these guys are from our academy cloud their judgement on how good they actually are.

Whilst it'd be lovely to field a side full of academy products, we're pushing for the top six of a league that's incredibly difficult to get out of, we need our strongest possible squad out at every available opportunity. I'd sooner we sent them out on loan to learn the 'adult' game much in the same way Schlupp and Moore have rather than throw them in at the deep in end in a league that's so, so tight and the margin for error is slight, at best.

Thats why I said when we are comfortable.. 

Just dont want to see them not go on loan and never get called up like most of our youngsters who look like they can kick a ball!

These guys aren't Wayne Rooney though, he didn't even play reserve/under 21's, straight from under 16's to the first team, they knew how good he was.

We all want to bring them through but we can't just do it for the sake of it, if these guys are getting to the age of 20/21 in this day and age and haven't made the first team the likelihood is they just aren't good enough for this level of football.

We should be ina  far better position to start poaching now though with this cat 1 academy.

Agreed...

Fair comments, Didnt want it to look like I was in any way comparing him to the skill of wayne rooney at that age..

But pearson seems keen on hopper.. must be showing something,

So do we send him on loan now??

Makes me wonder if he will just rot away 

Its obviously not widely spread news about academy players, but without looking at a team, you would be amazed how many of the premier leagues youth/reserve teams are bought from other countries, it's pretty obvious when you think about it... 

But we rely on academies players solely from this country... 

Sven had a good philosophy with reserve/academy teams.. buying in youngsters such as Pier larauri...

That's another good point, our scouting system isn't as good as it used to be. Fair enough we brought in players like Bruno Berner and Knocky but it's quite rare plus both of them we're shoved right into the deep end, instead of coming through youth and reserves learning the english game a bit more I mean Schlupp for example (though he already been in the uk for a few years before signing for leicester) when scene the odd good move from him but now and again we seen a bit of weakness in him. Soon as he went to Man U he came back a different player!

That's another good point, our scouting system isn't as good as it used to be. Fair enough we brought in players like Bruno Berner and Knocky but it's quite rare plus both of them we're shoved right into the deep end, instead of coming through youth and reserves learning the english game a bit more I mean Schlupp for example (though he already been in the uk for a few years before signing for leicester) when scene the odd good move from him but now and again we seen a bit of weakness in him. Soon as he went to Man U he came back a different player!

and they were ready to step straight in by their standards.... Lets hope we can improve knockaert he could be deadly at most levels

Agreed...

Fair comments, Didnt want it to look like I was in any way comparing him to the skill of wayne rooney at that age..

But pearson seems keen on hopper.. must be showing something,

So do we send him on loan now??

Makes me wonder if he will just rot away 

Loan absolutely, far higher standard of football than the level they were playing in last night and must be more competitive.

surprise surprise he was bought in... by sven.. Lets hope he's as good as he's been tipped up.

It would be nice if Sven had left us a superstar to going some way for saying sorry for the rest of the mess he left.

Bruno Berner came from Blackburn.

Archived