Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Tom Hopper

Looked handy last night, got himself on the score sheet so that'll only do wonders for his confidence. Won a lot in the air and also chased everything he could have. Didn't really get many chances but when he did he made the most of it. As I said in another thread, would rather see him in the matchday squad than Waghorn. 

People still slate Waghorn are a joke. I bet none of these lads would do this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2wgHTTMog

So funny not even Vardy has done this yet and because Vardy has had a decent start hes 100x better than Waghorn. Not true

Forgotten how good he was for us that season. I remember him coming on at half time against Swansea and thinking he looks about 1 stone overweight but him and Nguesson turned it around for us in that match

Neither of them have fulfilled their promise. Makes you wonder what went wrong? Lack of confidence?

Forgotten how good he was for us that season. I remember him coming on at half time against Swansea and thinking he looks about 1 stone overweight but him and Nguesson turned it around for us in that match

Neither of them have fulfilled their promise. Makes you wonder what went wrong? Lack of confidence?

Short term, form is temporary class is permanent.

Not yet.

Need to go down on loan and score goals, step up from youth league to the Championship will be far too big.

As nice as Tom's goal was last night you arent going to find yourself in this league standing waiting on the six yard box with no defender within 15 yards of you.

So you've forgotten Michael Morrison's goal already? :)

Hopper is the most highly rated which is evidenced by his inclusion in a couple of first team squads

The theory with the Premier League U21's is that the standard is so high there is no need to send young players out on loan because they will be tested to the same levels. Last nights game illustrated this not to be the case just yet but anyone he saw us get dicked 5-1 by Chelsea will know some games will certainly be as strong as a League 1 or 2 fixture.

The other thing about sending the young lads out on loan is if we let too many go our 21's will be full of 18's , our 18's will be full of 16's etc etc. This can be viewed both ways depending on wether your club is more interested in development versus results.

Would you rather our 21's be bottom of the league and develop one first team player or mid/high in the league and develop 5 or 6 players good enough for the Blue Square ?

Waghorn was a given a chance last season and played out of his skin up until we bought Chris Wood when he was then put back on the bench (unfairly). BinHeads are so fickle and say Waghorn is shit when in reality whenever he's been given a run in the team up front he's performed under Nigel. 

Waghorn was a given a chance last season and played out of his skin up until we bought Chris Wood when he was then put back on the bench (unfairly). BinHeads are so fickle and say Waghorn is shit when in reality whenever he's been given a run in the team up front he's performed under Nigel. 

Am I a 'bin head?'                           

• 1 month later...

I love the answer to the question 

The Barclays Premier Under-21 League has also given the team the chance to play alongside senior players like Republic of Ireland international Sean St Ledger, Anthony Knockaert and Paul Gallagher. How has that been?

And there is no mention of Paul Gallagher in his answer!

Archived