Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Has anything actually changed?

Doncaster was disappointing, and we've hardly been blowing most teams apart, but I think we're much better equipped this year vs last year in squad depth. 

Look at the bench v Barnsley last week

• 25 Logan - right
  • 23 Miquel - Prem Loanee, decent reserve
  • 27 Wasilewski - newly signed gritty Polish international
  • 07 Hammond - been that done that Championship performer
  • 08 James - bags of potential and excellent passer
  • 15 Schlupp - another season older
  • 22 Taylor-Fletcher - season Championship performer as per Hammond

And the bench v Huddersfield last season at a similar time of the season: 

• Conrad Logan 13 - right
  • Zak Whitbread 6 - injury prone, rarely reliable
  • Ben Marshall 7 - promising but goes missing (and indeed went very missing) in games
  • Matthew James 16 - one year younger 
  • Martin Waghorn 14 - don't know what's happened to him but cow's arse and banjo spring to mind
  • Jeffrey Schlupp 18 - one year younger, no real experience
  • Marko Futacs 29 - less said the better

We would have won if it wasn't for Kasper's mistake, after that we couldn't break them down and they had no reason to attack as they had the lead. Due to injures we didn't have the players on the bench to change the game, GTF and Wood would have been good options to bring on.

What has changed is that this result is the exception and not the rule, so lets not overreact.

I pretty much agree with this. We had no striker to bring off the bench and the mistake completely changed the complexion of a game that we dominated in the first half.

The second half was very poor though and there aren't many excuses for it. We didn't create one chance and Pearson brought a defender on as our super sub match changer.

Really, we needed to score (and not concede) when we were on top in the first half. We didn't, and lost our momentum. It's just one match though, and we actually played well for half of it. I'm convinced if it wasn't for Kasper's error we'd have won that game.

And if you haven't realised Dyer will never change now you never will. He puts in one good performance every 5 at best. Very dangerous on a good day, absolutely useless on days like yesterday. And you can see when he's going to have a bad game early on, it's the ones where he gets the ball a few times and doesn't try to beat his man once. If it's like that for the first 15 minutes, you know what to expect for the rest.

Scanning this thread, there's a hell of a lot of pragmatism and rationality; so WE have certainly changed as a collective. Understand the frustration but we're more flexible and mentally stronger this year. We're going to have off days so we need to appreciate that it happens and enjoy the proactive approach the team/staff have taken to many of our problems last year. We're buliding a club and not just a team. Things that are being done will help bring back the stability and long-term success of the club.

Keep the Faith guys!  :scarf:

We will win the next two home games. No problem IMO.

Success or failure, as I said last night, will again be based on our AWAY form.

We've not played many of the better sides away yet. Go to QPR, Reading and the like and play how we did yesterday and we'll finish 6th/7th again I think.

This is Pearson's real test and will determine whether he becomes a City legend or not. We are so near to being a very good team, but Pearson must learn how to change it up, when he needs to, and to put out the best team we have available, set up in the right way to beat the opposition.

4-4 fookin 2, away from home, with King and Drinky in the centre just does not work enough!!

But again, he reverted to type.

Nail on head. I was very disappointed when I saw the team sheet for donnie, we have a better squad and have developed some new systems so let's put both into action. We need to be dynamic not predictable

For me we're just two players short of success, which is a winger and a striker. Our defence is probably the best we've had in years, our midfield in other seasons as looked lifeless and weak this season it's looks strong and confident, a cracking goalie maybe we could do with pushing Adam Smith as No2 goalie, Logan is past it! Anyone agree?

What has changed? We have become more cohesive, resilient and have played with more heart than we did last season, which is why we had to come from behind to win on 4 occasions and win by the odd goal. As for the penalties we've won so far, it isn't really about luck when we have been more potent in the opposing box, we deserved them because defenders committed their tackles and unfairly brought our players down.

Things had changed from last season with NP using different formations more often! But it's slowly slipping into the unchanged 4-4-2 formation again! I think against Donny the players looked flat and lacked any real energy, maybe it was a game too many against them (there were signs of fatigue v Yeovil)...

Just because a team has won doesn't mean you can't change things, that's the only annoying thing bout Pearson for me... Opposition teams must be like 'we've got city next, oh they won, let's have a look at their formation and who's playin, right this is what we need to do'

But it's one bad game and even tho we've not played great I do feel the best is yet to come!!

Archived