Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Has anything actually changed?

You've got to wonder what the point is in having Hopper on the bench if we're going to spend the whole game tossing high balls up to the centre forwards and he doesn't get on.

I'm absolutely not saying he's the answer, but given that we had a sub left it seemed very odd that he wasn't given 5 minutes up front, especially when Morgan was.

Morgan is abysmal in attacking situations. He barely ever wins headers when sent forward. It's a complete waste of time.

We are better, but whether we are good enough for promotion is another question.

Spot on!

My honest opinion? i think we are certainly a decent shout for a play-off place but still lack options to be genuine automatic promotion contenders

Doncaster played pretty well. The defended exceptionally, kept their shape and chased everything. Absolutely everything. If Kasper hadn't thrown the ball into his own net it wouLd have been a very different game. We'd started pretty brightly. We didn't play hoof ball at all really until the last fifteen minutes or so. We just could not break them down. We had a lot of the ball but couldn't get wide and our front two both had poor games. It just didn't go for us.

Here's the thing: that's football! You can't win every game. We will bounce back. I do think we've improved since last season. We are more resilient at the back and have a bigger squad. Vardy has been like a new signing for us, he's been excellent. Just because he had one poor game today, I see people saying he needs dropping, we 'need Wood back' etc. I'll say it again, we can't win every game and play brilliantly in every game.

Reality is, I've seen us play A LOT worse than we did today.

Has anything actually changed from last season?

Because today especially I'm constantly seeing the same frequent comments, we saw on this board last season.

"We kept hoofing it"

"We had no ideas"

"Dyer's product is woeful"

"The midfield was slow"

"Our bench is poor"

The first five games this season, people constantly said we are not playing our best but have been grinding out results, and on today's result it still looks like we aren't playing our best, and still have some of the same problems as last season.

If it wasn't for all those penalties by Nugent, we would be exactly mid table right now, what does that tell you? All those penalties are just luck, and when luck runs out like today, we are distinctly average, and the same problems occur just like last season.

Face it, Nugent apart from those penalties has been useless for a while, Vardy even though he has showed improvements is not a consistent goalscorer, Wood yes he is injured, but apart from the cup against Carlisle, he has been absolutely crap. When the wingers don't play well, the same problems occur, no urgency, poor crossing and a lack of service. We have brought in Dean Hammond to shore up the midfield, neither he or James got on today, and when Hammond has got on in recent matches, he has been given like 5-10 minutes, hardly any time to make a decent impact.

Drinkwater and King may control the midfield at times, but when they slow things down and become negative, we just become very average.

We have been very lucky this season, and now with this loss against Doncaster, it opens up a lot of questions, has our team really made any improvements since last season?

Right now I think not, let's see how we respond after the international break, but anybody with eyes and a brain would see, the same faults appearing like last season, even in some games we have won.

We lost one game from a one off error you silly see you next Tuesday

Yes, things have changed. We have a better squad with much more strength in depth.

So why aren't we using this better squad by rotating players?

Youngy and Stringer were certain after the last game that there would be changes as they looked tired.

Morgan & Moore seem to be tiring, check out their ratings on here over the last 3 games, I'm sure they've dropped, Wasyl looked good the other week so why has he not been played? Hammond has looked calm and controlled in his few bit part appearances, but seems nowhere near close to getting a decent amount of time on the pitch to see if he can take control of a game.

Yes it has, we've ground out more wins than we did last season. We had no problem sweeping teams aside but lost too many narrowly. Today was a shameful return to the hoofball but generally I think we've mixed it up a lot more.

Our best Championship start in 11 years.  Not saying we are the best team in the world, we don't need to improve or we will win the league just pointing out a little persective and hopefully highlighting the fact that some people really do like to look on the dull side of life.

Come on you Foxes!!

X

I don't think we'll get near the top two with a strike force of Vardy/Wood/Nugent/Taylor-Fletcher and only two attacking midfielders in Dyer and Knockaert.

We need to bring someone in on loan, whether it be a striker, creative midfielder or winger. We've lacked any sort of an attacking edge all calendar year and I can't see how that's going to change.

Today was a prime example of needing a steve howard type forward to push the defenders about.

Without wood we don't have the option when it's needed.

You say that, but Howard is a player who won headers, put his body about.

Wood since going off form, hasn't produced anything like that, he has been lazy and doesn't even jump for the ball. 

We need players who can finish and who are consistent, we don't have that.

Yes, things have changed. We have a better squad with much more strength in depth.

Is that actually true though, we have made some additions in defence, and basically just swapped Hammond for Danns.

Other than that, we still lack depth, especially out wide and up front.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have been lucky this season so far, we haven't been that great, and we can't rely on penalties all the time, which we have done so far. Like I said if it wasn't for those penalties we would be bang in mid table right now. Even at home, some of our performances have been pretty average, Leeds was crap, Birmingham for 70 minutes was crap, Barnsley was crap in parts. 

It's same old same old, it wouldn't surprise me, if the inconsistent signs of last season start to appear again very soon. 

The best thing about the team is that, we have a fairly impressive and stable defence. But if you look further forward, you have a midfield who tend to go missing in games, and lack urgency, and strikers who have been poor for a while, Nugent and Wood should be a dangerous strike force, but towards the end of last season, and early this season apart from the penalties, they have literally still done nothing. 

But some fans kind of ignore that, and just hide away from that, oh we are 3rd best start in all those years etc...but in terms of performances and actual improvement on the pitch we have had luck so far, and that luck like today will simply wear off, then where do we go from there, if the same cracks appear again like last season?

if we had lost today, and so had burnley and qpr there would not be this amount of overreaction.

The fact they have both gone 3 points clear seems to worry some fans far too much, especially considering the fact that 3 points in our next match could put us top.

We will win the next two home games. No problem IMO.

Success or failure, as I said last night, will again be based on our AWAY form.

We've not played many of the better sides away yet. Go to QPR, Reading and the like and play how we did yesterday and we'll finish 6th/7th again I think.

This is Pearson's real test and will determine whether he becomes a City legend or not. We are so near to being a very good team, but Pearson must learn how to change it up, when he needs to, and to put out the best team we have available, set up in the right way to beat the opposition.

4-4 fookin 2, away from home, with King and Drinky in the centre just does not work enough!!

But again, he reverted to type.

We will win the next two home games. No problem IMO.

Success or failure, as I said last night, will again be based on our AWAY form.

We've not played many of the better sides away yet. Go to QPR, Reading and the like and play how we did yesterday and we'll finish 6th/7th again I think.

This is Pearson's real test and will determine whether he becomes a City legend or not. We are so near to being a very good team, but Pearson must learn how to change it up, when he needs to, and to put out the best team we have available, set up in the right way to beat the opposition.

4-4 fookin 2, away from home, with King and Drinky in the centre just does not work enough!!

But again, he reverted to type.

Spot on col, couldn't agree more.

We have been lucky this season so far

So in what way have we been lucky? Because having your players hacked down in the box, given a legitimate penalty and then converting it has nothing to do with luck at all. You seem to be saying that any team who wins and scores with a penalty have been lucky to win and ignore anything else about the performances. In reality we have been the better team in most of those games.

Do we go down as being unlucky against Blackpool as they got a penalty?  Or Unlucky that it wasn't a clearer margin against Barnsley and Balckburn because they got a penalty also? Or unlucky it wasn't a clearer margin against Boro because we scored an own goal? or unlucky yesterday because Kasper made a mistake?

We are exactly where we deserve to be, we have beaten the teams put in front of us mostly and have done so without getting any dodgy decisions go our way. There is nothing lucky about being the better team on the whole and then winning.

Whether the position is slightly false due to us having played teams mostly from the bottom half it's impossible to say. What I can say though is that QPR have only played one team in the top half, Burnley have played three. We've played 4, so have Blackpool and Forest. So there is every much a chance of them being in a false position as there is us due to the fixture list.

So in what way have we been lucky? Because having your players hacked down in the box, given a legitimate penalty and then converting it has nothing to do with luck at all. You seem to be saying that any team who wins and scores with a penalty have been lucky to win and ignore anything else about the performances. In reality we have been the better team in most of those games.

Do we go down as being unlucky against Blackpool as they got a penalty? Or Unlucky that it wasn't a clearer margin against Barnsley and Balckburn because they got a penalty also? Or unlucky it wasn't a clearer margin against Boro because we scored an own goal? or unlucky yesterday because Kasper made a mistake?

We are exactly where we deserve to be, we have beaten the teams put in front of us mostly and have done so without getting any dodgy decisions go our way. There is nothing lucky about being the better team on the whole and then winning.

Whether the position is slightly false due to us having played teams mostly from the bottom half it's impossible to say. What I can say though is that QPR have only played one team in the top half, Burnley have played three. We've played 4, so have Blackpool and Forest. So there is every much a chance of them being in a false position as there is us due to the fixture list.

Ah...

The 'seeker of truth and justice' hath returned...

lol

Archived