Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Has anything actually changed?

Has anything actually changed from last season?

Because today especially I'm constantly seeing the same frequent comments, we saw on this board last season.

"We kept hoofing it"

"We had no ideas"

"Dyer's product is woeful"

"The midfield was slow"

"Our bench is poor"

The first five games this season, people constantly said we are not playing our best but have been grinding out results, and on today's result it still looks like we aren't playing our best, and still have some of the same problems as last season.

If it wasn't for all those penalties by Nugent, we would be exactly mid table right now, what does that tell you? All those penalties are just luck, and when luck runs out like today, we are distinctly average, and the same problems occur just like last season.

Face it, Nugent apart from those penalties has been useless for a while, Vardy even though he has showed improvements is not a consistent goalscorer, Wood yes he is injured, but apart from the cup against Carlisle, he has been absolutely crap. When the wingers don't play well, the same problems occur, no urgency, poor crossing and a lack of service. We have brought in Dean Hammond to shore up the midfield, neither he or James got on today, and when Hammond has got on in recent matches, he has been given like 5-10 minutes, hardly any time to make a decent impact.

Drinkwater and King may control the midfield at times, but when they slow things down and become negative, we just become very average.

We have been very lucky this season, and now with this loss against Doncaster, it opens up a lot of questions, has our team really made any improvements since last season?

Right now I think not, let's see how we respond after the international break, but anybody with eyes and a brain would see, the same faults appearing like last season, even in some games we have won.

I think mentally we're stronger - look at how many times we've come from behind to win a game this season.

Tactically we're more flexible, having played 3 different formations already this season.

We've only been awarded those penalties because we've been getting forward and causing the opposition problems in their 18-yard area so think it's unfair of you to discount Nugent's penalties. 

Think it's important not to over-react to today's defeat, they played like their lives depended on it once we conceded, and sometimes that's the way football goes. But we've still only lost 2 games in all season and are sat 3rd in the table. Hardly think it's cause for panic. 

We would have won if it wasn't for Kasper's mistake, after that we couldn't break them down and they had no reason to attack as they had the lead. Due to injures we didn't have the players on the bench to change the game, GTF and Wood would have been good options to bring on.

What has changed is that this result is the exception and not the rule, so lets not overreact.

Because today especially I'm constantly seeing the same frequent comments, we saw on this board last season.

"We kept hoofing it"

"We had no ideas"

"The midfield was slow"

"Our bench is poor"

The first five games this season, people constantly said we are not playing our best but have been grinding out results, and on today's result it still looks like we aren't playing our best, and still have some of the same problems as last season.

If it wasn't for all those penalties by Nugent, we would be exactly mid table right now, what does that tell you? All those penalties are just luck, and when luck runs out like today, we are distinctly average, and the same problems occur just like last season.

Face it, Nugent apart from those penalties has been useless for a while, Vardy even though he has showed improvements is not a consistent goalscorer, Wood yes he is injured, but apart from the cup against Carlisle, he has been absolutely crap. When the wingers don't play well, the same problems occur, no urgency, poor crossing and a lack of service. We have brought in Dean Hammond to shore up the midfield, neither he or James got on today, and when Hammond has got on in recent matches, he has been given like 5-10 minutes, hardly any time to make a decent impact.

Drinkwater and King may control the midfield at times, but when they slow things down and become negative, we just become very average.

We have been very lucky this season, and now with this loss against Doncaster, it opens up a lot of questions, has our team really made any improvements since last season?

Right now I think not, let's see how we respond after the international break, but anybody with eyes and a brain would see, the same faults appearing like last season, even in some games we have won.

Too many holes in your statement and quite frankly its boring...

Did we **** keep hoofing it. We worked out early that the lump of a centre half would win anything chucked up in the air.

Yes the last 10 we did what every english club does and went direct. Lets be honest only barca play football for 96mins and even that has been worked out in the last 2 seasons.

Today was a prime example of needing a steve howard type forward to push the defenders about.

Without wood we don't have the option when it's needed.

"We kept hoofing it"

"We had no ideas"

"The midfield was slow"

"Our bench is poor"

New manager in before Christmas maybe?

If get 2-3 more losses in the next few games.

Did we **** keep hoofing it. We worked out early that the lump of a centre half would win anything chucked up in the air.

Yes the last 10 we did what every english club does and went direct. Lets be honest only barca play football for 96mins and even that has been worked out in the last 2 seasons.

Today was a prime example of needing a steve howard type forward to push the defenders about.

Without wood we don't have the option when it's needed.

Looks like we ran out of ideas today so why did we not gamble on pushing  Wasilewski  upfront like Brian Little did with Walshie,the guy is as strong as a ox and it would have gave them something to think about

I thought we were all of what king fox has said people have commented, today we did just hoof it, we did look clueless in breaking them down, all facts, but lets not get to excited about the poor performance, it was a horror showing, and the worse performance in a long time, probably nearly as bad as barsnley last season.

But it's one terrible performance, one defeat, and now it's how we come out in the next game.

I'm hoping it's not the start of the rot, and we get over that game quickly.

We were bound to end the good run, it's done know, so hopefully we can start another good run.

I'm abit miffed when the going gets tough why we opt to hoof it?

We had Vardy and Nuge upfront FFS! not Peter Crouch and Kevin Francis, apart from that though i do see signs of progress but i also see alot of improvement is still needed.. We have to try cut these individual mistakes out that are costing us or making us hang on!

I do believe if we are gonna keep with 4-4-2 we need more options in the wing department, we can't rely on Knocky and Dyer and they also need competition

I'm not getting carried away though, taking one game and at time and just see where it takes us

"We kept hoofing it"

"We had no ideas"

"The midfield was slow"

"Our bench is poor"

Yes, things have changed. We have a better squad with much more strength in depth.

We have improved a lot from last season, in terms character to come from behind and win and have defended superbly at times, our squad has improved greatly and we have some new systems.

One thing that does seem to be remaining the same is the playing the same players and system two many games in a row. We have the squad and the new systems so let's use them to keep things fresh.

After the yeovil performance I thought James and Hammond might have got a start, but no change again

Not often I agree with kingfox but he is correct we can't rely on penalties.

Also when people say we are not playing well but are still third they are correct.

But we are not limping home to QPR Burnley and Watford.

We are doing it to Barnsley Yeovil and not beating or getting anything at Donny and Charlton.

No I am not panicing but you can't hide the facts and take away the peno's that not every ref would give and we are in a mess.

Penalties should be a bonus not relide upon as we seem to be atm.

Our forwards are not scoring enough in open play.

It was a horrid mistake, and it lifted Doncaster. Before that I thought we were ok, and should have scored... Our bench doesn't offer much attacking threat, but then again I don't rate Futacs or Waghorn so would they have added anything more? Probably not.

It was just an awful performance today, right down to just resorting to just kicking it long all game which Doncaster defended well and could have done it all game. Dyer was switched off again, rarely beat his man, yeah I still think he is inconsistent at best. Morgan battled well, I thought Moore was ok again too.

I don't it's time to panic at all. I don't think it's time to reevaluate. I just think today was a bad performance, and one of the most frustrating things for me is that Doncaster aren't that good.

So you think we were better last year? Bizarre how people can't see our changes, seeing as we've already played 3 or 4 formations

Exactly. I think last season Pearson got criticised for having no plan B, and to be fair to him, he's tried several different formations and I feel confident upon changing to 442 or 352 etc... We now have a plan a, b, c.

If you compare the results we've had this season to ones we had against the same teams last season then there is a slight improvement. Aside from that though I just feel were a touch more resilient and result focused. Still work to be done if we're to go up though.

Relax guys .... We will have poor results, we won't go the whole season losing only a couple. I've said it before ....it's the championship and this is the way it goes, we're still in a great position. Yeah there were some long balls today but let's be honest nobody in this division is playing great footy at the moment. Poor result granted but don't panic

Archived