Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Knee Jerkers...

We have won games because of these penalties, and what happens when we don't get these penalties?

We have won two games without scoring a penalty this season, one of which was pretty lucky as well due to a mistake from Lee Grant.

But in games we haven't got a penalty, we drew against Leeds and lost to Charlton and Doncaster.

We cannot rely on penalties every week.

We have been very lacklustre and pretty average in long spells of our home games in particular this season.

We need to be scoring from open play, and being more dangerous in the final third, for our strikers Nugent and Vardy together have scored only 3 goals from open play.

Look how well Vokes, Ings, Henderson, Deeney etc...have done so far this season.

Ever considered that our players will have scored as many if they hadnt been fouled in the area?

And why do you speak of penalties as if they don't count!? You don't get them for nothing, you kind of have to attack and get in the box or is that wrong aswell?

Ever considered that our players will have scored as many if they hadnt been fouled in the area?

And why do you speak of penalties as if they don't count!? You don't get them for nothing, you kind of have to attack and get in the box or is that wrong aswell?

I will happily take penalties, but are we going to rely on them all season?

We might not get another one say, until next year?

We have had chances in all our games, but how many teams have we actually killed off. 

Blackburn had a nail biting finish, Barnsley was a nail biting finish, Yeovil was a nail biting finish.

We haven't been at all clinical in the final third this season for me, our best and most comfortable game for me came against Wigan.

Apart from that, I haven't seen anything that tells me we are going to finish top two this season. 

I think we all need to just calm down.

If we win, look for the positives, look for improvements.

If we lose, remember it's a crazy league and long season, look for improvements.

The Good:

- We're 3rd, with 23 points out of 33, with only 2 losses - everyone would have taken that before the season

- The squad is better, with the likes of Beckford and Danns offloaded, Vardy and Moore's improvement seeming like new signings, and much needed experience in GTF, Hammond and Wasyl, and younger/inexperienced players like Moore, RDL, Drinkwater and James looking a bit more world-wise

- We've found a way of grinding out results (something we couldn't do last season) and in closing out games (failing to do so was one of the main characteristics of last season's extended bad run)

- We're getting lots of penalties, which is indicative of our desire, pace and ability to get into the box more, something we didn't do enough last season

- NP has, at least some of the time, demonstrated that he's learnt from some the mistakes from last season, by bringing about the above points but also by entertaining other formations/set ups. 

- We've stopped playing hoofball (yesterday aside!)

The Bad:

- Vardy and Nugent don't score enough, and Schlupp is out of form and not trusted up front, therefore with Waghorn not being good enough too and Wood injured, we're a bit light up top at the minute

- We're still at danger of panicking and reverting to playing the weird, desperate, huff and puff, hoofball - as demonstrated yesterday

- NPs inability or reluctance in changing things during a match, as shown yesterday when we should have gone for broke at 60 mins, brought on Schlupp AND Hammond/James and gone 4-3-3

- Complete lack of aerial ability, both offensively and defensively

- Ineffectual set pieces and Moore's long throw

All in all, it's quite simple, we're a good team, which can beat anyone, we should be finishing top 6 minimum (which I think we'll do), but there's improvements to be made. Who's to say that they won't be?

We're not world beaters, but that's OK, no one in this league ever is, promoted teams included, look at Cardiff, QPR, Hull etc. I can only think of Southampton and maybe Norwich in recent years that actually got promoted in style.

We'll be alright. 

Is someone taking the p!ss after my double knee op?Knee jerkers indeed.

FTers can be so disrespectful and callous sometimes . We're only pulling your leg though :) 

..............Oh sorry , did that hurt?

I think a bit of balance is required... I don't think our performances have been particularly fantastic overall (Wigan aside) even Mr Pearson has admitted that and whilst we've been getting results a lot of the deficiencies have been masked.

That said were in third place with 23 out of a possible 33 points all things considered that's a pretty fantastic start... IF this run continues or takes a turn for the better maybe we should keep into perspective that a season is never won or lost in October!

Archived