Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Knee Jerkers...

After reading FT today, I cant believe how many people are suddenly completely negative with everything.

Its all hunky dorey one minute 'this is the best team in years', 'we have much more strength in depth this year' then suddenly 1 defeat and completely the opposite lol. I find it incredible.

Jut want to say we are still 3rd 4 points into a playoff place and a 2 week break to start fresh for Huddersfield. Stop the up/down knee jerk emotions depending on 1 result...its pathetic.

Oh by the way, shall we get Beckford and Danns back? bottom of the table until today they both scored ONCE. Best players in the world? dont know why Pearson let them go...massive mistake right?

People need to face the music, and stop bumming off this team, and being all confident.

Do we deserve to be 3rd on the merit of our performances - Not in the slightest

Does the team have similar problems to last season - Yes

We are 3rd because of penalties, and fans should realise as a whole, that isn't particularly great is it.

This team still has a lot of improvements to make, goals win you games, and the way our attacking players have looked so far, it wouldn't surprise me if a dry spell is right around the corner.

I'm really hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

People need to face the music, and stop bumming off this team, and being all confident.

We are 3rd because of penalties, and fans should realise as a whole, that isn't particularly great is it.

This team still has a lot of improvements to make, goals win you games, and the way our attacking players have looked so far, it wouldn't surprise me if a dry spell is right around the corner.

You've got to stop this weird thing with penalties.

It's completely illogical. Winning and converting penalties is a legitimate skill in football. A chance created from being fouled in the penalty area is no less legitimate than one created "from open play". The goals all count for the same value.

Yeah, right. You're relishing the 'I told you so' moment. You don't want to stick your neck out, so instead of being positive, you're going to be negative just to be able to keep face. We are where we are on merit, saying anything else is just daft.

Ok, so what are people supposed to do?

Ignored a bad performance, don't mention it? Treat it as a taboo subject?

:dunno:

Don't get me wrong people do go over the top, but when the team have played poorly, extremely poorly and a player has made a unforgivable fuck up at professional level (Bearing in mind everyone jumps on the referee when they make a mistake - which on that note, I'm very happy to see no-one has even mention the referee for our failure to win, people are blaming how the team played for once) I think people have a right to comment on that.

It's one extreme to the other, on one hand you have the 'knee jerkers' (Who personally I think see it for what it is and comment accordingly) or the happy clappers that like to ignore things, bad performances are good (in a way :unsure:) because you can see what we need to improve, what we need to change, and it (hopefully) gives the players a reality check and a kick up the backside.

You're an idiot if you believe we are 3rd due to penalties (which we won due to good play).

You're an idiot if you believe we are 3rd due to penalties (which we won due to good play).

True...but you also gotta be an idiot not to worry about our lack of goals from open play....no???

Ok, so what are people supposed to do?

Ignored a bad performance, don't mention it? Treat it as a taboo subject?

:dunno:

Don't get me wrong people do go over the top, but when the team have played poorly, extremely poorly and a player has made a unforgivable fuck up at professional level (Bearing in mind everyone jumps on the referee when they make a mistake - which on that note, I'm very happy to see no-one has even mention the referee for our failure to win, people are blaming how the team played for once) I think people have a right to comment on that.

It's one extreme to the other, on one hand you have the 'knee jerkers' (Who personally I think see it for what it is and comment accordingly) or the happy clappers that like to ignore things, bad performances are good (in a way :unsure:) because you can see what we need to improve, what we need to change, and it (hopefully) gives the players a reality check and a kick up the backside.

There's no middle ground though! And the "knee jerkers" don't just comment on the poot performance. They make out we've been shit all season and have been lucky to win all those games we have won.

Also why is a penalty not being classed as a legitimate goal anymore?

Lack of goals from poem play is worrying, I can get that part. Although I'm not too bothered about the penalties issue. I mean, we've still got to keep opposition goals out as well, which we've done ok with so far.

Seemed to have no creativity yesterday.

I'm no knee jerker though, I would have taken third going into the October international break.

There's no middle ground though! And the "knee jerkers" don't just comment on the poot performance. They make out we've been shit all season and have been lucky to win all those games we have won.

Also why is a penalty not being classed as a legitimate goal anymore?

Well we havn't exactly set the world alight with our performance, they havn't been awfully poor, but they have been tremendously great, we have been lucky to win some games but i've always said I don't care how we play aslong as we win so for me it's not a huge problem, however it does ask question and we have been lucky on occasions.

Why is a penalty not being classed as a legitimate goal? It is, however we can't go all season relying on penalties as Raj says we must ask question about the lack of goals from open play, certainly our strikers not scoring, which we seem to ask that question every season.

Look things aren't bad, but people must realise there is alot of work to do and I think alot of people were getting way ahead of themselves as are the people are writing us off, like you say there needs to be some middle ground - and that is where we sit, we aren't doing as great as the table reflects imo, but we aren't far away, we are somewhere inbetween.

Lack of goals from poem play is worrying, I can get that part. Although I'm not too bothered about the penalties issue. I mean, we've still got to keep opposition goals out as well, which we've done ok with so far.

Seemed to have no creativity yesterday.

I'm no knee jerker though, I would have taken third going into the October international break.

I've been saying for a long time we need a bit more poetry in our football.  :thumbup:

How do you know that those performances haven't been better than Forest's, Watford's, Reading's?

We are not given penalties for free, and as we painfully know, penalties are not a guaranteed goal. We could quite conceivably have gone on before the foul took place to score from open play.

How do you know that those performances haven't been better than Forest's, Watford's, Reading's?

We are not given penalties for free, and as we painfully know, penalties are not a guaranteed goal. We could quite conceivably have gone on before the foul took place to score from open play.

Don't bring sense to the argument please

There are only the extremes for many fans these days.

We are either going to win the Champions League or were headed for the Blue Square.

Luckily there are the more rational and considered like yourself that can see beyond this.

Three points from two away games in a week is fine, and would have been 4 bar an unfortunate mistake.

I think the problem is a lot of us that were totally disillusioned by Pearson and his tactics last year, and we are happy with the start but we are not totally convinced.

We were all frustrated last season after getting into a strong position for promotion they threw it away, and yes the responsibility ultimately is the managers, to stop the bad runs, and stop bad runs of form of the players.

I was starting to come round to Pearson, and thinking he had learnt a lot over the summer, and after one defeat I am not going to jump on him again, but after watching that shower of shit yesterday I would say he got the team and tactics very wrong.

The team he put out looked tired and disinterested to me, and reverted to a long ball game we were never going to win, which for me brought back memories of last season, when we got it so wrong, and ended in a rut.

The knee jerk reactions works both ways, after 7 or so games we had threads like where's the Pearson haters now, like all of a sudden Pearson is a world beater, and even if we lose a couple now we don't need to have a knee jerk reaction.

Let's see what happens, and for me I know what to expect from Pearson and have stated give him the season to see if he can get us up, and I stand by that, well unless he serves up football like yesterday every week.

We have scored a lot of penalties, but you can only look at that coming from the attacking play we have had. We have pace breaking into the box and it's a threat to the other team, it's a strength of ours, so why are we so quick to try and make out that winning and converting penalties is a negative sign? People bang on about this team not looking great, apart from the odd mistake, we barely concede any goals, a quick glance across the board and it's only really QPR who I can see who are probably conceding fewer. I don't know the official stats to that, but our defense looks pretty good, just the odd mistake to iron out which every team has! We will never be the perfect team so why target every little negative from our performances, this season so far, deserves so much more than us lot going at it every week. Under Pearson we have always been here or here abouts, if things turn to shit fair enough, lets throw our toys out the pram, but looking to the future for another poor run of form at this time is ridiculous.

We have won games because of these penalties, and what happens when we don't get these penalties?

We have won two games without scoring a penalty this season, one of which was pretty lucky as well due to a mistake from Lee Grant.

But in games we haven't got a penalty, we drew against Leeds and lost to Charlton and Doncaster.

We cannot rely on penalties every week.

We have been very lacklustre and pretty average in long spells of our home games in particular this season.

We need to be scoring from open play, and being more dangerous in the final third, for our strikers Nugent and Vardy together have scored only 3 goals from open play.

Look how well Vokes, Ings, Henderson, Deeney etc...have done so far this season.

Archived