Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Dublin Vows To Repay Fans!

Leicester City's Dion Dublin has vowed to repay the club's supporters and help City mount a challenge for a play-off place in The Championship.

The Foxes had a disappointing last campaign and were more concerned with trying to avoid the ignominy of a second successive relegation rather than regaining their Premiership status.

Dublin, who has been employed as both a centre back and a forward by manager Craig Levein, admits that Leicester will have to perform significantly better if they are to fulfill any play-off aspirations.

Dublin told Sky Sports News: "We need to repay the supporters this year. They turn up week in and week out but we gave them nothing last season.

"All the fans demand is that the lads pull their socks up and give it their best shot.

"This season can be as good as we make it and it is going to be very hard work because this is a hard league," added the 36-year-old.

The former Aston Villa star believes that City should be capable of achieving a top-ten finish at the very least but is also setting his sights higher.

"We should be in the top-ten all season and hopefully we can have a late spurt and claim a play-off position," he said.

I keep hearing mention of this "top 10" position, first from the fans and now from Dion, and it worries me.

Is it the extent of our ambitions for this season? Or are we "once bitten" after last season's misplaced euphoria and unrealistic predictions?.

Am I the only one who believes that a play-off place is the very least we should be expecting for a club of our size and pedigree.

I keep hearing mention of this "top 10" position, first from the fans and now from Dion,  and it worries me.

Is it the extent of our ambitions for this season? Or are we "once bitten" after last season's misplaced euphoria and unrealistic predictions?.

Am I the only one who believes that a play-off place is the very least we should be expecting for a club of our size and pedigree.

150693[/snapback]

I feel the same, 7-10 would be a disaster in my eyes. you might as well finish 21st rather than 7th

I reckon we have the ability to gain play-off place but its not going to be easy. I think that the players beleive they can do it this season, something which wasnt there last season. However, i think that because of last season they dont want to raise expectations too much. Other clubs in the division have been able to spend money and they are obviously going to be up there but we havent and so its going to be harder. However, i think that if we really want it then we can achieve it and there seems to be more beleif in the management this season, especially with CL having the squad that he wants and the type of players he feels that will help him.

With the quality of players now in this division especially from the clubs that have come down it's going to be a real test for us to get promotion, it all depends on the midfield for me, i've got confidence in De Vries and Connolly to bang them in up front for us but we need the midfield to start getting more goals. I'd like to think we'll be in and around the top 6 with sides like Reading slipping out of the equation (can you see them challenging with the likes of Makin and having sold Andy Hughes?) Derby I think will be in for a hard season too so hopefully it'll be all change at the top.

If Dublin is sincere about repaying the fans then he should hand back his salary for last season and tear up his contract for this one.

The only mistake CL has made since his arrival is giving that charlatan a new deal.

If Dublin is sincere about repaying the fans then he should hand back his salary for last season and tear up his contract for this one.

The only mistake CL has made since his arrival is giving that charlatan a new deal.

150723[/snapback]

lol funny but I don't agree :D

150723[/snapback]

I agree he's a fraud, mountebank, smoothie, flimflammer, phoney, four-flusher an opportunist. He actually contributes very little in the way of football to the team IMO but gets people to believe he does by his maniputation of the crowd through his gestures and grandstanding.

The only thing I will say is he's obviously taken in a large portion of the crowd with this performance, so if they believe in him and it gets them 'up for the game' I suppose that's good. I just seem to see a different Dublin to most people, well except you Barton :D

Personally I would be satisfied but not overwhelmed with a top 10 finish. At the end of the day you can say what you like but it is progress. One of the good things that Levein has achieved is getting our players on longer than one-year contracts so if we don't do it this season, we still have the backbone of the squad there to improve around and push further next time around. I'm not expecting playoffs, for me top 10 would be ok, anything more a bonus.

Here's a philosophical question for you all...

Which of the following situations would you rather find the foxes in at the end of this season:

a) secure a play-off place, and fail to win promotion?

b) finish just short of the play-offs?

// Top 10 would be an improvement position wise. As long as that is down to a rather a significant increase in our points total. If we only manage to better ourselves by 5 to 10 points, then I wouldn't consider it too great an improvement.

I trust CL I didnt trust Micky and I think thats the crux of the matter. CL has his head screwed on the right way and has bought sensibly. I have predicted 6th im not getting carried away but I seriously think we are capable of pushing for a play off spot. We have to have some kind of aim I think.

Here's a philosophical question for you all...

Which of the following situations would you rather find the foxes in at the end of this season:

a) secure a play-off place, and fail to win promotion?

b) finish just short of the play-offs?

// Top 10 would be an improvement position wise. As long as that is down to a rather a significant increase in our points total. If we only manage to better ourselves by 5 to 10 points, then I wouldn't consider it too great an improvement.

150818[/snapback]

Easy -

Choice A. We've been there before and if that does happen then the feel good factor of 35,000 going to Cardiff, carries over to next season. Plus we make a bit of cash.

Archived