Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr.X

Songs you wouldn't admit to liking ?

I like a lot of Kate Bush. I do think she's a fairly underrated artist to be fair, but I never know if I should tell people I like her upon being asked. 

First of all why would you care?

Liking music is not an exact science, there are no rules to it, you like what you like for whatever reason. This whole thread annoys me to be honest.

I have some friends that are annoying music snobs, don't get me wrong they know their stuff, but it seems like they do stop liking bands when they get more well known. I went to Glastonbury with a bunch of them they boycotted the Arctic Monkeys and they refused to go and see Ben Howard, they preferred to sit in the tent and drink warm cans of beer instead of chilling out in the sun with a cold beer and some laid back pleasant guitar pop, they also left half way through the Rolling Stones set to go and see the Fvck Buttons.

This is the thing with music, if you like it you win, it doesn't matter if it is some uber cool Icelandic art noise played on the nose flute only on Tuesdays in a month beginning with J, or Miley Cyrus, when arguing over the merits of music you like, you win, because you get to enjoy something they don't. 

First of all why would you care?

Liking music is not an exact science, there are no rules to it, you like what you like for whatever reason. This whole thread annoys me to be honest.

I have some friends that are annoying music snobs, don't get me wrong they know their stuff, but it seems like they do stop liking bands when they get more well known. I went to Glastonbury with a bunch of them they boycotted the Arctic Monkeys and they refused to go and see Ben Howard, they preferred to sit in the tent and drink warm cans of beer instead of chilling out in the sun with a cold beer and some laid back pleasant guitar pop, they also left half way through the Rolling Stones set to go and see the Fvck Buttons.

This is the thing with music, if you like it you win, it doesn't matter if it is some uber cool Icelandic art noise played on the nose flute only on Tuesdays in a month beginning with J, or Miley Cyrus, when arguing over the merits of music you like, you win, because you get to enjoy something they don't.

Your mates are the ones who will miss out for being so serious about music and what they'll allow themselves to listen to. I'll listen to all sorts though I tend to favour indie or rock, though I have Adele and Rihanna songs on itube/play tube that I also like, though if I had the music man and the macdonalds song on loop I would probably steer clear of proudly announcing it to my mates in the pub.

Damn parents!

Courtesy of me mum: Level 42, aha, Go West, from the old man: Africa by Toto

One of the stranger bits of the Morrissey autobiography is when he talks about going to see A-ha with Johnny Marr because they quite like them.

Mind you, I think I bought an A-ha album and a Smiths album within days of each other so maybe it's not that odd, two sides of the same coin and all that.  I also bought another Smiths record and a Belinda Carlisle album in the same transaction.

I'm not sure what this means

Archived