Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
z-layrex

12 minute Xbox One dashboard demo

I cannot understand why they're trying to push the tv aspect of it. I have Sky so why would I need an interactive, voice recognition system as well? As for Skype, I'll stick with a tablet.

Just flippin' stick to the games.

Oh, and add another voice activation feature...

"Xbox? ... 1080p please"

lol

You do realise plenty of PS4 games will not be native 1080p either right? Will you not be able to enjoy those games then? BF4 isn't 1080p on PS4 either. The new NFS is 1080p/60fps on both. Not to mention the fact that despite cod being in native 1080p, it's framerate suffers compared to the identical looking x1 version:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One.

The One does stick to games, it also offers a whole lot more for people who want it, which I think is pretty cool. The internet has collectively acted like one massive douche since e3 and it's gotten so boring. I posted an interesting look at very impressive UI and all people like you can do is post the same tired shit like the rest of the net.

COD Ghosts comparisons...

IGN:

"While both are displayed at 1080p, the Xbox One version upscales the game from 720p resolution. In contrast, the PS4 version runs natively at 1080p, which makes character models, weapons, and environments look noticeably sharper and more detailed. The difference is especially apparent on larger-sized TVs, where pixel density weighs more heavily in picture quality."

Thunderbolt:

"Quite simply, it’s hard to tell much difference between [Xbox One] and the 360 version. Textures are muddy, lines are jagged and it lacks the smooth anti-aliasing of the PS4 edition. It’s hard to tell exactly what this version provides that justifies labeling it as a next generation game."

IW are currently patching out the PS4 framerate problems.

Back on topic, I have a Windows phone so quite like the overall look of the UI, but it's hardly groundbreaking. The picture in picture part looks fairly neat but I can't understand Microsoft pushing its TV capabilities. The UI is also quite inefficient according to several developers, requiring a separate OS to power background tasks, sapping more processing power that it already lacks behind the PS4. From a personal standpoint, I can't see what this offers over the PS4 in terms of gaming - costs £80 more, but runs slower. The jokes may be getting old, but I think they're valid - they let Sony take the first step revealing the console, and then revealed what many people see as an inferior product at an inflated price. Forgetting the whole debacle about game-sharing, Kinect-spying, etc. I'm a 360 gamer and the PS4 just looks like a noticeably better option right now

Archived