Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Team V stoke

IMO, i think craig will go with

douglas

maybury macarthy johanson gilbert

sylla gudjohnson williams wilcox

connolly mdv

I would go with the same bar, stearman for gudjohnson and elvis for mdv.

Because of gudjohnson, williams doesnt get forward like he should, stearman would give him more carte blanche, because he can do whatever gudjohnson can do. Alternatively, how about maybury in midfield (captain) and stearman at RB.

We DESPERATELY need some pace up front. Our play on saturday and from now on tells me we dont use a target man as much now (i dont think its our future policy) we NEED to get the 25,000 city fans excited and enthusiastic, i think a `unknown` speedy player can do that, and the players feed off the fans encouragement.

sheff u were known for `long ball` stuff, not now, they play it around like wigan did last season and feed the front 2 on the floor. When webber gets the ball, he`ll get it deep and run at the opposition. Its a game of physical speed nowadays, once you`ve gone past the defence, the goal is an easier target.

I personally wouldn't change the side that started against Sheff Utd, when we changed it things got worse.

151649[/snapback]

Agreed.

I personally wouldn't change the side that started against Sheff Utd, when we changed it things got worse.

151649[/snapback]

Agreed, as much as dislike Maybury at left back, Gilbert looks ill-prepared, I'd be happy to see Sheehan at left back but that would be very harsh on Stearman.

As for Hughes and Kisnorbo I really can't see them playing a starting role before the end of August. I have my doubts as to whether Tiatto would strengthen the team.

To be honest in the games i've seen (Inter Milan, Celtic) so far this campaign Tiatto has been the one who's messed up all the nice passing and really I think doesnt offer an awful lot going forward, certainly from the Inter Milan match and Sheff Utd games Jason Wilcox isnt shot shy and can produce some decent crosses and give us Width on that side and against Sheff Utd the Midfields passing game flowed very well I just don't think putting Tiatto back in for the Stoke match would benefit us, unless the game turns physical then he can come off the bench.

To be honest in the games i've seen (Inter Milan, Celtic) so far this campaign Tiatto has been the one who's messed up all the nice passing and really I think doesnt offer an awful lot going forward, certainly from the Inter Milan match and Sheff Utd games Jason Wilcox isnt shot shy and can produce some decent crosses and give us Width on that side and against Sheff Utd the Midfields passing game flowed very well I just don't think putting Tiatto back in for the Stoke match would benefit us, unless the game turns physical then he can come off the bench.

151689[/snapback]

I thought Tiatto was one of our better players against Inter when he played down the middle and he wasn't shot shy that night. He let one go from 25 yards that nearly went in. Wilcox had one or two shots at Sheffield and one he missed by miles. Having said that, Wilcox looked good on Saturday and Tiatto started to annoy me last season as we got close to the end. Didn't seem like the same player.

I thought Tiatto was one of our better players against Inter when he played down the middle and he wasn't shot shy that night. He let one go from 25 yards that nearly went in. Wilcox had one or two shots at Sheffield and one he missed by miles. Having said that, Wilcox looked good on Saturday and Tiatto started to annoy me last season as we got close to the end. Didn't seem like the same player.

151704[/snapback]

Agreed but his distribution was still poor and Levein has said he'll play with one side narrow to accomodate him as he's captain.

Agreed but his distribution was still poor and Levein has said he'll play with one side narrow to accomodate him as he's captain.

151714[/snapback]

He shouldn't be captain then. We're changing the way we play to accomodate him just because he's the captain although Levein said he wanted to build a team where the importance of a captain isn't as great because everyone's a leader.

Then you dont trust CL davieg.

151678[/snapback]

Nothing to do with trust, I just have a different opinion, but doesn't everybody who watches football. I trust Levein to manage the team it doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision he makes.

Besides I said 'I have my doubts as to whether Tiatto would strengthen the team.

That doesn't mean I don't believe that he wont bring a different perspective to the way we play.

Or were you just looking for something to argue over ;)

Nothing to do with trust , I just have a different opinion, but doesn't everybody who watches football. I trust Levein to manage the team it doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision he makes .

Besides I said 'I have my doubts as to whether Tiatto would strengthen the team .

That doesn't mean I don't believe that he wont bring a different perspective to the way we play .

151730[/snapback]

Im worried about your contradictions now.

Agreed, as much as dislike Maybury at left back, Gilbert looks ill-prepared, I'd be happy to see Sheehan at left back but that would be very harsh on Stearman.

151664[/snapback]

I do fancy seeing Sheehan in a match soon, but also like Stearman. Any chance that Stearman and Sheehan could be both accommodated?

I'd even like to see Maybury, Stearman and Sheehan working together at some point... not sure about Gilbert at this stage!

How many would prefer De Vries to Dublin? I've read a few people wanting Dublin to start but it makes no sense to me. From what i saw in pre season Dublin offers nothing other than the odd header from a cross. Often the ball is bouncing off Dublin whereas at least De Vries can hold the ball up, turn and run with it at times.

De Vries should start against Stoke so we can see if he can be a bit more lethal against lesser opposition. If he can't then Elvis needs to come on, at half time, to give us some pace up front and get behind their backline.. they had one of the best defensive records last season, and drew their last game 0-0 after playing with 10 men for 80 odd minutes after Taggart was sent off.. so a quick strikeforce seems necessary to me.

Same as Sheff Utd but bring Gerrbrand in for McCarthy.

Douglas

Stearman Gerrbrand Johansson Maybury

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Wilcox

De Vries Connolly

How many would prefer De Vries to Dublin? I've read a few people wanting Dublin to start but it makes no sense to me. From what i saw in pre season Dublin offers nothing other than the odd header from a cross. Often the ball is bouncing off Dublin whereas at least De Vries can hold the ball up, turn and run with it at times.

De Vries should start against Stoke so we can see if he can be a bit more lethal against lesser opposition. If he can't then Elvis needs to come on, at half time, to give us some pace up front and get behind their backline.. they had one of the best defensive records last season, and drew their last game 0-0 after playing with 10 men for 80 odd minutes after Taggart was sent off.. so a quick strikeforce seems necessary to me.

Same as Sheff Utd but bring Gerrbrand in for McCarthy.

Douglas

Stearman Gerrbrand Johansson Maybury

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Wilcox

De Vries Connolly

151767[/snapback]

I for one don't want Dublin to play instead of De Vries, and I agree with your lineup.

I for one don't want Dublin to play instead of De Vries, and I agree with your lineup.

151779[/snapback]

Without question I'd say Connolly/DeVries is our best front two as things stand. Another poster talked about confidence so MDV should be instructed to shoot at every opportunity within 25 yards. That may help and I hope it does. Otherwise it is about getting a replacement not just changing personel for the sake of it.

I've seen Dublin (he doesn't represent an improvement) and the Elvis needs some bedding in first before we'll know how much use he'll be.

The real weaknesses are Douglas plus Gilbert (and I suspect Gerrbrand will be better than McCarthy).

Im worried about your contradictions now.

151740[/snapback]

Where's the contradiction trust doesn't have to be blind, you can trust someone without agreeing with every word they say - I think it's you that is confused.

As for Tiatto, Strength and Tactics are two different things I doubt whether Tiatto would strengthen the current formation but he could offer a different options is quite clear in my mind. You can put a generally weaker player in if they offer something different for a specific period of the game but if they were in from the beginning it would weaken the team i.e you could take a forward off and put on an extra defender, but you wouldn't start with that formation as it would be weaker. Or am I confusing you.

Why am I explaining this to you, oh I know you like an argument don't you? ;)

No contradiction at all :D

Where's the contradiction trust doesn't have to be blind, you can trust someone without agreeing with every word they say - I think it's you that is confused.

As for Tiatto, Strength and Tactics are two different things I doubt whether Tiatto would strengthen the current formation but he could offer a different options is quite clear in my mind.

151791[/snapback]

If you dont think tiatto should play, then you dont trust CL in playing him.

What different option could tiatto produce?

Archived