Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steveherbe

Charlton home match

It's gonna be one long arse day for me I tell you that.

You might want to rephrase that - or be a bit more discreet about your sex life!  lol

I went to a few Charlton matches when I was living in London back in the 80s (before you were born, possibly?! :o). That was the time when you were squatting at Selhurst Park with the Surrey scum, so I've never been to the Valley, old or new. Does anyone still chant "Leeeeeeeea-Burn!"? Carl Leaburn....I reckon he had the poorest scoring record of any striker then playing. Very good at holding it up and getting assists from nod-downs and flick-ons, though.

I went to Welling a few times, too - in my misspent youth as a Folkestone Town (RIP) fan. I remember once travelling up there on New Year's Day with a horrendous hangover, and we were 3-0 down within about 20 minutes. Happy New Year!

Are you still intending to show your face in the Parcel Yard, next to Leicester station, after the match on Saturday. If so, I might well see you there. Did you see that Rincewind was so keen to meet you that he turned up a week early!  lol

The 80's were before I was born yes, and the Leaburn chant still gets an airing every now and then.

And yes I'm still going to the Pub after, only if it has Sky though. He probably wanted to give me a lecture or something.

Are you still intending to show your face in the Parcel Yard, next to Leicester station, after the match on Saturday. If so, I might well see you there. Did you see that Rincewind was so keen to meet you that he turned up a week early!  lol

No?! lol

Is that the plan now? Meeting afterwards? Much easier for me if it is.

No?! lol

Is that the plan now? Meeting afterwards? Much easier for me if it is.

Yes, unless it was a wind-up. See post 1521 in the Benefits Street thread in General Chat. Hope you can make this week, Ken!

I can make before and/or after the Charlton match, provided I have a day or so to square it with the Missus. I don't usually drink on Saturday lunchtimes, so afterwards would suit me fine, too.

Shall I assume that the pre-match Richard III meet is off, and it's all down to the Parcel Yard from 5.30? I've not seen any recent comment from Steve_Walsh5 (?) or Unabomber, only from you, me, Lamby and Rincewind....what a combination!

I'm not going to make your mistake and post my photo on here (ammunition for 21st Century Fox), apart from my 1969 avatar, from which I'm probably still recognisable! 5ft8, well-built (OK, beer belly), age 51 but look so much younger due to luscious dark locks, look like a cross between Fred Flintstone and a slightly cerebral drunken Irish hod carrier (the Tom Cruise comparison was a hell of a long time ago!  :(

Yes, unless it was a wind-up. See post 1521 in the Benefits Street thread in General Chat. Hope you can make this week, Ken!

I can make before and/or after the Charlton match, provided I have a day or so to square it with the Missus. I don't usually drink on Saturday lunchtimes, so afterwards would suit me fine, too.

Shall I assume that the pre-match Richard III meet is off, and it's all down to the Parcel Yard from 5.30? I've not seen any recent comment from Steve_Walsh5 (?) or Unabomber, only from you, me, Lamby and Rincewind....what a combination!

I'm not going to make your mistake and post my photo on here (ammunition for 21st Century Fox), apart from my 1969 avatar, from which I'm probably still recognisable! 5ft8, well-built (OK, beer belly), age 51 but look so much younger due to luscious dark locks, look like a cross between Fred Flintstone and a slightly cerebral drunken Irish hod carrier (the Tom Cruise comparison was a hell of a long time ago!  :(

lol Brilliant, a real life Kentribution there. Parcel Yard is fine by me, will be there around half 5. I'll message stevewalsh on twitter in the week.

Fred Flinstone? knowing that part of town I'll get told to fcuk off by about six blokes before I find you then lol Just give me a tap on the shoulder or a wave when I walk in.

Going into Rileys for a quick pint and a game of Darts when I get there at 11:30. My mate keeps going about how he can beat me at Darts, so we'll finally see about it.

I was in Rileys in the centre about 6 months back and it didnt have a dart board. Plus it's getting towards the gay area of town.

Archived