Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicesterweb

No midfield for Ipswich!

Leviens interview. What a nice bloke, honest, funny and makes you feel good about things.

We have a midfield problem V ipswich.

I`d play stearman gujohnson tiatto wilcox.

Dont think we should risk williams if hes not 100%.

Another thing, hes creating/created a style of play, a belief suited to 3-3 rather than 0-0. i wouldnt expect many 0-0`s this season.

You're right about Levein, he's honest and will tell you what he thinks. He keeps things to his chest if he does not want you to know though but that's to be expected! He knows what he's doing - a big thinker about the game and passionate under that calm exterior!

He keeps things to his chest if he does not want you to know though

154880[/snapback]

I dont think he wants the fans to think were more attacking, and that at the moment its the reason our defence isnt up to scratch.

I'd play Porter ahead of Elvis. Although Elvis looked good when he came on, he is a forward and would leave Maybury woefully exposed.

Preferred midfield (which is not the most creative without Williams) of:

Porter Gudjonsson Tiatto Wilcox

Failing that, and possibly a better option. Switch to 4-3-3. Gudjonsson Tiatto and Wilcox (or Williams if fit?) with Elvis up front alongside De Vries and Connolly

Dont think it'll happen though...

155047[/snapback]

Me neither as CL says tiatto will definately play.

Even if CL gives williams a rest, we can still provide lots of possible scenarios.

elvis stearman tiatto gudjohnson wilcox even sheehan could all play in midfield, so were not desperate. Makes your mouth water a touch with the best 4, and 4 itching to take their place.

i'd play- Elvis    Gudjohnson    Tiatto    Wilcox

154889[/snapback]

I'd play that midfield too. Wilcox may be running on empty though which is a problem so he may put this Hamill on the bench and give him 20 minutes at the end. Playing with those two in the centre will force Joey to be more creative and forget his defensive duties a little which I think he can do on his day although not as well as Williams or Hughes play that role. Elvis proved in his short spell on Tuesday that he can play on the right decently. He did track back and helped Maybury on a few occasions. That's because he's so quick but I wouldn't fancy seeing him covering for Maybury and putting a challenge in his own area.

I would as well, not sure about it though.  :unsure:  :huh:  :ph34r:  :unsure:

154948[/snapback]

Its got bite in the middle with tiatto although im not sure about whether they will last 90 minutes! Be interesting to see who he plays but that midfield would be the best IMO.

Hey now.

This is the second thread in which I've seen a serious suggestion that Levi Porter should play right wing.

Tell me why Craig Levein would choose a two-foot tall 18-year-old kid who's never had first-team action let alone seen the bench ahead of any established first-team player who, although not a right-wing by trade, has experience in that role?

Hey now.

This is the second thread in which I've seen a serious suggestion that Levi Porter should play right wing.

Tell me why Craig Levein would choose a two-foot tall 18-year-old kid who's never had first-team action let alone seen the bench ahead of any established first-team player who, although not a right-wing by trade, has experience in that role?

155291[/snapback]

Ignoring the outrageously derogatory remark about his height, I think you will find in the history of football thousands of instances of "18-year-old kids who've never had first-team action let alone seen the bench play ahead of any established first-team player" especially considering the alternative is to play someone out of position. So what's your point.

I'm not sure what the midfield will be. From what Levein was saying, he might play Stearman right wing!

Or could Hamill play out there? Personally I think we need to take it to Ipswich and try and rip them apart. Their midfield is alot weaker this season and we need to exploit that.

Hamill Tiatto Gudjonsson Elvis

Alot of pace on the wings and some bite in the centre, make the best out of a bad job

It just goes to show how thin on the ground we are for midfielders, very worrying.

I'd play what Ric just posted.

155402[/snapback]

We shouldn't usually. Our midfield is our strongest area, it's just that we've got over 5 injuries in that department and any team with that many would be down to their bare bones.

Hughes

Kisnorbo

Wesolowski

Sylla

Williams

Add Tiatto, Wilcox, Hamill and Gudjonsson and we have a very strong midfield when there isn't an obscene amount of injuries.

Ignoring the outrageously derogatory remark about his height, I think you will find in the history of football thousands of instances of "18-year-old kids who've never had first-team action let alone seen the bench play ahead of any established first-team player" especially considering the alternative is to play someone out of position.  So what's your point.

155295[/snapback]

Ok, touché on my (I'll admit it) jerk-off comment on Porter's height.

But Porter hasn't come all that close to breaking the first team in his time (albeit a short time) at Leicester. He's listed on the team roster, but so is James Smedley and Louis Dodds--and if Levein has to pick either of the three to start a match, I'd hope that he's got a heavy supply of aspirin in his medicine cabinet or that these kids really show something this season. I'm not saying that Porter and Co. are poor players, but rather that the only folks who have mentioned them (well, perhaps only him) as candidates for a stand-in role in the lineup are one or two folks here.

I'm very far away from the club--I can't go watch midweek reserve team matches or Saturday morning youth academy games--but there haven't really been any comments from anybody that I've come across that suggest that Porter is on the fast track towards earning a spot in Levein's lineup (not this season, anyway, but if it happens in the future, that would be wonderful for both him and the club--I do root for the academy alumni to do well[/i]). The Wesolowski (poor kid, get well soon) hype was bulding big-time, but several folks (coaches and scouts) have said that he was the real deal--that's why he was in the squad photo this year while several other youngsters weren't. See also: Stearman, Richard (2004/5).

Ok, touché on my (I'll admit it) jerk-off comment on Porter's height.

But Porter hasn't come all that close to breaking the first team in his time (albeit a short time) at Leicester.  He's listed on the team roster, but so is James Smedley and Louis Dodds--and if Levein has to pick either of the three to start a match, I'd hope that he's got a heavy supply of aspirin in his medicine cabinet or that these kids really show something this season.  I'm not saying that Porter and Co. are poor players, but rather that the only folks who have mentioned them (well, perhaps only him) as candidates for a stand-in role in the lineup are one or two folks here.

I'm very far away from the club--I can't go watch midweek reserve team matches or Saturday morning youth academy games--but there haven't really been any comments from anybody that I've come across that suggest that Porter is on the fast track towards earning a spot in Levein's lineup (not this season, anyway, but if it happens in the future, that would be wonderful for both him and the club--I do root for the academy alumni to do well[/i]).  The Wesolowski (poor kid, get well soon) hype was bulding big-time, but several folks (coaches and scouts) have said that he was the real deal--that's why he was in the squad photo this year while several other youngsters weren't.  See also: Stearman, Richard (2004/5).

155970[/snapback]

Without being patronising, shame you didn't put it like that at first as I can't say I disagree with any of that, in fact it was a good read - I guess your distance hasn't affected your ability to judge :) in hindsight I guess we all provide hasty retorts at one time or another as we rush about, I know i've been picked up once or twice on things I've said ;)

What was all the fuss about? :rolleyes: Sylla and Williams both in the squad so its all good! :)

City: Douglas, Maybury, McCarthy, Johansson, Gilbert, Sylla, Gudjonsson, Williams, Tiatto, de Vries, Connolly.

Subs: Henderson, Gerrbrand, Dublin, Hammond, Wilcox.

Archived