Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collo73

Pre match beers at Blackburn

Not been to Blackburn since we lost 1-0 in the fa cup quarter final where we filled the fernhurst pub and it's car park! Apparently this pub doesn't allow away fans anymore so where are the masses of city fans gonna be drinking?

Last time I went was in the O'Neill days. We drank in a decent place near the ground with pool and table football, big room if I remember, my mate seems to think it was a converted mill or warehouse but the only thing I can find on google maps is the mill hill working men's club. Does this sound families to anyone?

The Fernhurst pub which was once popular with visiting fans, now no longer admits away supporters This means that there are no pubs for away fans near to the stadium. John Chadbourne a visiting Nottingham Forest supporter recommends Uncle Jacks on Branch Road; 'It welcomes away fans, has an excellent selection of beers, cask ales as well as some brilliant pies. It is only a ten minute walk from the ground'.

There is the Golden Cup pub which is further on past the Fernhurst (going away from the ground) on Bolton Road and is tucked in by the motorway bridge. However this Thwaites pub is quite small, gets rather crowded and it is a good 20 minute (mostly uphill) trek from Ewood Park. It is friendly though and also offers a range of pies. On the other side of the motorway on the same road going further away from Ewood Park towards Darwen is the Anchor Hotel, which is also frequented by away fans.

Just around the corner from the entrance to Blackburn Railway Station is a Wetherspoons outlet called the Postal Order. Alcohol is also served within the ground in the form of; Fosters (£3.40 pint), Thwaites (£3.40 pint), Kingstone Cider (£3.20 bottle), Carlsberg (£3.40 bottle), Guinness (£3.80 can) and Wine (£3.80 small bottle). The Club offer two pints of lager or bitter for £6.50 and Pie & Pint for £5.50.

If you have something better to offer Bayfox please share it.

Read my previous post. Havent been for a few years.

But we can all read football ground guide. I asked if people had been recently. Not learnt how to copy and paste.lol

Archived