Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Starting To Wonder About Donny

Ground closures? What planet are people on? We should be allowed a pitch invasion to celebrate with the players. Nobody ever gets hurt and most clubs do it. If you don't want to participate then stay in the stands. I'm sure the players would actually like us to come on the pitch as one!

Before NFL games at Wembley they wheel on a stage in 6 sections which takes minutes to setup and dismantle so it can be done.

I'd feel a little cheated if it was Kasabian as I've paid to watch them a few weeks later.

Awful level of thought going into this conversation.

Sound checks? Get real. A sound check for Kasabian to play a few songs over the stadium PA? It'd sound like a heap of shit no matter how much sound checking was done.

They're hardly going to draft in a long-throw concert system so they can knock out 2-3 songs at the end of the game.

Kasabian are crap anyway. Music for people that can't be bothered to find anything better.

Is correct. Anything like like this pre/post match or shoehorned into HT they ALWAYS want the band to perform 'to track'. Occasionally with a live vocal. 

The stadium PA is not adequate for anything other than the Birch droning on to introduce Leicester Tornadoes Korfball team or whatever the **** he's mumbling about at HT. 

Full band with live instruments would need a professional PA rigged, FOH & monitor desks staging etc to be brought in. Then where would they put it? Certainly nowhere INSIDE the ground is suitable. 

It works when you throw a few million at it for the Superbowl half time show. It won't work at the King Power. 

Also, re Kasabian, unless there's some special circumstances they've managed to put in place, their contract with Live Nation for Victoria Park would generally forbid them to perform in the area three months either side of that engagement.  

God knows what the people complaining about the pre match music being 'deafening' are going to think of this if it actually goes ahead.

I don't think it's the sound, it's the fact it's played when atmosphere should be building up.

Archived