Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Royston.

Help! Footballs taking over my life!

home and away regular (although i thought i had good record away until i heard lisas!)

i spend thousands of pounds every season following us

Its become more and more involved in my life and i still want it to be more! i want to be able to go to more games and im already spending a lot on tickets etc and its not good when your a student. Im giving up a weekend job so that when im at uni i can go to some weekend games! Plus, when chooising uni one reason i chose a midlands based uni was that its close to Leicester for both family and football!

How much of your life is dedicated to Leicester City and what would you do without it?

157417[/snapback]

I guess a lot of my life is dedicated to LCFC at the mo, although I'd definitely say less so now than in the last 2 years, when I used to work at every home game and make a fair few away trips.

I will continue to travel to away games this season but from next season onwards I don't think I'll be going to as many games, because my career will take priority.

I believe there are more important things in life than football and as such if there are obstacles which prevent me from going to games (family, career, finances) then that will have to prevail. In my case it certainly isn't one of following LCFC at all costs.

home and away regular (although i thought i had good record away until i heard lisas!)

i spend thousands of pounds every season following us

157495[/snapback]

:o

It's because I have no life.

I followed them on web keep updating with all news but I don't go to games too many prob abt 5 per season coz I'm still at school and my parent always are too busy (misery gits!)

157577[/snapback]

Yeah - as you point out - just following the news on the web keeps you busy!!!

I guess it's the same with many of us...

I think pre-season makes you realise how much football is missed. Although, I didn't really give much thought to it over the summer, until we played Celtic and Inter. I love watching and playing football, but it's not the most important thing in my life.

I think pre-season makes you realise how much football is missed. Although, I didn't really give much thought to it over the summer, until we played Celtic and Inter. I love watching and playing football, but it's not the most important thing in my life.

157612[/snapback]

same here, i just couldn't explain the amount of excitement i was feeling on the eve of the new season, but like scowy says it's not the most important thnig in my life, things such as family, friends and college are

For me the conflict is about watching other people or playing myself.

My body won't cope with football now but there are golf competitions every day if I want to play in em. I suppose I try to balance the two but both certainly intrude on the rest of my life.

Sport is always a challenge, the company's great and it's a great escape from the worries of life.

Fortunately my wife has always understood but it is enormously time consuming and not very good for the bank balance.

weekend is dominated by football really, i consider it a good thing, a lot of people at my college aren't football fans though so it can be quite annoying not having anyone to talk to about it (i have ft lol)

wouldn't survive without football tbh, life wouldn't be worth living

Archived