Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

A simple resolve to ticket problems?

My Brother bought my tickets this year :( so my name and details won't be on system. Plus my wife really wants to come with me, she says she doesn't support Leicester but she loved it when we came last year and we were poor that day, March 9th 0-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, and you'd be surprised with what she listens to me say and then surprises me when she comes out with it.

why didnt you get your mates who were season tickets to get you one?

I've got 3 season ticket mates, one was in thailand, 1 got me 2 tickets, the other could only get me one (They only offered one the 2nd day of sale) - Which turns out to be a lie as other people got 2...

So my other mate who we couldnt get a ticket for has taken a horse to america instead so it worked out OK for me.. but it was a Pain in the arse, and it seems the majority of people have had problems with the way they've done this!!

My Brother bought my tickets this year :(so my name and details won't be on system. Plus my wife really wants to come with me, she says she doesn't support Leicester but she loved it when we came last year and we were poor that day, March 9th 0-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, and you'd be surprised with what she listens to me say and then surprises me when she comes out with it.

Get him to get you one?

It's an unfortunate truth that next season there will be a number of matches that are sold out, and there will be people there who are only going because of the stature of the opposition we're playing against and if the worst should happen and we're relegated (I don't think we will be) then those supporters wouldn't turn up to see us play on a wet Tuesday night at home to Wolves or whatever.

Why is that an unfortunate truth?

I enjoy going to the cinema but I pick which film to go to.

I have a ST but can't afford to go to every game, due to transport costs from London, surprise, surprise I often pick a game based on the stature of the opposition, I will almost certainly do the same next year.

This is the exact thing that makes me F**king angry!!!

I am 25, supported Leicester City all my life, grew up in Hampshire surrounded by United, Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, went to school on a Monday and took the grief I would no doubt get because 'Leicester are rubbish why support them' or if we'd lost that weekend, in fact I still get it now, but every non-school uniform day I wore my City shirt, in the playground I was always Steve Walsh, I watched the scores on Teletext, Skysports or whatever, no matter whether I am working, abroad on my honeymoon or in fact on the day of my wedding, when the first thing I asked after the ceremony was 'Are we still 0-1?' (QPR away this season, fair to say my wife wasn't impressed) I feel every high and low, I just don't get to do it surrounded by like minded people in the Stadium I call home, I cried when we lost to Stoke when we were relegated to League One, I cried like a baby after 'DEEEEENNNNNNEEEEYYYYYY!' last season, I shouted and screamed at Watford supporters this year when Knockaert scored against them away. I had a beer the Saturday we got promoted, I called my dad when we were crowned champions just to share it with someone who knows how it feels down here.

The point I'm making is that I love my football team, I mean fully 100% love them, I will defend them in every adversity, follow their journey wherever it is, and I do not appreciate this new fad of being called fair weather because I can't watch as many games as I'd like, For me its a 300+ mile round trip, with petrol, food, ticket, program etc to buy, It's also like your average away trip in terms of travel, so no I can't go week in week out, I want to, god I want to more than anything, I love being at the KP, singing my heart out watching my heroes, but I can't be. And now because of that I am referred to as Plastic, Fair weather or whatever.....It's funny I don't remember anyone complaining when I Paid my money to watch a 2-2 draw with Carlisle in League One and a 1-0 victory against Leeds that same season, or the 0-0 Saturday evening game against Newcastle when Wellens got sent off after 20 minutes. I travelled to see us Play Yeovil on a Tuesday night this season, I didn't get in until 02:45 and had work in 4 hours, no one complained then.

Basically people need to step back an understand peoples circumstances before coating them with this label, I love my team, rain or shine, if I can go I will go, I will hold my head high always. But some of these self righteous season ticket holders need to take a walk in my shoes for a season and see how difficult it can be to get to just 1 match, I would gladly walk in theirs and get to every home game.

This is a good piece and represents my feelings too. I follow the team regardless and living in Reading have to do a 260 mile round trip to all home games. I have managed 14 home and away this season but due to the admin situation couldnt get a ticket for this Saturday because according to records I have only been to 4 I have also spent £25 on phone charges trying to get one. Sadly after 35 years of travelling and attending countless games I have decided to give up on the club. I simply cant get over this total debacle and way I have been handled as a fan. Oh how i wished lived in Leicester would have a season ticket without doubt. I dont intend to attend another game again.

Archived