Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

A simple resolve to ticket problems?

So I have seen on here quite alot recently how fans cannot get hold of tickets to the last few games, and are not season ticket holders, this can be frustrating,

This season I did not expect to make 10 games as I am busy on weekends, However I have managed to only miss a few in the end, and although it's cost me more its been worth it!!

I have friends who are season ticket holders which enabled me to guarantee my tickets for games due to the season ticket early bird window.

So why can the club not do this for non season ticket holders?

For myself I'd of been gutted if after only missing a handful of games I couldnt get a ticket to doncaster due to day trippers and fair weather fans bombarding the stadium.

So would it not manke sense to have 2 windows for early tickets?

Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets "x" amount of days before they go on general sale,

Then say 2-3 days before they go on general sale, those who have purchased 5-10 tickets online throughout the season get the chance to buy them a few days early too?

We have the best of both world then,

Season ticket holders get them early,

Those who have actually been to a game more than 5 times in a season get them early

Those who went to 1 game in the whole season have to wait for the general sale lottery.

Fair?

Frustrating to see one of my mates couldnt get a ticket even though he's been too around 11 games this season.

So I have seen on here quite alot recently how fans cannot get hold of tickets to the last few games, and are not season ticket holders, this can be frustrating,

This season I did not expect to make 10 games as I am busy on weekends, However I have managed to only miss a few in the end, and although it's cost me more its been worth it!!

I have friends who are season ticket holders which enabled me to guarantee my tickets for games due to the season ticket early bird window.

For myself I'd of been gutted if after only missing a handful of games I couldnt get a ticket to doncaster due to day trippers and fair weather fans bombarding the stadium.

Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets "x" amount of days before they go on general sale,

Then say 2-3 days before they go on general sale, those who have purchased 5-10 tickets online throughout the season get the chance to buy them a few days early too?

Those who have actually been to a game more than 5 times in a season get them early

Those who went to 1 game in the whole season have to wait for the general sale lottery.

Fair?

Frustrating to see one of my mates couldnt get a ticket even though he's been too around 11 games this season.

Errr isn't that what they've done?

Fair?

There are still some tickets left and he sounds like he meets the criteria?

Errr isn't that what they've done?

Not that I know of??

I've been to nearly all game this season (Not on a season ticket)

I called up to purchase tickets and they said I'd have to wait for general sale as I'm not a ST holder and they are only on ST holder sale...

My friend had the same issue and cannot go because the day they went on GS he couldnt get through...

Luckily I have a few ST holder friends who helped me out...

Did they change it then? because they certainly didnt give me the option to purchase tickets before general sale based on past purchases this season

There are still some tickets left and he sounds like he meets the criteria?

He's ended up going to new york with a racehorse now, His old man was going to go if he was going to football but when they turned him down he went there instead!

there are 3 of us going and thought it would be easier for 1 of us to book them rather than all try, getting 3 tickets was a ****ing nightmare

Aren't they seeling them today, and earlier on in the week, to people who can show they've purchased a ticket for 8 games this season?

They certainly werent when I bought mine, and said they were not going too, if they have fair play. should of ben done ages ago really

All it says is "Sold out" and does not have the option to buy tickets.

A few days ago you were able to purchase a ticket if you'd attended 8 games this season. Not via online. Only via phone or in person.

Yesterday you could buy a ticket if you'd been to 6 games this season. Again, only via phone or in person.

A few days ago you were able to purchase a ticket if you'd attended 8 games this season. Not via online. Only via phone or in person.

Yesterday you could buy a ticket if you'd been to 6 games this season. Again, only via phone or in person.

Thank god they done something then, To be honest I'd not had too much of a problem I ended up getting them the first day they went on sale to Season ticket holders (Although that day was a nightmare) I was comfortable time wise,

But so many people have been disappointed with the way they handled the whole situation

Thank god they done something then, To be honest I'd not had too much of a problem I ended up getting them the first day they went on sale to Season ticket holders (Although that day was a nightmare) I was comfortable time wise,

But so many people have been disappointed with the way they handled the whole situation

I don't know how else they could have done it and not upset people.

Many who have been to 8 games or more may not have purchased the tickets themselves.

We have 3 season tickets between 5 of us and we've all been to more than 8 games this season but if they hadn't given extra tickets to ST holders 2 of us would have missed out.

There will never be a fair way of doing it where it can't be got around sneakily or won't upset a few people who deserve a ticket.

They've done this all season.

General Sale is for people who don't have any booking history this season or last. If you've been to any game this season or last you have a few days on your so called 'fair weather' fans.

They've done this all season.

General Sale is for people who don't have any booking history this season or last. If you've been to any game this season or last you have a few days on your so called 'fair weather' fans.

That's not true. I managed to get a few tickets for various games through General Sale and my history was on the LCFC systems. 

Fair?

They already do this... it's called offering tickets to members before general sale.

I'm a season ticket holder and found it a disgrace how the Doncaster tickets were on sale to only season ticket holders for so long! Surely the people who managed to get tickets via people with season tickets potentially could have been to NO games this season. Season tickets holders already had there tickets so was no real reason for them to get such a long period of priority if any! Should have just gone to members then general sale and be done with it !!

I'm a season ticket holder and found it a disgrace how the Doncaster tickets were on sale to only season ticket holders for so long! Surely the people who managed to get tickets via people with season tickets potentially could have been to NO games this season. Season tickets holders already had there tickets so was no real reason for them to get such a long period of priority if any! Should have just gone to members then general sale and be done with it !!

People who got the tickets through memberships and general sale could potentially have been to no games this season also. It's a marketing technique to shift tickets, no more no less.

The club don't really care if you have been to zero games or three games. They care about shifting the tickets and getting more season ticket holders, letting season ticket holders do half the shifting makes their lives a bit easier.

You're not a "Member" if you've bought tickets before?

If you were buying a few tickets during the season then you should have been then shouldn't you. £25, save money on all your tickets, get tickets for big games... easy. People couldn't be arsed, or didn't think we'd have games like this so they didn't bother.

People have known about potential for this to happen, it has happened this season and in previous seasons when there have been big games.

You're not a "Member" if you've bought tickets before?

Not unless you've bought a membership, no.

In the same way I'm not a season ticket holder if I've been to every home game without buying a season ticket.

To be honest over the season I have been to 6 games , seen some on sky when working away and some my local pub with mates. I have supporting leicester for for 45 years , and started going when I was about 5 .

I have had seasons when I have been to most games home and away , but your circumstances change . I have been to ver 45 different grounds following my team.

I don't understand why people moan about allocation of tickets if you don't go regular , I would like to have gone to the last match , but didn't try to get a ticket due to being busy .

I am still a leicester fan and always will be and will probably go to the same amount of games next season .

It doesn't mean you are not a true fan because you don't go to every game or not a season ticket holder , which I have never been .

Let's enjoy the good times up the City .

If you were buying a few tickets during the season then you should have been then shouldn't you. £25, save money on all your tickets, get tickets for big games... easy. People couldn't be arsed, or didn't think we'd have games like this so they didn't bother.

People have known about potential for this to happen, it has happened this season and in previous seasons when there have been big games.

To be honest babs, I've seen nothing about memberships, and didnt even know they existed...

For next season can we have a detailed sticky post to direct people to with an explanation of memberships so we can stop having all these ridiculous threads being repeated everyday

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/90099-memberships/?hl=memberships

To be honest babs, I've seen nothing about memberships, and didnt even know they existed...

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/90099-memberships/?hl=memberships

I'll ask again, don't those complaining about season ticket holders getting extra tickets actually know any sths personally to claim a ticket from?

Archived