Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

A simple resolve to ticket problems?

To be honest babs, I've seen nothing about memberships, and didnt even know they existed...

My brother in law , a rugger player with no real interest in football, is thinking of taking my nephew (a Leicester fan due to me) along regularly next season, he managed to find out about memberships only a couple of weeks ago.

If peoiple aren't season ticket holders, members or have purchased 8 tickets (in their own name) then I don't see what they have to moan about.

Being a season ticket holder has enabled me to get to many important games over the years, it's the only reason I've kept buying one as living in London means I certainly don't get my monies worth from it.

To be honest babs, I've seen nothing about memberships, and didnt even know they existed...

Hey, I'm just being a bit facetious don't take me too seriously. Just fed up of some of the whinging when people don't get what they want.

If peoiple aren't season ticket holders, members or have purchased 8 tickets (in their own name) then I don't see what they have to moan about.

Indeed

Hey, I'm just being a bit facetious don't take me too seriously. Just fed up of some of the whinging when people don't get what they want.

Indeed

No I get it, I just havent seen anything about it...

The thread is not about my personal experiences, just seen it all over FT and the facebook/twitter feeds of people disappointed with the way LCFC have conducted it all :)

A few days ago you were able to purchase a ticket if you'd attended 8 games this season. Not via online. Only via phone or in person.

Yesterday you could buy a ticket if you'd been to 6 games this season. Again, only via phone or in person.

Wow, that sounds stupid. Why not just sell tickets to anyone.

They are on sale today to those who can prove they have bought at least six tickets. I rang up and they assured me that yes indeed according to their computer I had brought six tickets , cue race down to the ticket office at 12pm. On arrival they checked my name address ect and then said NO you can't have a ticket because one of the tickets was the Fulham cup tie and does not count.. when I asked them why did they not tell me this before i dropped everything and got down there they said who did you speak to ? yeah like the assistant gave me her name ! 

Then as if I was being looked on kindly by the Gods A man approached me and said " are you looking for just one ticket ? " Erm yes why ? well I can't get to the match due to circumstance so if you want to give me the face value you can have it.   So to a Mr Wright on the ticket if you read this by chance  A BLOODY BIG THANK YOU YET AGAIN !  :sweating:  :sweating:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Wow, that sounds stupid. Why not just sell tickets to anyone.

Quick, Edit the post and add :ph34r:  on the end

They are on sale today to those who can prove they have bought at least six tickets. I rang up and they assured me that yes indeed according to their computer I had brought six tickets , cue race down to the ticket office at 12pm. On arrival they checked my name address ect and then said NO you can't have a ticket because one of the tickets was the Fulham cup tie and does not count.. when I asked them why did they not tell me this before i dropped everything and got down there they said who did you speak to ? yeah like the assistant gave me her name ! 

Then as if I was being looked on kindly by the Gods A man approached me and said " are you looking for just one ticket ? " Erm yes why ? well I can't get to the match due to circumstance so if you want to give me the face value you can have it.   So to a Mr Wright on the ticket if you read this by chance  A BLOODY BIG THANK YOU YET AGAIN !  :sweating:  :sweating:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Another example of our clubs disgraceful handling of big situations :)

With regard to Memberships, I didn't bother with it this season. Whereas in the past you used to get a couple of quid off the ticket price. With that, the priority over general sale, and 5% discount in the shop, it was worth the £20 or whatever fee. However they scrapped the discounted tickets so I couldn't see the point of renewing it.

Had a bit of a scare when it came to getting a Doncaster ticket, mind you!

Think I'll splash out regardless next season otherwise I'll struggle to get away tickets I reckon.

UP THE CITY.

I'm a season ticket holder and found it a disgrace how the Doncaster tickets were on sale to only season ticket holders for so long! Surely the people who managed to get tickets via people with season tickets potentially could have been to NO games this season. Season tickets holders already had there tickets so was no real reason for them to get such a long period of priority if any! Should have just gone to members then general sale and be done with it !!

I'm also a STH and totally agree with what you say

With regard to Memberships, I didn't bother with it this season. Whereas in the past you used to get a couple of quid off the ticket price. With that, the priority over general sale, and 5% discount in the shop, it was worth the £20 or whatever fee. However they scrapped the discounted tickets so I couldn't see the point of renewing it.

UP THE CITY.

You still get money off..

2013/14 Memberships...

BLUE FOX MEMBERSHIP- £25

- Save £2 off home match tickets*

- Save £1 off home U21 Development League match tickets

- Complimentary Matchday Magazine voucher for one game

- Priority on the purchase of away tickets

- Priority on the purchase of home tickets **

- 20% Discount Voucher for the City Fanstore***

- 20% Discount Voucher for Banks Bar & Grill or Fusions Restaurant ***

- Guaranteed option to purchase a 2014/15 Season Membership

- Exclusive Members competitions, prize draws, merchandise and events

- Invitation to a special Members Day at King Power Stadium to watch Nigel Pearson put the players through their paces in a training session, players Q&A and signing session

- Upgrade your Membership to a 2ndHalf Season Ticket before December 25thand your Membership Fee deducted from the cost.

- A Foxes Members Card

*(£2 per game discount on individual match ticket purchase (up to a maximum of 10 games and a maximum discount of £20)

**Option to purchase home match tickets one week before the general release date

***One-use during the 2013/14 season

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/tickets/memberships/index.aspx#3LauSzIrs5SDsWPf.99

This is the exact thing that makes me F**king angry!!!

I am 25, supported Leicester City all my life, grew up in Hampshire surrounded by United, Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, went to school on a Monday and took the grief I would no doubt get because 'Leicester are rubbish why support them' or if we'd lost that weekend, in fact I still get it now, but every non-school uniform day I wore my City shirt, in the playground I was always Steve Walsh, I watched the scores on Teletext, Skysports or whatever, no matter whether I am working, abroad on my honeymoon or in fact on the day of my wedding, when the first thing I asked after the ceremony was 'Are we still 0-1?' (QPR away this season, fair to say my wife wasn't impressed) I feel every high and low, I just don't get to do it surrounded by like minded people in the Stadium I call home, I cried when we lost to Stoke when we were relegated to League One, I cried like a baby after 'DEEEEENNNNNNEEEEYYYYYY!' last season, I shouted and screamed at Watford supporters this year when Knockaert scored against them away. I had a beer the Saturday we got promoted, I called my dad when we were crowned champions just to share it with someone who knows how it feels down here.

The point I'm making is that I love my football team, I mean fully 100% love them, I will defend them in every adversity, follow their journey wherever it is, and I do not appreciate this new fad of being called fair weather because I can't watch as many games as I'd like, For me its a 300+ mile round trip, with petrol, food, ticket, program etc to buy, It's also like your average away trip in terms of travel, so no I can't go week in week out, I want to, god I want to more than anything, I love being at the KP, singing my heart out watching my heroes, but I can't be. And now because of that I am referred to as Plastic, Fair weather or whatever.....It's funny I don't remember anyone complaining when I Paid my money to watch a 2-2 draw with Carlisle in League One and a 1-0 victory against Leeds that same season, or the 0-0 Saturday evening game against Newcastle when Wellens got sent off after 20 minutes. I travelled to see us Play Yeovil on a Tuesday night this season, I didn't get in until 02:45 and had work in 4 hours, no one complained then.

Basically people need to step back an understand peoples circumstances before coating them with this label, I love my team, rain or shine, if I can go I will go, I will hold my head high always. But some of these self righteous season ticket holders need to take a walk in my shoes for a season and see how difficult it can be to get to just 1 match, I would gladly walk in theirs and get to every home game.

I am 25, supported Leicester City all my life, grew up in Hampshire surrounded by United, Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, went to school on a Monday and took the grief I would no doubt get because 'Leicester are rubbish why support them' or if we'd lost that weekend, in fact I still get it now, but every non-school uniform day I wore my City shirt, in the playground I was always Steve Walsh, I watched the scores on Teletext, Skysports or whatever, no matter whether I am working, abroad on my honeymoon or in fact on the day of my wedding, when the first thing I asked after the ceremony was 'Are we still 0-1?' (QPR away this season, fair to say my wife wasn't impressed) I feel every high and low, I just don't get to do it surrounded by like minded people in the Stadium I call home, I cried when we lost to Stoke when we were relegated to League One, I cried like a baby after 'DEEEEENNNNNNEEEEYYYYYY!' last season, I shouted and screamed at Watford supporters this year when Knockaert scored against them away. I had a beer the Saturday we got promoted, I called my dad when we were crowned champions just to share it with someone who knows how it feels down here.

The point I'm making is that I love my football team, I mean fully 100% love them, I will defend them in every adversity, follow their journey wherever it is, and I do not appreciate this new fad of being called fair weather because I can't watch as many games as I'd like, For me its a 300+ mile round trip, with petrol, food, ticket, program etc to buy, It's also like your average away trip in terms of travel, so no I can't go week in week out, I want to, god I want to more than anything, I love being at the KP, singing my heart out watching my heroes, but I can't be. And now because of that I am referred to as elastic, Fair weather or whatever.....It's funny I don't remember anyone complaining when I Paid my money to watch a 2-2 draw with Carlisle in League One and a 1-0 victory against Leeds that same season, or the 0-0 Saturday evening game against Newcastle when Wellens got sent off after 20 minutes. I travelled to see us Play Yeovil on a Tuesday night this season, I didn't get in until 02:45 and had work in 4 hours, no one complained then.

Basically people need to step back an understand peoples circumstances before coating them with this label, I love my team, rain or shine, if I can go I will go, I will hold my head high always. But some of these self righteous season ticket holders need to take a walk in my shoes for a season and see how difficult it can be to get to just 1 match, I would gladly walk in theirs and get to every home game.

Who's called you fair weather? As far as I can see this is a discussion about what could have been done and what's actually been done regarding tickets.

'For myself I'd of been gutted if after only missing a handful of games I couldnt get a ticket to doncaster due to day trippers and fair weather fans bombarding the stadium'

Not specifically but I'm sick of it, I keep reading it on Twitter and Facebook and then this came up and I've had enough, granted there are a few people who are jumping on the wagon but don't paint us all like that, we're not the only club doing it either, Liverpool fans are turning on their own too. I wanted tickets, I got none, I understand ST and Members get priority but I'm still gutted.

Who's called you fair weather? As far as I can see this is a discussion about what could have been done and what's actually been done regarding tickets.

I am 25, supported Leicester City all my life, grew up in Hampshire surrounded by United, Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, went to school on a Monday and took the grief I would no doubt get because 'Leicester are rubbish why support them' or if we'd lost that weekend, in fact I still get it now, but every non-school uniform day I wore my City shirt, in the playground I was always Steve Walsh, I watched the scores on Teletext, Skysports or whatever, no matter whether I am working, abroad on my honeymoon or in fact on the day of my wedding, when the first thing I asked after the ceremony was 'Are we still 0-1?' (QPR away this season, fair to say my wife wasn't impressed) I feel every high and low, I just don't get to do it surrounded by like minded people in the Stadium I call home, I cried when we lost to Stoke when we were relegated to League One, I cried like a baby after 'DEEEEENNNNNNEEEEYYYYYY!' last season, I shouted and screamed at Watford supporters this year when Knockaert scored against them away. I had a beer the Saturday we got promoted, I called my dad when we were crowned champions just to share it with someone who knows how it feels down here.

The point I'm making is that I love my football team, I mean fully 100% love them, I will defend them in every adversity, follow their journey wherever it is, and I do not appreciate this new fad of being called fair weather because I can't watch as many games as I'd like, For me its a 300+ mile round trip, with petrol, food, ticket, program etc to buy, It's also like your average away trip in terms of travel, so no I can't go week in week out, I want to, god I want to more than anything, I love being at the KP, singing my heart out watching my heroes, but I can't be. And now because of that I am referred to as elastic, Fair weather or whatever.....It's funny I don't remember anyone complaining when I Paid my money to watch a 2-2 draw with Carlisle in League One and a 1-0 victory against Leeds that same season, or the 0-0 Saturday evening game against Newcastle when Wellens got sent off after 20 minutes. I travelled to see us Play Yeovil on a Tuesday night this season, I didn't get in until 02:45 and had work in 4 hours, no one complained then.

I think you've taken it to heart too much, Clearly in your situation, nobody is calling you a "fair weather fan"

So not sure where this has come from??

The fact is, our average attendance is probably in the region of 23,000-24,000 this season??? Saturday we will have 32,000, 7,000 fans are coming from somewhere.. most have probably been a few times already this year... but nobody is directly calling you an arm chair fan, but it's a fact there will be plenty of them about saturday.

I have no doubt that there will be people who are only there because its the trophy game, and for me in my situation I was asking about tickets for this game months ago, because I wanted to come anyway, but the club success and popularity has somewhat stitched me up. I know no-one directly said it to me here, but I just think that people make generalising statements about people who cant make all the games, when some of us are just geographically impaired!

As for how the club should do tickets etc, with anyone's proposed ideas I still miss out, I am making it my goal to see us play in the premier league next season, I was only 15 the last time around and only saw us in pre season friendlies. So I guess i'll buy a membership, the discounts in shop etc are probably worth it anyway and if it means I am a little higher in the queue for tickets then brilliant.

It's an unfortunate truth that next season there will be a number of matches that are sold out, and there will be people there who are only going because of the stature of the opposition we're playing against and if the worst should happen and we're relegated (I don't think we will be) then those supporters wouldn't turn up to see us play on a wet Tuesday night at home to Wolves or whatever.

For those of you that have tickets, enjoy what will surely be an historic event, whether we win lose or draw the party will be amazing, I am gutted to be missing out on it, but will raise a bottled beer high above my head come full time to toast the lads who have helped to make the 2013-14 season brilliant.

I do find it a little strange how the tickets have been distributed for this game

I was only able to get one with my season ticket

Yet my mate who went two days ago with his away game ticket stubs managed to get 3!

I do find it a little strange how the tickets have been distributed for this game

I was only able to get one with my season ticket

Yet my mate who went two days ago with his away game ticket stubs managed to get 3!

The first day they went on ST sale they offered 2 tickets, the day after they offered only 1!

The first day they went on ST sale they offered 2 tickets, the day after they offered only 1!

I got 2 on the 2nd day.

'For myself I'd of been gutted if after only missing a handful of games I couldnt get a ticket to doncaster due to day trippers and fair weather fans bombarding the stadium'

Not specifically but I'm sick of it, I keep reading it on Twitter and Facebook and then this came up and I've had enough, granted there are a few people who are jumping on the wagon but don't paint us all like that, we're not the only club doing it either, Liverpool fans are turning on their own too. I wanted tickets, I got none, I understand ST and Members get priority but I'm still gutted.

The tickets are still on sale to people who have been to just two or three games... so not many are missing out who have been going down regularly.

Yes, there will be some fans who can't get to games because of location who are massive fans and want to come to this one off game. But again, I'm going to refer to memberships and say, if you are miles from Leicester and worried about missing out on a big game, get a membership just in case.

There seems to be a big assumption the ground will be full of Man United fans from Leicester jumping on the band wagon. When in reality they are most probably all city fans who don't go to loads of games for one reason or another. Are they any different to someone who says they can't get to games because of distance... but can get here for this game?

So I have seen on here quite alot recently how fans cannot get hold of tickets to the last few games, and are not season ticket holders, this can be frustrating,

This season I did not expect to make 10 games as I am busy on weekends, However I have managed to only miss a few in the end, and although it's cost me more its been worth it!!

I have friends who are season ticket holders which enabled me to guarantee my tickets for games due to the season ticket early bird window.

So why can the club not do this for non season ticket holders?

For myself I'd of been gutted if after only missing a handful of games I couldnt get a ticket to doncaster due to day trippers and fair weather fans bombarding the stadium.

So would it not manke sense to have 2 windows for early tickets?

Season ticket holders can buy extra tickets "x" amount of days before they go on general sale,

Then say 2-3 days before they go on general sale, those who have purchased 5-10 tickets online throughout the season get the chance to buy them a few days early too?

We have the best of both world then,

Season ticket holders get them early,

Those who have actually been to a game more than 5 times in a season get them early

Those who went to 1 game in the whole season have to wait for the general sale lottery.

Fair?

Frustrating to see one of my mates couldnt get a ticket even though he's been too around 11 games this season.

why didnt you get your mates who were season tickets to get you one?

I am not making an assumption that there will be United fans supporting City or anything like that, but there will be a minority who wouldn't have bothered if we weren't in the Premier League, at the end of the day, I guess if they pay their money and get there then who are we to argue, we'll just have to be better at getting tickets.

As for getting a membership, I think I probably will :)

I am not making an assumption that there will be United fans supporting City or anything like that, but there will be a minority who wouldn't have bothered if we weren't in the Premier League, at the end of the day, I guess if they pay their money and get there then who are we to argue, we'll just have to be better at getting tickets.

As for getting a membership, I think I probably will :)

Tickets are now on sale to anyone who has been to a single game this year... does that include you? If so get on the phone.

.......and you can still get a ticket today if you have a history of one purchase this year.

Archived