Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shakers

Bury - Tuesday

Chaps

Full details of the local watering holes here - I'd thoroughly recommend the Swan & Cemetry - very friendly and top scran available

Parking is local street parking, get there early.

Programme is not the bog standard carling cup effort, we do a full programme £2.50 (56 Pages)

Oh and one more thing, all those that remember the score board from Filbert street, when you get in the away end at La Stade de Gigg, look up - it's your old scoreboard.

Finally, see you on Tuesday, have a good trip up and prepare to be shaken (he says hopefully)

ps - Bury message board - www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum

Chaps

Full details of the local watering holes here - I'd thoroughly recommend the Swan & Cemetry - very friendly and top scran available

Parking is local street parking, get there early.

Programme is not the bog standard carling cup effort, we do a full programme £2.50 (56 Pages)

Oh and one more thing, all those that remember the score board from Filbert street, when you get in the away end at La Stade de Gigg, look up - it's your old scoreboard.

Finally, see you on Tuesday, have a good trip up and prepare to be shaken (he says hopefully)

ps - Bury message board - www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum

158616[/snapback]

Cheers for that, anyone else going except me?

long walk for bernie :D

I think it's the one before that disasterpiece.

You still getting the scoreflashes Shakers? I miss those.

158627[/snapback]

The score-flashes were quality, bring them back I say!

Same scoreboard!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Is that the same one where we shelled out a heck of a load of money under the understanding that it had the capability of showing replays etc :)

158625[/snapback]

Indeed we are. The computer that runs it died a week before the season started, we had to search for a new one, took us ages to find a computer SLOW enough, we got an old 386 from a second hand shop, works a treat now.

I do believe that Filbert Fox is still on the system, nobody knows how to delete it....

Bloody brilliant scoreboard! Love it! :D So much better and more eventful than the dull redduns we have now.

Katassi, Scowy and myself shall be attending the game :)

158678[/snapback]

As will I and my mate who lives nearby, lifelong Fox however ...hoozar!

Thanks indeed, as Cobbo says we will be there providing the coach arrives in time. The journey up there is a 'mare, its leaving at 2.30 for goodness sake! Heres to a good game  :)

158785[/snapback]

I'll be there and I wonder what the journey back will be like. I want to be back before 1 o clock :ermm::unsure:

I'll be there and I wonder what the journey back will be like. I want to be back before 1 o clock  :ermm:  :unsure:

158841[/snapback]

Shouldnt be too hideous on the way back, all being well, its on the way there you have to worry.

How many you think we'll take? I cant see much over 150  :ph34r:

158846[/snapback]

You could be right its midweek, its the first round of a cup and its a long way to go. Im only able to go as I have free evening and a spare tenner and Bury is not a ground I have been to yet.

On the topic of scorebords, why dont we have fancy tv screens at the Walkers Stadium. Being a new stadium i thought it would have come with a screen etc but nope, just some dull red letters!

On the topic of scorebords, why dont we have fancy tv screens at the Walkers Stadium. Being a new stadium i thought it would have come with a screen etc but nope, just some dull red letters!

159004[/snapback]

I don't think we have a spare £750,000.

159004[/snapback]

They cost money and we dont have any :(

They cost money and we dont have any  :(

159009[/snapback]

Understand that now, but when we built the stadium, we were in the Premiership and had a bit of money so surely they would have had it done then?

Not to bothered bout not having it, just wondering why we dont!

For king Kyle and anyone looking for digs we got a twin in the Village Hotel for £95. Apparently it's half a mile from the ground and very nice. Otherwise they'll probably be a B&B somewhere at a snip.

Understand that now, but when we built the stadium, we were in the Premiership and had a bit of money so surely they would have had it done then?

Not to bothered bout not having it, just wondering why we dont!

159047[/snapback]

Well I'm sure they could see the way we were going and decided to save the £750,000...

And we still went into admin, so it were a good decision, if they were actually considering it.

Archived