Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

Another expat here in CT. Travel to NYC quite often as my mother-in-law lives there, but have not been to the Football Factory yet. Hopefully I will get there in the new season.

We're gonna be massive next season! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living in Grand Rapids. I'm an American but my Mother is from Leicester. Check out PremierPunditry for a podcast made by North American based contributors about all PL teams. I am their Leicester contributor/blogger but we would definitely welcome another Leicester voice on the show/site. Message me if interested.

Living in Grand Rapids. I'm an American but my Mother is from Leicester. Check out PremierPunditry for a podcast made by North American based contributors about all PL teams. I am their Leicester contributor/blogger but we would definitely welcome another Leicester voice on the show/site. Message me if interested.

Listened to your Leicester season review pod from May, seems like you did a fine job. 

Thanks.  Link is here.

My pick for 'Most Underrated' was Wes Morgan, which I thought people might find controversial, but I can defend it!

I wouldn't disagree. he was a solid defender after being paired with Huth and Was. I think the argument could also be made for Kasper Schmeichel. He kept a lot of clean sheats down the stretch and came up with some huge saves that kept us in the game or preserved the win. I really hope we hold onto him (and not sell him this offseason).

Good morning fans,

I just found this forum and I'm glad to know there are more of us here in the US! I have been somewhat active in a few facebook groups over this last season and have many a friends from Leicester but only a few here in the US. I became a LCFC fan after the 2013/2014 season when NBCSN started to promote that they would be showing all EPL Games. I didn't have a reason NOT to find a team to support. So I went through the list of teams and decided right away I wasn't going to just be a fair weather fan of a big 6 team. We all have that friend that is Patriots fan here in the US and we don't like them... So! I looked at the teams and histories of some of the new teams and mid table teams. I decided on LCFC because of the fan base and history, on the choice of manager (Who doesn't love an outspoken coach? They thrive here in the US), and the fact that they were a team that had been in the top flight and fought their way back. But that being said, my name is Trevor and I'm glad I found a forum with new friends here in the States.

Good morning fans,

I just found this forum and I'm glad to know there are more of us here in the US! I have been somewhat active in a few facebook groups over this last season and have many a friends from Leicester but only a few here in the US. I became a LCFC fan after the 2013/2014 season when NBCSN started to promote that they would be showing all EPL Games. I didn't have a reason NOT to find a team to support. So I went through the list of teams and decided right away I wasn't going to just be a fair weather fan of a big 6 team. We all have that friend that is Patriots fan here in the US and we don't like them... So! I looked at the teams and histories of some of the new teams and mid table teams. I decided on LCFC because of the fan base and history, on the choice of manager (Who doesn't love an outspoken coach? They thrive here in the US), and the fact that they were a team that had been in the top flight and fought their way back. But that being said, my name is Trevor and I'm glad I found a forum with new friends here in the States.

Welcome, Trev! Get ready to hear lots of "Why do you support 'Lye-chester City?!" from tools wearing Chelsea shirts. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be more expensive to ship to the States than to Northern Ireland? Good idea though, I may do that at some point if the store doesn't add a stateside distributor.

I made two orders from LCFC Direct last season and each one was £14.95 to ship. Plus I got them quicker than most places that ship stuff to me in the US. 

Good morning fans,

Welcome, your reason for "picking" LCFC is pretty much the same as mine, and almost at the same timing. Glad to have you on board!

With the amount of Foxes scattered throughout the midwest, I wonder if a once-a-year get-together would be possible. 

I made two orders from LCFC Direct last season and each one was £14.95 to ship. Plus I got them quicker than most places that ship stuff to me in the US. 

I think I'm going to try this next time. I was trying to find stuff here in the states but it seems that the regular sites don't have the rights to those teams stuff yet...but they have all three of the regulated teams :pearson:

With the amount of Foxes scattered throughout the midwest, I wonder if a once-a-year get-together would be possible.

I would be interested but could probably only make it if it was in Milwaukee or Chicago (for this season least).
That man is a legend in my opinion. But I'm from Chicago and (barely) remember his great days here. His success helped get me into "soccer" when I was young, so would love it if he got the job... Hopefully the owners at least consider him.

To me that is a name that is just connected with US Soccer in general. I like him, but I know many UK fans would be hesitant. I'm sure it'll all sort itself out before the season starts. No point and getting so upset, which many seem to be... what are the 5 stages of grief again? :D

Edited by thpike

That's almost $24.00 though. That's just a lot for S&H, in my opinion. I totally understand why it's high, but it would be much easier if they had a US distributor. I just hope that in this upcoming season a couple of sites will get a little bit more in the way of team stuff.

I would be interested but could probably only make it if it was in Milwaukee or Chicago (for this season least).

That man is a legend in my opinion. But I'm from Chicago and (barely) remember his great days here. His success helped get me into "soccer" when I was young, so would love it if he got the job... Hopefully the owners at least consider him.

Milwaukee!  :thumbup:

That's almost $24.00 though. That's just a lot for S&H, in my opinion. I totally understand why it's high, but it would be much easier if they had a US distributor. I just hope that in this upcoming season a couple of sites will get a little bit more in the way of team stuff.

I'm hoping for it! I wanted to get a jersey last season but it just never materialized, we were planning on moving and just stuff got in the way. Hopefully this year will be better. I really do like the new kits. Puma has made some very eye catching jerseys in the last few years.

Update: I just moved into a new office today. I started a new job the beginning of May and I had an office that was kind of... make shift? Now I have a door and I need some foxes flair up! Any of you guys have anything good in your offices?

I know, it's not cheap, but depending on the weight/size of the package it's not all that bad. I ship stuff to Canada and it starts at around $8 (unless you're sending a letter) and goes up fast.

Stuff being available in the US would be ideal I agree, but I don't think the shipping is that bad for the service you get. Just have to order a lot to make it worthwhile.

So now they are all talking about Guus Hiddink... eh? I'm not really looking for any manager at this point. I don't think him leaving the Netherlands national team had anything to do with it...did you see their Euro Group? They should be running away with that group. Must be world cup hangover. I'm actually a fan of the Icelandic team. For once their fans are behind them, somewhat. I was there last fall for my honeymoon, AMAZING place by the way and you should go, and the Icelanders I spoke to didn't care so much because they team wasn't doing anything. They told me most of the players don't care either but it seems to be turning around.