Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

I've been perusing the /r/soccer reddit lately and it seems most PL fans think, after Rodgers of course, we'll sack Ranieri by mid season. But most of the professional betting sites see us a top 10 team :)lol

I've been perusing the /r/soccer reddit lately and it seems most PL fans think, after Rodgers of course, we'll sack Ranieri by mid season. But most of the professional betting sites see us a top 10 team :)lol

It could really go either way. To me it really depends on who we sign between now and then. If we don't improve the midfield, I could see us in a relegation battle again. If we get some strong midfielders I could see us as a strong mid-table team.  

That's what I feel. We need a CM and maybe a CB. Morgan won't start the first match or so for us. I can't see that happening. If they win the Gold Cup Final they still have to play the US again in a playoff right?

That's what I feel. We need a CM and maybe a CB. Morgan won't start the first match or so for us. I can't see that happening. If they win the Gold Cup Final they still have to play the US again in a playoff right?

Yeah the US will be in a playoff against the winner. From what I read this morning, it isn't going to be until the Fall though.

Any other central Iowa supporters?  I became a Leicester City fan at the beginning of last season.  Was still on the soccer itch after the world cup.  Didn't want to choose a top 6 team, so began researching the newers teams to the league.  Not really sure why I was drawn to Leicester, but really liked the history and the upward looking trend for the team.  The 5-3 win over United sealed my fandom forever, one of the most thrilling football matches I've ever seen. 

Any other folks in the Des Moines area, a good spot to watch games is the Royal Mile downtown.  They have DirecTV and will put on any game you request. The Keg Stand in West Des Moines also carries Premier League games, but it's an Arsenal bar first.  Glad to see there are other fans in the United States.  Haven't met any other ones yet in Iowa, but hoping to connect this way. So excited for the opener on August 8.

Any other central Iowa supporters?  I became a Leicester City fan at the beginning of last season.  Was still on the soccer itch after the world cup.  Didn't want to choose a top 6 team, so began researching the newers teams to the league.  Not really sure why I was drawn to Leicester, but really liked the history and the upward looking trend for the team.  The 5-3 win over United sealed my fandom forever, one of the most thrilling football matches I've ever seen. 

Any other folks in the Des Moines area, a good spot to watch games is the Royal Mile downtown.  They have DirecTV and will put on any game you request. The Keg Stand in West Des Moines also carries Premier League games, but it's an Arsenal bar first.  Glad to see there are other fans in the United States.  Haven't met any other ones yet in Iowa, but hoping to connect this way. So excited for the opener on August 8.

This is, essentially, my exact experience as well. Welcome!

This is, essentially, my exact experience as well. Welcome!

Me too. I wasn't really even into football at all before this year, now I am reading Of Fossils and Foxes every night and can't get enough!

Me too. I wasn't really even into football at all before this year, now I am reading Of Fossils and Foxes every night and can't get enough.

At the end of last season, I bought a throwback kit from the 11-12 season from Classic Football Shirts UK.  Just this past month, I ordered the new 15-16 kit from UK Soccer Shop with Vardy on the back.  Pretty much anywhere I've looked for apparel in the U.S. has come up empty.  Hoping World Soccer Shop gets some stock of Leicester kits for the new year.

They might not have the rights to sell them yet... that was the answer I got when I asked around the normal soccer sites here.

Hopefully if they get established as a top flight team for a couple years they can grow the American fan base and be able to sell more apparel over here. No fun waiting almost 2 weeks for a package and paying close to $25 in shipping.

Really? I was in Columbus this past weekend... wtf with their game?!? But Toronto did really turn it around so I give them props

Seeing rumors of Cambiasso to the Columbus Crew...

That is a made up rumour. Seriously. Started by a guy I know who is a huge Inter fan.

Really? I was in Columbus this past weekend... wtf with their game?!? But Toronto did really turn it around so I give them props.

Next time you are in Columbus let me know.

Edited by placidcasual

Not sure who else watches, but the Men in Blazers show returns this upcoming Monday!

The 2 Robbies will be on it too, so should be a good pre-season show. (They didn't get one last season. I think their first episode was after the 5-3.)

I hope they have an in memoriam for Nigel.

• Like 1