Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

I would think that if you have NBCSN, then your cable/satellite provider will also show the games on added PL channels. Is that not the case by you?

Sounds good! Looking forward to meeting you.

The way it works (for me) on Comcast is NBCSN usually has one of the 10am games on TV, and the rest can be watched from NBC Sports Live Extra (online). So i usually either stream it to my TV over chromecast, or if the signal is not great I'll just watch it on my laptop. 

Luckily, Leicester managed to be the 10am game a surprising number of occasions, especially down the stretch during the relegation battle. I'm not sure why they dont have more channels with the rest of the games, atleast that's the way it works for our other local sports teams when more than one is playing at the same time. If more than one Detroit team is playing on Fox Sports (Detroit) the other team will play on FSD+. If more than one team in the big ten is playing on BTN they have BTN2, BTN3, etc.

Still, I can't really complain. It is pretty awesome to be able to watch every premier league game throughout the season. 

Interesting. Optimum (Cablevision), DirecTV, and Time Warner in NY add additional channels to broadcast all of the games live if there are games that won't be shown on one of NBC's regular channels. We can still stream all of the games on Live Extra too.

Still, I can't really complain. It is pretty awesome to be able to watch every premier league game throughout the season.

Amen. :)

It is even more incredible when you compare it to, say, NFL Sunday Ticket, which I think costs $250 this season.

I have Optimum, and I get Premier League Extra Time as just a regular part of a sports channel add-on to my cable plan that costs $8.95/month, and gives me a bunch of other channels, too.

Edited by Jordan

Are you talking about the nbc team previews? the one with the scruffy looking fella in a pink jacket? 

That one was pretty dang brief and not much more than the obvious. Hopefully they (or someone) can give a more in depth season preview for leicester. 

No, not that. It was a preview show that aired last night right after the Men in Blazers with Rebecca Lowe and the 2 Robbies. I think they gave every team 90 seconds. Ended up being predictable though, they're all saying we're going down with the tinkerman. He's not the right man for the job, blah blah blah.

Robbie Earle predicted Southampton to go down last year though, and I think they recorded it before our two latest signings.

The way it works (for me) on Comcast is NBCSN usually has one of the 10am games on TV, and the rest can be watched from NBC Sports Live Extra (online). So i usually either stream it to my TV over chromecast, or if the signal is not great I'll just watch it on my laptop.

Do you have an HD cable box for Comcast? You're able to watch the games through that by going to OnDemand. It is usually a couple minutes delayed though compared to through streaming on a laptop or the app.

Most of the "pre season" articles from the standard news outlets have gone the "oh he's the tinkerman, this won't do well for LCFC." WTF is that? Other than being the easy way out of recording a segment on a lower table team.

No, not that. It was a preview show that aired last night right after the Men in Blazers with Rebecca Lowe and the 2 Robbies. I think they gave every team 90 seconds. Ended up being predictable though, they're all saying we're going down with the tinkerman. He's not the right man for the job, blah blah blah.

Robbie Earle predicted Southampton to go down last year though, and I think they recorded it before our two latest signings.

Do you have an HD cable box for Comcast? You're able to watch the games through that by going to OnDemand. It is usually a couple minutes delayed though compared to through streaming on a laptop or the app.

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. The stream on live extra is always a few minutes behind the TV anyway, so i just know not to check my phone during the games. 

Thanks! I'll have to check that out. The stream on live extra is always a few minutes behind the TV anyway, so i just know not to check my phone during the games. 

It'll always be a couple minutes behind. And you need to be ready to select/open it up about 10 minutes before it starts. If you open it up right as it starts, it'll then be 10+ minutes late. If you open it up before, it'll run for 2 minutes saying something like "broadcast of this program will begin shortly". Sometimes if you time it right, from that it'll go directly into the game, but sometimes it won't even if you time it right.

So what I do is have the game open on the app (or laptop) - which will display the "broadcast of this program will begin shortly" or whatever - and have ready on the TV the OnDemand selection of the game (from the main menu go to sports, go to "HD" then "Sports" and then "Premier League" should be there). Then as soon as it starts on the app, open it up on the TV.

It'll always be a couple minutes behind. And you need to be ready to select/open it up about 10 minutes before it starts. If you open it up right as it starts, it'll then be 10+ minutes late. If you open it up before, it'll run for 2 minutes saying something like "broadcast of this program will begin shortly". Sometimes if you time it right, from that it'll go directly into the game, but sometimes it won't even if you time it right.

So what I do is have the game open on the app (or laptop) - which will display the "broadcast of this program will begin shortly" or whatever - and have ready on the TV the OnDemand selection of the game (from the main menu go to sports, go to "HD" then "Sports" and then "Premier League" should be there). Then as soon as it starts on the app, open it up on the TV.

Perfect, i'll try that. 

Ah, we got these very extended highlights for this Match of the Week thing (seriously, 33 minutes in and they only skipped like 2 minutes so far). NBC, you are forgiven for putting us second to last on MOTD.

Leicester City fans and twins Jordan and Jason Becker are feeling the confidence over in New York.

Jordan, who maintains the New York Foxes Facebook and Twitter accounts, said: "I would love to see City build on last season and aim for the top 10.

"I think by the time the transfer windowicon1.png ends, City will be a stronger team than last season."

Jason said: "I hope that the club can build off the successes from the end of last season.

"So far Ranieri is saying all of the right things and I think he can succeed at the King Power.

"I also expect that we'll see great things from a confident Jamie Vardy, a full season for Riyad Mahrez, and N'Golo Kante."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Mood-quite-confidence-King-Power-Stadium-new/story-27564565-detail/story.html#ixzz3iQj5GZzU 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

• Like 2

FOX and ESPN would have too much competition during the season to make it viable. They would either piss off a bunch of college football fans or piss off a bunch of premier league fans. Why even? Best possible solution and NBC does a damn fine job.

• Like 1

FOX and ESPN would have too much competition during the season to make it viable. They would either piss off a bunch of college football fans or piss off a bunch of premier league fans. Why even? Best possible solution and NBC does a damn fine job.

Agree completely. Plus NBC can take advantage of all their channels, especially showing all the games during the final day live.

Also:

“NBC Sports has done a fantastic job broadcasting the Barclays Premier League for the last two seasons and we are extremely pleased that they have invested in our U.S. rights for seasons 2016-17 to 2021-22,” said Premier League Executive Chairman Richard Scudamore.Outstanding production, expert analysis, and wide audience reach have all been beyond expectations. First-rate creative marketing and promotional campaigns have driven interest in our clubs, and the competition as a whole, to unprecedented levels..."

West Ham v Leicester is gonna be on USA next week.