Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

St Ledger: FFP is killing players

Maybe he and his agents are over-estimating their worth?

I don't know if he was injured but the guy hardly played for you last season so clubs probably be willing to pay the money he expects.

Anyway FFP hasn't stopped the big boys around Europe spending.

Maybe he and his agents are over-estimating their worth?

I don't know if he was injured but the guy hardly played for you last season so clubs probably be willing to pay the money he expects.

Anyway FFP hasn't stopped the big boys around Europe spending.

He was injured for most of the season, I don't think he played more than 5 games for us last year. Then it seemed like he was clubbing all over the world.

I'm no doctor but I doubt drinking alcohol whilst injured is going to increase your rate of recovery. Maybe in the end Pearson didn't care what he was doing or where he was as he knew he was out of contract this summer anyway.

It's working on players like St Ledger - but clearly not working on clubs like Man City & PSG who continue to spend absolutely millions.

The authorities will let it go when it comes to the top clubs. The top clubs buy the big names, create the hype and maintain the viewing figures. That's how I see it.

To be fair Man City did get a fine and a transfer cap. Their owners are just so wealthy they don't care. I don't see the problem with that. As long as owners are willing to properly bankroll debt at their own risk then that should be allowed. FFP should be about protecting vulnerable clubs not preventing safe investment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived