Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vardy's strike partner

It's become apparent that you are clueless about football.

It's apparent you have blue tinted spectacles. GTF is only a good player on FOxesTalk.

He is a laughing stock elsewhere. And you will say it's how he looks right? Wrong.

There wouldn't be a single championship club that would be happy if there team signed him I don't believe.

People don't like Taylor-Fletcher because he's fat. He is a good player technically. If he was built like Chris Wood (who I don't think I've ever actually seen sprint either) then people wouldn't have this much of an issue with him

It's apparent you have blue tinted spectacles. GTF is only a good player on FOxesTalk.

He is a laughing stock elsewhere. And you will say it's how he looks right? Wrong.

There wouldn't be a single championship club that would be happy if there team signed him I don't believe.

I don't remember anyone on this board being happy that we signed him either, until we saw him play and realised that on a free, for a low wage, coming off the bench he can be a real asset.

I don't remember anyone on this board being happy that we signed him either, until we saw him play and realised that on a free, for a low wage, coming off the bench he can be a real asset.

In what game has he been a real asset? I must have missed it?

Just going off the collective stats of this board alone he got 22 points in the MOTM voting including one win, one second and one third place. Must've done alright in those, no?

There's probably a lot more too where he's come off the bench and done his job really well.

Am I the only one who thinks that actually Vardy may initially struggle?

He struggled adapting from the Conference to the Championship in his 1st season and the step up from Championship to Premier is another huge step and I think he may well take sometime to adjust.

We cant afford to wait for him to find his feet so personally I think Ulloa and another (possibly Deeney) may well be our starting Strikers with Vardy being introduced slowly.

Maybe wrong and he may well continue his excellent form from last season but I don't think its as certain as some are making out.

Pathetic.

I'd play 11 different positions for leicester and for nothing. I'd have the best attitude in the world. That cannot be a reason against such big short falls in ability. Pointless slot in the squad.

His only short fall is his pace and athletic ability. He has more technical ability than most of the players in our squad.

Am I the only one who thinks that actually Vardy may initially struggle?

He struggled adapting from the Conference to the Championship in his 1st season and the step up from Championship to Premier is another huge step and I think he may well take sometime to adjust.

We cant afford to wait for him to find his feet so personally I think Ulloa and another (possibly Deeney) may well be our starting Strikers with Vardy being introduced slowly.

Maybe wrong and he may well continue his excellent form from last season but I don't think its as certain as some are making out.

The step up from Conference to Championship is much bigger than from Championship to Prem.

The Top 6 Championship sides are of a similar quality as the bottom half of the Premier League.

If Vardy is going to struggle then I fear the worse for other players in our team.

Vardy has one attribute that defenders cannot cope with and that is his lighetning pace. However he is a confidence player and if he hits the ground running and scores a few vital goals early on the season he will be one of our best players again next season. if he misses some chances that cost us games then it could be a different story, it will be down to him to bounce back from it.

However after watching him yesterday against Everton he looks a real nuisance to defend against and will be our main threat going forward next season.

Everyone obsessed with a single formation and a single 11. We need variation and tactics per game and subs will be the key

Ulloah as a targert man in the box well supported from the wings (Mahrez and Albrighton)

Vardy for the counter on his lightning runs well supported from the miiddle of the párk with pinpoint passing (Knocky, Drinky)

Nuge as a mix of these two styles 

attacking formation : 2 up front Ulloah and Nuge (or even Wood Sub) playing off him

defensive formation : 1 up front Vardy or Ulloah or Nuge gives us two options running at the goal, either would sub the other

to be honest I think Ulloah complements Nuge and Vardy very well and we will do well in front of goal if the ball get´s there

Our season will be defined in mid-field both defensively and attacking

Drinky, Mahrez, Albrighton have to shine and shine strong

Pathetic.

I'd play 11 different positions for leicester and for nothing. I'd have the best attitude in the world. That cannot be a reason against such big short falls in ability. Pointless slot in the squad.

Ability? His touch, ball striking and vision make him one of the most technically able in the squad.

Easy!

It's a complete no brainer IMO

Nugent

Compliment each other very well, the other 9 players, so the team as a whole, benefit enormously from their combined workrate.

Additionally, Nugent can drop deeper in a 4411 to help stop the midfield duo being outnumbered so  much, like in the Watford playoff semis

Most teams seem to play a 4231, where the fullback bomb forward as wingers, leaving the defensive 4 to be the 2CBs & the 2 CDMs,

Nugent will help stop those 4 having so much time on the ball, if not we'll be picked to pieces by deep midfielders picking long passes out to pacey forwards.

I'd play Ulloa against Pullis and Big Sam's teams though

We kept GTF for his attitude, its clearly in the right place. On one of the recent foxes player interviews he stated one of his skills is that he can be used in 3 positions, usually players don't like not been in their primary position but this guy is actively stating he is willing to do it. So good footballing brain, good positional sense and good attitude. Also I dont recall any injury problems with him either.

We kept GTF because GTF exercised the option in his contract to stay a further 12m

Whether we'd have kept him anyway, I don't know.

He's done an okay job for us IMO and is a worthy squad player

I think we'd start with Ulloa and Nugent. I can imagine Vardy coming on in the second half to run at tired defenders, similar to how Knockaert and Dyer were used at times last season.

Also, just because a player doesn't get in the starting 11 immediately, it doesn't mean he's been written off. Vardy will start games, I just don't think he'll start the first few.

Nugent has excellent link up play with Vardy and Wood, I'd imagine he would work just as well with Ulloa.

Archived