Guest Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 After today's game (yes I know it's just a pre-season game in a hot country) I think we need to forget the Ulloa strike partner thread and build our attack around the pace, skill and unselfishness of Jamie Vardy. He was electric. So who'd be best to start up front with him?
Guest Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 yep, lets write Ulloa off already ... Where did I say that? Fool. You could have said Ulloa as the partner ....duh!!!
Guest Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Got to be Nugent!!!... Best offside goal of the pre-season so far.
The Horse's Mouth Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 I don't think Ulloa will be a starter first game anyway, Think he'll get the treatment Knockaert got early last season.
Bryn Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Where did he play second half? Radio made it sound like he went wide, could see him featuring there.
AdamN Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 I honestly have no idea and it's doing my head in. I don't envy Nige's job of picking the team on day one!
GingerrrFox Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Vardy has to play through the middle as an out and out striker. His pace frightens opposition centre backs, he always offers the threat of running in behind and he constantly puts in a shift to pressure the opposition to make a mistake.
Fox92 Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Ulloa. Not that I'm basing that on anything in a Leicester City shirt, I just think in the Premier League it will be important to hold up the ball and Ulloa brings that, as well as the fact he will give us the option of an ariel threat. Vardy's pace is obviously electric, we all know that, and for that reason I think we'll see him feature out wide in some games - especially away games and games against the stronger teams - Chelsea, United, Liverpool etc.
jammie82uk Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 I don't think Ulloa will be a starter first game anyway, Think he'll get the treatment Knockaert got early last season. Really? I don't see him playing in the under 21's myself I reckon he will start the game
fox123 Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Any coincidence Vardys game improved since Kevin Phillips arrived? One of Nigel Pearsons shrewdest moves I feel. With the ability to pick out a pass like Mahrez does, Vardy for me has to start on 16th August.
Finnaldo Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 A price tag shouldn't dictate the starting line-up and Nige will be well aware of that, though I feel that a man like Ulloa up with Vardy to bring balls down and in to the danger area so he can cause the damage will be vital, with Leo also able to finish chances when he needs to. Could be a very dangerous partnership if it takes off.
dorsetboy Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 tough one to call as ulloa looked decent i thought i would possibly consider 4-2-2-2 ----------------------kasper------------------------- de laet------wes------------moore---------schlupp --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------james---drinks-------------------- -------------------------------------------------------- allbrighton-------------------------mahrez------- ------------------------------------------------------- ----------ulloa-----------vardy--------------------- and if we need a bit more during the game for pressure go 4-1-2-1-2 bringing on knockeart as a cam to replace james/drinkwater i like the look of that to start with but not sure nigel would do it ---------------------------kasper--------------------- de laet------------wes------------moore----------jeff ----------------------------drinks-------------------- allbrighton------------------------------mahrez---- -----------------------knockeart------------------------ ---------------vardy---------------ulloa-----------------
Kitchandro Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Like most have said Vardy has to start, he was arguably our best player last season and his game is about far more than just scoring. Nugent will have to improve on last season to keep his place.
Fox92 Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Any coincidence Vardys game improved since Kevin Phillips arrived? One of Nigel Pearsons shrewdest moves I feel. With the ability to pick out a pass like Mahrez does, Vardy for me has to start on 16th August. He had improved prior to Phillips arriving. Whether Vardy has enhanced even more, I'll wait and see, but I think part of him improving is down to Nugent as well.
ealingfox Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Real headache here. They say it's a good problem to have but I don't fully agree. Honestly don't know how I'd pick our forward line at the moment. To be fair we don't even know if we'll be going with 2 up top for definite, especially in away games. Ulloa and Vardy - harsh on Nugent who is one of our main creative outlets, but probably would be most effective considering our midfield. Vardy and Nugent - can't think we've signed Ulloa for the bench, and we will need someone with actual aerial ability. Ulloa and Nugent - Well we can't leave Vardy out can we? Pretty much essential to the way we play.
Finnaldo Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 Real headache here. They say it's a good problem to have but I don't fully agree. Honestly don't know how I'd pick our forward line at the moment. To be fair we don't even know if we'll be going with 2 up top for definite, especially in away games. Ulloa and Vardy - harsh on Nugent who is one of our main creative outlets, but probably would be most effective considering our midfield. Vardy and Nugent - can't think we've signed Ulloa for the bench, and we will need someone with actual aerial ability. Ulloa and Nugent - Well we can't leave Vardy out can we? Pretty much essential to the way we play. As it is, I'd Say Ulloa and Vardy starting with Nuge used as an impact sub.
ImBlue Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 GTF. He knows where the net is and has bags of experience.
Guest Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 GTF. He knows where the net is and has bags of pies. fixed
ImBlue Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 He brings all the premier league know how. From getting relegated in his only season in it.
Haydos Posted 27 July 2014 Posted 27 July 2014 I would like and think that Nugent and Vardy will start the first game. They're a great partnership.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.