Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Your first game

unfortunately...... Harlow Town in the 79/80 season although i barely remember it being about 9 at the time - 1-1 draw and we all know what happened next. Although I note the season did end in promotion not because I remember but because i just had to look up the date in wiki :-)  Next game was some years later 4-4 vs Palace but can't remember the year - I do recall my mum accidentally got tickets us into the away end of the old tin roof East stand - Not much fun with all the goals going in. seem to recall we were 4-0 down at half time so she got us moved! :-)

mine was 1968/69 I think, can't remember who against, but can still picture being sat in the double decker and thinking how strange it was to watch the game from behind the goal, and not be watching it side on like on the telly(black & white )

.....I was about 5

Boxing Day 1991 vs brighton. we won 2-1 i think. sat with my dad upper tier of double decker, right behind one of the roof sanctions. i was 6 and remember the day like it was yesterday. went on to be a STH from around 1994. The "glory" days!

Archived