Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Your first game

I'm sure mine was when Liverpool beat us at Filbert Street in the 95/96 season. 3-0 was the score line. Patrik Berger came off the bench to score twice, sure Michael Thomas scored the other.

94/95 ;)

Leicester City 2-2 Wolves in 1993. Iwan Roberts' debut, scored twice in the second half to level after Steve Bull had scored a couple for them in the first.

Great game, instant hero, he should have had a hat-trick too, he spooned the easiest chance over the bar from about 6 yards.

Mine was a 4-0 home win vs Man City March 1987 remember their red & black chessboard kit. Ramsey & McAllister scored. Both teams ended up going down that season.

23rd March 1963 versus Tottenham Hotspur at Filbert Street. Drew 2-2.

That was when each half lasted 45 minutes exactly and just about all games finished at 4.40 on a Saturday. That game Jimmy Greaves scored after 45 minutes and ONE second, the referee blew up as he took his shot and disallowed the goal! Greaves just accepted the decision and the players all walked off (that's my only memory of the game) Discounting Leicester players, Jimmy Greaves was my favourite player in the early 60's - the man was gifted.

I hate that I don't know what my first Leicester match was... Probably a bit of Family Night Football (them was them days them), it was almost certainly freezing and foggy. All my early memories of matches at Filbo were it being freezing and if it wasn't foggy there was a pillar right in front of me

First football match was Peterborough vs York, 1990 or 1991, vaguely remember Peterborough winning 2-1. I was only 4 and had no interest in either team but it was a good day out

Guest LCFC_World

Ha! I bet you have a season ticket for this season as well don't you

Haha I was joking! ;) I wish that was my first game! Wouldn't have been through the stress of supporting Leicester over the years!

Leicester beating Bristol City 3-0 in the fa cup in 2001 under Peter Taylor, sat in the old Filbert Street End. That was my only visit to Filbert Street, first game i seen at the walkers was Leicester beating Palace 1-0 in a promotion season of the 2002-03 season.

I'm pretty sure mine was against arsenal in the prem away at highbury. We got whacked 6-1 but I was young so don't really remember it. The first game I remember was in the first season at the walkers against Grimsby town in the cup, we won 2-1 and dickov scored. The one and only time I've sat in the west stand. Never again!

Archived