Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Your first game

Our centenary game against Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen side. Willie Miller scored for them, some young sub called Lineker came on and got our equaliser.
After the game I remember my dad shielding me from the running fist fights between the 'fans'! I guess it was 1984 and the bad old days in that respect. 

Guest MattP

Leicester City 2-2 Wolves in 1993. Iwan Roberts' debut, scored twice in the second half to level after Steve Bull had scored a couple for them in the first.

Great game that was. Atmosphere was superb, Wolves brought a shitload here from memory.

Mine was Wolves at home as well in a 0-0 draw, think it was 87-88 season.

Jan/Feb 94 beating Charlton 2-1. My one and only time in the pens aged 8. That was the Derby playoff final season. Only 12k there as well.

Interestingly enough (maybe) my second game was a year later v Everton where we drew 2-2 (the only time I'd seen Everton play before Saturday) Ferguson got sent off and it was the same day Man Utd beat Ipswich 9-0

Mid 1950s v Spurs big attraction was a very young 'wonder player' Jimmy Greaves was playing can't remember the score but I do remember going on the Midland Red bus from Husbands Bosworth and the driver dropping us off on Welford road and saying he wouldn't go to Bosworth after the match without us. I must have been about 11/12 and in charge of me younger brother.

2003 V Birmingham lost 2 nil and both Elliot and Walker got sent off.

And Adams got sent to the stand that day.

Still makes me laugh seeing Walker come all that way and just dive on the ball.

I'm pretty sure mine was against arsenal in the prem away at highbury. We got whacked 6-1 but I was young so don't really remember it. The first game I remember was in the first season at the walkers against Grimsby town in the cup, we won 2-1 and dickov scored. The one and only time I've sat in the west stand. Never again!

I remember that one. Henry, Bergkamp, Vieria and co absolutely smashed us apart. One of the coldest i've ever been at a football ground on the back row of the away end at Highbury.

Don't remember my first home game, but it was about 1998. First away was about '99 losing to Grimsby away.

Absolutely no idea. My Mum and Dad were both season ticket holders and took me along as soon as I was old enough, probably 73/74 or 74/75 season. I would have been around 5 or 6 at the time.

According to my dad my first game was Leeds at home, opening game of the season, when Rio Ferdinand was still playing for them. Apparently it finished 3-1 to us. No idea what season it was though, 1999/2000??

The first game I can remember is a 2-0 home defeat to reading in the 04/05 season. I was only 7 at the time, I cried when both goals went in. lol

The first game I can remember is a 2-0 home defeat to reading in the 04/05 season. I was only 7 at the time, I cried when both goals went in. lol

well you must only be 2 or 3 years older than me then, my first game was derby in 2004/05 and i was either 4 or 5

Archived