Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Rule!

Ticket Prices - rip off

The current ticket prices at Leicester are a total joke! I am happy that the season ticket I got was only £160 as that is value to money and is around 8 games at Leicester's prices.

I would love to protest to get the ticket prices dropped in some way in an effort to attract more supporters which in turn could improve the teams morale.

There has got to be some way to protest about the high ticket prices ! Any suggestions?

I would rather see 32,000 than 20,000. Dropping the prices by £5 but gaining 10,000 more fans would earn more money for the club! Hiowever, season ticket holders would miss out!

There should be an offer such as you get 75% ticket prices with a season ticket and then the season ticket holder could make some money via it but that does seem farfetched.

Any ideas to get the prices down!

Reducing the wage bill, not signing players with transfer fees, and playing better football to get the crowds in?

162592[/snapback]

Start with the last one and the rest won't matter.

Is it just me or is this ticket malarkey getting boring?

Start with the last one and the rest won't matter.

Is it just me or is this ticket malarkey getting boring?

162684[/snapback]

Even I'm getting bored with it now, if you don't like the prices then don't go. Simple as that. Nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket. We all know that matchday prices are a rip off, but the club isn't going to do anything about it for this season at least. If you vote with your feet like most people are doing the club should hopefully realise the errors of their way and adjust their price structure for next season. Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Also agree now.

how it stands for this season.

Season Ticket holders have an excessive discount this year.

Club make up the shortfall in matchday tickets. (prices are not for players its for ST shortfall lisa)

The club doesnt care for casual or not well of fans.

I expect unless we suddenly win 10 home games on the trot and goto the top of the league attendances wont go up a great deal and the club will learn their lesson next year with seasont tickets going up 15% and matchday prices going down 15%, so it gets evened out.

this is more an end of season discussion

there is little you can do now as people have season tickets and it's hard to do anything without someone losing out

but i agree, look at sheff wed, drop prices and they get in a hell of a lot of fans week in week out, even after double relegation. Prices should start low and increase as we do better, not stay at a high prices and wait for success before further increasing them.

Surely the club could get in contact with financial advisors at other clubs to see how best to profit the cluband have big attendances

I went to watch the city 6 times last year all with free tickets given to me and all apart from the leeds game i even felt ripped off lol.

I reckon the club should PAY the fans to go and watch um.

Im no way paying nearly 70-80 quid to take myself and 2 kids to watch the city and to come home pissed of yet again because weve lost and played shite against teams we should be beating with ease.

All i hear is "Keep the Faith"

For how long am i going to have to hear this ?

I went to watch the city 6 times last year all with free tickets given to me and all apart from the leeds game i even felt ripped off lol.

I reckon the club should PAY the fans to go and watch um.

Im no way paying nearly 70-80 quid to take myself and 2 kids to watch the city and to come home pissed of yet again because weve lost and played shite against teams we should be beating with ease.

All i hear is "Keep the Faith"

For how long am i going to have to hear this ?

162883[/snapback]

Well the club will go a long way with your support - 6 games all with free tickets

What were we saying the other night about fans wanting something for nothing?

So have you spent even £1 at the club in the last year then?

Keep the Faith went out with Adams departure, so were all your 6 games pre Craig then?

I would rather see 32,000 than 20,000. Dropping the prices by £5 but gaining 10,000 more fans would earn more money for the club! Hiowever, season ticket holders would miss out!

162584[/snapback]

£5 down will not gain 10,000 fans - look at last years Fans Fixtures, it seemed to add on average about 4,000 max to the attendance

Club make up the shortfall in matchday tickets. (prices are not for players its for ST shortfall lisa)

The club doesnt care for casual or not well of fans.

I expect unless we suddenly win 10 home games on the trot and goto the top of the league attendances wont go up a great deal and the club will learn their lesson next year with seasont tickets going up 15% and matchday prices going down 15%, so it gets evened out.

162717[/snapback]

This season ST prices didn't fall, a 5% reward for loyalty isn't unreasonable, the 10% early bird provided the good value, but the club had reasons for requiring as much money as possible early this summer.

Match tickets did not go up to compensate either, those prices are unchanged with the membership scheme or just the fact less games will be rated grade A providing savings

They won't put ST prices up 15% if we don't go up. If you mean remove the early bird discount - would doubt that as the club needs cash coming on as early as possible each summer to enable the football manager to get a clear picture of what money he has available

We will discuss next years pricing with them closer to the time

like i say i really think it would be a good thing to get in contact with other clubs like sheff wed about how they have financially supported the fans loyalty and how they have attracted such big crowds i.e. offers/discounts etc before next seasons prices are decided. If anything it would prove to us that the club are looking for a beneficial method for both the club and the fans.

The current prices are average in the league, not as bad as a few but not as good as others, at the end of the day some people just cannot afford match tickets separately every chance they are off work or free, it would be the case however little the prices were, but i do think a little more could be done in terms of attracting the bigger crowds that we can.

like i say i really think it would be a good thing to get in contact with other clubs like sheff wed about how they have financially supported the fans loyalty and how they have attracted such big crowds i.e. offers/discounts etc before next seasons prices are decided. If anything it would prove to us that the club are looking for a beneficial method for both the club and the fans.

162981[/snapback]

Comparing one clubs packages to another can be quite difficult due to variations in stuff included, cup games, yes/no etc.

We are trying to track what's on offer, but if anybody would be willing to spend some time compiling comprehensive ST & match day price details then please e-mail [email protected]

We do have a copy of the FSF survey with data collected in Oct 04 on last seasons match prices, on this Sheff Weds prices in League 1 read:

Adult £15-£22

All Concessions: £9-£11

Away Fans Adult £19 Concessions: £11

Home prices + £1 if purchased on match day

£5 down will not gain 10,000 fans - look at last years Fans Fixtures, it seemed to add on average about 4,000 max to the attendance

162948[/snapback]

Please stop using that argument, fans fixtures against less attractive opponents is not a fair measure of price drop effectiveness.

Quote from you in another post

"As Lisa said the Fans Fixtures are always for the least attractive oppenants, otherwise it could be a very poor crowd.

The better teams will obviously overall attract more, so can't see that you logic will be applied. The better teams could get down graded from A to B games but not Fans Fixtures"

So here you confirm at normal price their would be significantly lower attendance, I will assume 3000 less.

Now add the 4000 gain you just said thats a 7k gain. I know you will argue this.

So will take this step by step for you again.

Attendance Grade A game good opposition 20000 - confirmed vs ipswich

Attendance Fans Fixture poor opposition 24000 - confirmed in your above post +4k logic

Predicted Attendance Grade A game poor opposition 17000 - assumed -3k would attend on same price as ipswich

Predicted Attendance Fans Fixture good opposition 27000 - based on my logic that fans fixture add 7k matchday sales

162717[/snapback]

So why do they need to cover a shortfall in ST revenue then? So the directors can line their own pockets, or is to cover the outgoings they already have i.e. players wages etc?

So why do they need to cover a shortfall in ST revenue then?  So the directors can line their own pockets, or is to cover the outgoings they already have i.e. players wages etc?

163186[/snapback]

Obviously for the outgoings unless something dodgy happening like at cardiff.

But it wouldnt need to have been so high if there wasnt so many ST discounts so dont try and twist it.

Please stop using that argument, fans fixtures against less attractive opponents is not a fair measure of price drop effectiveness.

Quote from you in another post

"As Lisa said the Fans Fixtures are always for the least attractive oppenants, otherwise it could be a very poor crowd.

The better teams will obviously overall attract more, so can't see that you logic will be applied. The better teams could get down graded from A to B games but not Fans Fixtures"

So here you confirm at normal price their would be significantly lower attendance, I will assume 3000 less.

Now add the 4000 gain you just said thats a 7k gain.  I know you will argue this.

So will take this step by step for you again.

Attendance Grade A game good opposition 20000 - confirmed vs ipswich

Attendance Fans Fixture poor opposition 24000 - confirmed in your above post +4k logic

Predicted Attendance Grade A game poor opposition 17000 - assumed -3k would attend on same price as ipswich

Predicted Attendance Fans Fixture good opposition 27000 - based on my logic that fans fixture add 7k matchday sales

163142[/snapback]

Got to debate some of this logic.

Can agree on the average last season of 4,000+ for Fans Fixtures, but where does the 3,000 difference (hence total of 7,000) come from?

So far Stoke grade B = 20,519, Ipswich grade A = 21,879. There would be a mid-week factor in all this, but can't see that derived a 3,000 answer.

Poor opposition grade A will never happen - because its poor opposition

27,000 was the crowd for a Fans Fixture, poor opposition last season. 27,000 was also the crowd for a grade A game against Forest.

We will only know the true answer to this once the first Fans Fixture is played & the peformances between now & then have a big influence on the answer

Got to debate some of this logic.

Can agree on the average last season of 4,000+ for Fans Fixtures, but where does the 3,000 difference (hence total of 7,000) come from?

So far Stoke grade B = 20,519, Ipswich grade A = 21,879. There would be a mid-week factor in all this, but can't see that derived a 3,000 answer.

Poor opposition grade A will never happen - because its poor opposition

27,000 was the crowd for a Fans Fixture, poor opposition last season. 27,000 was also the crowd for a grade A game against Forest.

We will only know the true answer to this once the first Fans Fixture is played & the peformances between now & then have a big influence on the answer

163621[/snapback]

For me the debating has ran its course now, it will be likely I can attend one game with my own money but will be a fans fixture, I will try to goto 3 or more away games and maybe a higher grade game at home as a birthday present next year.

Obviously for the outgoings unless something dodgy happening like at cardiff.

But it wouldnt need to have been so high if there wasnt so many ST discounts so dont try and twist it.

163464[/snapback]

Hold on a mo.

I don't see how my discounted season ticket is only allowing you to go to one home fixture this season.

Maybe ST holders should adopt a fan next year and instead of receiving a discount, we can take our new found friend to an extra game. Not as exciting as adopting a penguin I know but it could work.

Archived