Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 0-0 Sunderland - Results & Man of the Match

Thought cambiasso looked able to cope and managed to win the ball off their players several times and made interceptions too. You seem to have a bit of an agenda.

No agenda. Unlike others, who had promoted him to God's gift before he'd kicked a ball for us, I said I'd wait and see. And you could be right. I think he's been ok. Just ok. But the midfield just doesn't feel right and I can't quite explain or define it. To have Drinkwater become what appears a shadow of the player he was last season, just feels wrong. Remember how he completely ran midfields last season? On Saturday..benched. I can't explain what I mean (unusual for me) but defensively, the midfield isn't good, and going forward, even worse. We'll see how it pans out.

... it all? 

nah it says why the ****ing hell does pearson not play him all the time the brain dead twat

I suppose it is all about opinions but you have some incredibly strange ones, So Pearson is a brain dead t*** is he,totally discredits anything you have to say

I suppose it is all about opinions but you have some incredibly strange ones, So Pearson is a brain dead t*** is he,totally discredits anything you have to say

Quite scary that so many can,t see how good Mahrez is. Could see him in a quality prem team, but no other leicester player.James was excellent second half but below average in the first.

For me, what Cambiasso is good at (talking, making some good passes, tackling) doesn't make up for what he's bad at (not tracking back quickly enough). Liverpool are having the same problem currently with Gerrard. Its costing them. I don't know, all sentiment and hope aside, if its costing us too.

All world class players reach the point in their career where they no longer continue to have the same impact on the game. I think Cambi may be having the exact problem I thought he may have. He's not lost his class ON the ball, but OFF it I think the pace of the Prem may be too quick for him.

Sadly, I agree.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755419/player-stats/103025/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Mahrez' contribution graphic. Compare it against Schlupp and it's like you're comparing a winger against a full back. Easy for Konchesky to look good when there's two of them playing in the same position.

Mahrez receives the ball in dangerous positions and attempts to create even more threatening situations. Schlupp receives the ball near the half way line and more often than not makes an easy pass that gets the team nowhere. That's when he gets the ball at all, 12 passes all match is a pretty sure fire sign of a player trying to hide.

Agree with this... I like Schlupp but I think he needs to play left back rather than left mid, its completely lopsided because most of our successful attacks come from the right, we need to give a decent winger a go on the left to help balance our attacking.

I also think having Vardy up front at the minute isn't working... I like Vards but he just hasn't got the ability to keep the ball and pick a decent pass like Ulloa has. I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 in play, Ulloa would be magic in that set up.

Had to have a chuckle when I keep reading that mahrez was lazy yet he covered the second most amount of ground on Saturday out of all the 22 who started behind Matty james

It's just one of those myths people believe in because he comes across as your typical foreign FLAIR player. Granted, that statistic surprises me but I don't believe he's particularly lazy.

Agree with this... I like Schlupp but I think he needs to play left back rather than left mid, its completely lopsided because most of our successful attacks come from the right, we need to give a decent winger a go on the left to help balance our attacking.

I also think having Vardy up front at the minute isn't working... I like Vards but he just hasn't got the ability to keep the ball and pick a decent pass like Ulloa has. I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 in play, Ulloa would be magic in that set up.

Still wonder if it's worth shifting Mahrez to the left (like he does for Algeria), Schlupp at left back and Albrighton or Knockaert on the right.

I just cannot believe Albrighton can be worse than Schlupp.

It's just one of those myths people believe in because he comes across as your typical foreign FLAIR player. Granted, that statistic surprises me but I don't believe he's particularly lazy.

Still wonder if it's worth shifting Mahrez to the left (like he does for Algeria), Schlupp at left back and Albrighton or Knockaert on the right.

I just cannot believe Albrighton can be worse than Schlupp.

I like Schlupp; thought he had a decent game last week.

Did he really pull off 2 great saves though? the first Fletchers shot was poor he Kicked it at him and it somehow deflected of his his legs. And the second save was just a average, you would expect every single Prem keeper to save that

Oh come on. Of course Fletcher should score but that was a brilliant save. Second one, to get to it on the bounce is another very good save although you'd be disappointed to be beaten from that distance.

Just watched Sunderland v Chelsea. Cattermole was absolutely fantastic. Just for all you muppets slating Col.

Sitting off the back four?

Ah it don't matter mate to be honest, I'm used to reading some good stuff on here and some rubbish.

Not good for us though..keeping Chelsea out is a great effort.

Sitting off the back four?

Ah it don't matter mate to be honest, I'm used to reading some good stuff on here and some rubbish.

Not good for us though..keeping Chelsea out is a great effort.

Yeah defensive mid. Best player on the pitch for me

Yeah defensive mid. Best player on the pitch for me

If MOTD have it right you got it spot on buddy. All the 'attributes' they describe tonight are what I tried to suggest we needed. Fell on deaf ears of course, like Manwell, but there's no surprise. However, tis just one game. We move on...

If MOTD have it right you got it spot on buddy. All the 'attributes' they describe tonight are what I tried to suggest we needed. Fell on deaf ears of course, like Manwell, but there's no surprise. However, tis just one game. We move on...

I think we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Cambiasso good as he is, isn't one. Mind you that's not the only area we need to improve. That we started yet another premiership game with Wasilewski and Konchesky in the back 4 is unforgivable in my opinion. I don't know why we didn't add more quality but there you go. I'd still stick with Pearson as strangely I do think the last two games have been a huge improvement. Liverpool is huge

Archived