Stuliasz Posted 5 January 2015 Posted 5 January 2015 Albrighton Takes Chance As Foxes Brush Aside Rudderless Newcastle lcfcratings.wordpress.com Saturday 3 January 2015, 15:00FA Cup : 3rd RoundKing Power Stadium, Leicester Leicester City 1Ulloa 39′ Newcastle United 0 In a less than memorable FA Cup Third Round tie, Nigel Pearson gave some of the squad's fringe players a chance to impress with Marc Albrighton (7.72) the pick of the bunch after an impressive display following his first-half introduction from the bench. It was an energetic display from the ex-Villa winger who may have done enough to warrant more playing time during the absence of others during the African Cup of Nations. Liam Moore (7.49) played well on his return to the defence, while Matty James (7.00) did well to make the top three despite having a particularly tough job after the early departure of Esteban Cambiasso. Paul Konchesky (5.51) continued where he left off before his suspension being voted the worst player, although he still received a mark no lower than average. Esteban Cambiasso (5.65) was removed in the first-half through injury and finished slightly above Konchesky while Jamie Vardy (5.68) also finished in the bottom three with a mediocre rating. It was a reasonable if disjointed performance from City who finished with a decent team rating (6.59), mainly thanks to no individual shockers rather than a collection of really good performances. Nigel Pearson (7.12) fared well with one of his highest match ratings this season, while the supporter confidence (95%) remains extremely high. The same cannot be said for Newcastle United (3.27) whose performance was voted as the worst seen by the voting City fans all season. Newcastle now hold two out of the five worst opposition performance ratings this season while the following Toon Army also made clear their views on the day with some less than complimentary songs despite the club's top ten position in the Premier League. Lee Mason and his officials (6.21) were also given what may have been a blue-tinted glasses rating as one perfectly good goal was given offside that may have swung the game in Newcastle's favour. Full results below: Total Votes : 145 LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Marc Albrighton (SUB) Marc Albrighton : 7.72 Liam Moore : 7.49 Matty James : 7.00 Leonardo Ulloa : 6.80 Ritchie de Laet : 6.64 David Nugent : 6.63 Wes Morgan : 6.60 (.602) Tom Lawrence : 6.60 (.598) Ben Hamer : 6.47 Anthony Knockaert : 6.31 (SUB) Chris Wood : 6.08 (SUB) Jamie Vardy : 5.68 Esteban Cambiasso : 5.65 Paul Konchesky : 5.51 Team Performance : 6.59 (7/22) Manager Performance : 7.12 (4/18) Opposition Performance : 3.27 (22/22) Officials Performance (Ref: Lee Mason) : 6.21 (6/22) Overall Manager Confidence : 95.00% (-1.65%)
Stuliasz Posted 5 January 2015 Author Posted 5 January 2015 Overall Manager Confidence : 95.00% (-1.65%) WTF Don't get too hung up on a <2% decrease when less than 150 people voted. 95% is still almost as high as it will ever get.
Dan Posted 5 January 2015 Posted 5 January 2015 Overall Manager Confidence : 95.00% (-1.65%) WTF Ever considered that some people may vote in one but not in another?
ScouseFox Posted 5 January 2015 Posted 5 January 2015 pre match i wanted to see good performances from albrighton, moore and knockaert as i think they'll be needed in the proper games in the next few weeks, so to get two of the three in the top two and all 3 "above average" is great to see.
Dickov22 Posted 6 January 2015 Posted 6 January 2015 Moore is better than Wasilewski. I am so certain of it. Was hasnt let us down though, so I expect him to start against Villa ahead of Moore
Guest MattP Posted 6 January 2015 Posted 6 January 2015 Moore is better than Wasilewski. I am so certain of it. Was hasnt let us down though, so I expect him to start against Villa ahead of Moore Really? I've seen nothing over the last 18 months to suggest Moore is anywhere near his level. Wasyl has a lot of caps for a decent national side and played a lot of Champions league football, if Moore can achieve half of what Was has he'll have had a pretty decent career.
Dickov22 Posted 6 January 2015 Posted 6 January 2015 Really? I've seen nothing over the last 18 months to suggest Moore is anywhere near his level. Wasyl has a lot of caps for a decent national side and played a lot of Champions league football, if Moore can achieve half of what Was has he'll have had a pretty decent career. Wasilewski hasnt let us down, he doesnt do bad for us to be honest. I've criticised him in the past but in the main he's been good this season. Bar a horrific mistake at Villa, I think Moore stepped up to this level prior to Wasilewski coming into the side though. I thought he was very very good in the early part of the season. He was excellent on Saturday, too.
Guest MattP Posted 6 January 2015 Posted 6 January 2015 Wasilewski hasnt let us down, he doesnt do bad for us to be honest. I've criticised him in the past but in the main he's been good this season. Bar a horrific mistake at Villa, I think Moore stepped up to this level prior to Wasilewski coming into the side though. I thought he was very very good in the early part of the season. He was excellent on Saturday, too. I think Wasyl has been brilliant since he's turned up and it's no coincidenceiour best defensive performances over long periods have been with him. The Villa thing with Moore is something young players do but we simply can't afford that this season, tight games against sides like Villa we just can't lose to those sort of mistakes. I thought Moore was good Saturday but I'm not getting carried considering what Newcastle had going forward.
Dan Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 I think Moore will be good enough for this level but I'm not convinced he is just yet. He does seem to improve every season though which is encouraging.
The Doctor Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 Moore is better than Wasilewski. I am so certain of it. Was hasnt let us down though, so I expect him to start against Villa ahead of Moore Moores got the potential to be better, but at present he isn't. At present I'd say Wasyl is our best centre-back, it's no coincidence that we've looked more steady since he came in: he's a very clever defender actually. I think people get too hung up on his tackling, but he rarely gets punished for it - he's great at brutalising the opposition and getting away with it, and really that's what we need in the next 5 months.
AKCJ Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 I thought Moore looked shakey and really nervous against Newcastle. Whenever he got the ball he couldn't wait to boot it as far away from him as possible. I think if we want an England international out of him then that needs to be coached out of him.
Dan Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 It should be coached to him over time. I can understand him feeling pressure but lets be honest it isn't like he's playing alongside other ball playing defenders. Can see the logic in just getting rid of it if you're in trouble and unsupported but why we feel the need to hoof it unnecessarily I have no idea. It's crap to watch and gets us nowhere. Moores got the potential to be better, but at present he isn't. At present I'd say Wasyl is our best centre-back, it's no coincidence that we've looked more steady since he came in: he's a very clever defender actually. I think people get too hung up on his tackling, but he rarely gets punished for it - he's great at brutalising the opposition and getting away with it, and really that's what we need in the next 5 months. I've always been concerned that he'll get a red card but the fact he hasn't yet makes me wonder if he's just a genius at the way he does it.
Guest MattP Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 He's never had a red in his career has he? He's clearly an absolutely genius at it.
Guest MattP Posted 7 January 2015 Posted 7 January 2015 Surely that can't be true that is outrageous. Ah sorry it's 2 in 315 games. One straight red in 2006 and one for two yellows in 2010. Still pretty impressive for an aggressive centre back though. http://uk.soccerway.com/players/marcin-wasilewski/9903/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.