Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Player ratings v Spurs?

Trying to separate actual ratings from the euphoria in the last 10, so

Schwarzer - 7 - Solid, good saves to keep us in it

Simpson - 6 - Decent performance, assist for the winner

Moore - 5 - Not on for long but gave the ref a decision to make for the soft penalty

Morgan - 6 - Standard performance, did his job

De Laet - 6 - Did fairly well and an attacking outlet

Vardy - 4 - Why on the wing?

King - 3 - Really not good

Drinkwater - 3 - Poor poor performance unfortunately

Schlupp - 7 - Direct and positive, inconsistent end product but was the match winner

Kramaric - 6 - Some good flashes, unlucky not to score, physically bullied at times

Ulloa - 6 - Worked hard, some poor hold up play but lovely finish

Wasilewski - 7 - Solid, hard as nails and loved his ignoring of Soldado

Albrighton - 7 - Changed the game, looked dangerous
Nugent - 7 - Also helped change the game with some good link up play

Tottenham - 6 - Good in possession but lacked cutting edge like at our place, fans silent
Pearson - 6 - Why start Vardy on the wing? Otherwise good and good subs
Pearson - Stay

Trying to separate actual ratings from the euphoria in the last 10, so

Schwarzer - 7 - Solid, good saves to keep us in it

Simpson - 6 - Decent performance, assist for the winner

Moore - 5 - Not on for long but gave the ref a decision to make for the soft penalty

Morgan - 6 - Standard performance, did his job

De Laet - 6 - Did fairly well and an attacking outlet

Vardy - 4 - Why on the wing?

King - 3 - Really not good

Drinkwater - 3 - Poor poor performance unfortunately

Schlupp - 7 - Direct and positive, inconsistent end product but was the match winner

Kramaric - 6 - Some good flashes, unlucky not to score, physically bullied at times

Ulloa - 6 - Worked hard, some poor hold up play but lovely finish

Wasilewski - 7 - Solid, hard as nails and loved his ignoring of Soldado

Albrighton - 7 - Changed the game, looked dangerous

Nugent - 7 - Also helped change the game with some good link up play

Tottenham - 6 - Good in possession but lacked cutting edge like at our place, fans silent

Pearson - 6 - Why start Vardy on the wing? Otherwise good and good subs

Pearson - Stay

Agree with this entirely except 5 for Ulloa and 8 for Schlupp

Schwarzer 5 - Played like you'd expect a 40-something 3rd choice goalkeeper to play - a bit creaky but calm

Simpson 7 - Going to be generous as we won and he made the winner, defending was ok

Moore 4 - Penalty, injury

Morgan 5 - Must be doing something ok given our defensive record, but it didn't LOOK convincing

De Laet 5.5 - I'll give an extra .5 for some good attacking, his defending up against Townsend ' Lamela only had one winner, and it wasn't De Laet

Vardy 6 - To be honest I think he played ok, covered a lot of ground, and is for me beginning to show he can handle this level. But the doubters will disagree and give him a 3

Drinkwater / King 5 - We were overrun, that was the system and the gamble, just about worked, they both worked hard but it was always going to be tough on them

Schlupp 8 - Looked like making things happen, and eventually did

Ulloa 6 - Mostly in Kaboul's pocket, but then he pulled out a great goal

Kramaric 6 - He looks good on the ball and you can see how he scores goals, but until the penalty that wasn't looked lost at times, thereafter ran around much more fired up

Subs: Wasilewski 6 - Even the Spurs fans around me were scared of him

Nugent 6 - Looked lively, should probably have made it 3 at the death

Albrighton 6 - Lively

Completely disagree with everyone on here so far re Ulloa. Had a tough game, but literally everything we had going forward was created by his strength. Poor bloke must have been shattered, in the second half I can't remember a goal kick that wasn't towards his head. The man was a mountain. Both attacking and defending, I'm not sure there is a player in a Leicester shirt who puts in a shift as much as he does.

Don't think Moore had an injury, when you make two mistakes in quick sucession and are then on a yellow - I think a 'technical injury' is probably for the best. Was sured us up at the back.

Completely disagree with everyone on here so far re Ulloa. Had a tough game, but literally everything we had going forward was created by his strength. Poor bloke must have been shattered, in the second half I can't remember a goal kick that wasn't towards his head. The man was a mountain. Both attacking and defending, I'm not sure there is a player in a Leicester shirt who puts in a shift as much as he does.

Don't think Moore had an injury, when you make two mistakes in quick sucession and are then on a yellow - I think a 'technical injury' is probably for the best. Was sured us up at the back.

Moore was injured well before the penalty when making a diving block on the edge of the box, was struggling to run for a couple of minutes and continued limping right up to his substitution.Looked like a foot injury.Probably should have come off earlier.

Schwarzer - 6. Not really a lot he can do about the goal. I don't know if it's just his stature but he's very imposing, seems more dominant than the other two.

Simpson - 7. I'm struggling to fault Simpson yesterday. Looking better most games and got the assist for the winner too.

Moore - 4. Played twenty minutes and conceded a penalty. He will be good enough for this level one day, but that day isn't yet.

Morgan - 7. I thought Morgan had a decent game. Good effort from him.

De Laet - 6. Considering he was on his unfavoured side I thought he did OK, still offers a threat down the left when he's there.

Vardy - 4. Simply not cut out for this level. Confidence clearly shot and as a result you get someone who tries to go past players like they aren't there. Too often tries to knock it past a defender and beat them but he isn't even managing the knock anymore.

King - 5. Didn't particularly rate him yesterday.

Drinkwater - 4. Thought he really struggled.

Schlupp - 7. He's still clumsy, he's still a bit of a clown but he's scored the winner. He's popping up with a few goals for us lately and it's not a co-incidence given his far more positive play. He's got a way to go yet for me, but he's slowly convincing me that he may well get there.

Kramaric - 7. I'm encouraged by what I've seen. Didn't fall for him at all given the save from Vorm (should've scored really) and the awful decision to book him for diving but he makes runs that no-one else in our team does. He's quick and skillful to boot. He will score goals, I am confident.

Ulloa - 6. Got the winner so has his score put up to 6. I actually thought it was in front of goal that he struggled yesterday, generally making the wrong decision.

Subs;

Wasilewski - 7. Pretty solid again.

Albrighton - 6. Haven't got a clue why he didn't start. He's a better footballer than Vardy and he's actually a right winger. No co-incidence that him coming on lead to us winning as both of our goals came from an attack down his side.

Nugent - 5. Hard to really rate but didn't stand out as being particularly good or bad.

Schwarzer 8, best keeper we have got

Simpson 7, great assist for the winner

Was, 8 brilliant as ever

Wes, 6 frightens me

Richie 7 like him at lb.

Drinks 5 omg.

Kingy 5 omg (2)

Vardy 5 lets get all the omg comments together. If he's a wide midfielder, so am I. Really want him to do well, but he's just not good enough.

Jeff 7.5 nearly motm, he' s getting there

Ulloa 7 worked his socks off, brilliant ( or lucky) first touch for his goal.

Kramaric 7 loved him, he's gonna be a star - just maybe not for us.

Albrighton 7 bloody good, proper winger - see Vardy

Nuge 7 good outlet, ran the right channel well, and I'm not a Nuge fan

Liam, 5 obviously injured, shocker for the pen

Motm, Was, proper footballer, love him, wish he was 10 years younger, in danger of becoming a legend.

Spurs 5, pretty football until they needed to do something.

Ref, -1 just for that insane penalty decision and Andrejs subsequent yellow card

Nige, 7, please stay

Fans, 10, take a bow folks, fantastic. 'Who are ya' after the winner, spine tingling. 4000 belting it out, sounded like 40,000

Archived