Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

If all 3 GK's were fully fit, who should be our No.1?

379 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our Number 1?

• Kasper Schmiechel
    • Ben Hamer
    • Mark Schwarzer

You clearly don't know much about goalkeeping.

Schmeichel:

14 games, 26 goals conceded, 1 clean sheet, 7 points

Hamer:

8 games, 8 goals conceded, 3 clean sheets, 10 points

Schwarzer:

3 games, 6 goals conceded, 0 clean sheets, 0 points.

It's pretty obvious who the best keeper is. Schwarzer needs to show something soon or he could relegate us.

Close thread

How dod he chuck away a point against Spurs?

If the wall, which he positioned correctly did its job and stood firm he wouldn't have had to scramble across to try and make the save.

True, but when Kasper was ****ed over by his wall in the same manner vs Burnley, he was roundly lambasted - it's inconsistent to hound Kasper and apologise for Ben for the same result.

Close thread

Stats regularly lie, playing against a shit villa side at home is not comparable to going to Old Trafford and the Emirates.

Annoyingly all our keepers have different strengths and weaknesses. If we could chuck them all into a blender and churn out a super keeper it would be immense.

Hamer and Schwarzer deals with crosses/corners better than Kasper (and therefore control the 6 yard box better)

Kasper has quicker reflexes than Hamer and Schwarzer (and therefore the better shot stopper)

Schwarzer has better kicking than Kasper and Hamer

Kasper and Schwarzer have better throwing than Hamer (important for counter attacks)

Hamer is well rounded and has made no glaring errors

Schwarzer has more experience at this level than Kasper and Hamer

If i had to choose it would be Hamer. Because he controls his area better which i think counts for a lot in this league.

But there really is very little between them and i can't criticise the manager too much whoever he chooses.

True, but when Kasper was ****ed over by his wall in the same manner vs Burnley, he was roundly lambasted - it's inconsistent to hound Kasper and apologise for Ben for the same result.

Stats regularly lie, playing against a shit villa side at home is not comparable to going to Old Trafford and the Emirates.

FWIW I don't think there's much to chose between Hamer & Schwarzer, and my personal preference based on defensive performance of the team is Hamer just pips it

Out of the 3 there is an obvious weaker candidate, the other two have similar levels of ability

I think it's hard to choose and the poll reflects that.

They all have their own weaknesses but I think Kasper shades it for me. Despite fairly poor aerial ability ie. coming to collect/punch the ball, in my opinion he has the best distribution and is the best one-on-one shot stopper.

Difficult one though. I don't think when any of them play I see it as a weakness in the team particularly.

Archived