Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

15 years since 2000 League Cup final.

Guest bss9401

Let's also remember that it was the only time we ever won a major final at Wembley. It was a good, hard fought, typical cup final and Tranmere were no mugs. My favourite Wembley win was against the sheep but this easily had the most prestige. It's easy to play the heavy favourites card when criticising but Leicester were favourites v Man Utd in 1963 and we lost!! What is important is that we won the League Cup at Wembley Stadium.

Let's also remember that it was the only time we ever won a major final at Wembley. It was a good, hard fought, typical cup final and Tranmere were no mugs. My favourite Wembley win was against the sheep but this easily had the most prestige. It's easy to play the heavy favourites card when criticising but Leicester were favourites v Man Utd in 1963 and we lost!! What is important is that we won the League Cup at Wembley Stadium.

I don't know how anybody can criticise a cup (and league) win really. Both teams have done the same to get to the final and Tranmere deserve respect for that, especially considering they weren't a top flight team. Middlesbrough had the money and the big names in '96 but I'm guessing they wouldn't treat us as "only Leicester".

Archived