Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Enough is enough

i have no idea why you are trying to turn this into a pearson out debate? currently he's not doing enough. but we aren't going to sack him, so the point of this thread is why don't we just support the team and hope for the best? instead of being on the verge of hanging ourselves, or even worse, revelling in our demise so we can come back on here and say "always knew he woz shit managur". so what if you always knew that, well done.

all i'm saying is some people are definitely enjoying his demise, more than they are trying to support the team considering we still have a (very slim) chance of staying up 

I don't know. Maybe there are one or two Pearson-Outers who enjoy us losing in one specific regard (i.e., it gives them a chance to lay into Pearson) but the impression I've always got is that they're hurting as much as anyone else. In some cases, perhaps, more so. And I see very little to suggest people would rather us do badly just to see Pearson gone - there was a ridiculous poll which suggested that 5% of our fans would rather we go down if it meant Pearson being fired, while on the other hand there was another poll which suggested that over 20% of our fans, about a third of his supporters, would rather we did badly, as opposed to well, this season if it meant Pearson staying.

So I'm not sure those calling for Pearson to go are especially guilty of failing to prioritise their club. You can support your club perfectly well and not like your manager, just as you can support your club and not like the left back, or the chairman, or the washing lady. As for talk of our expectations needing to be more realistic (in a different post), I'm not sure it would have been all that realistic - considering how promoted sides have tended to get on over the past 5 seasons - to believe that we'd be 7 points adrift in March, with 18 points and our manager making the sorts of headlines he's been making. Survival was a very realistic objective.

didn't know where to pose this question but there seems as good a place as anywhere.

are there any other PL sides that have a two man midfield, one of which, despite being one of the best of his generation, is now 34 year old?

was chatting earlier about our formation and it struck me what an awful setup this is. (apart from being highly unfair to EC).  no wonder we need five at the back. perhaps if we had three in the middle, we wouldn't be so exposed as to need the five?

No one and I mean no one has the right to tell anyone or even suggest to anyone how they should support their football club (other than the obvious personal abuse...racism and violence) how someone feels and wants to vent the anger in the comfort of their seat in the ground or on foxes talk or down the pub (lawfully I might add) is their god given right...you may not like their opinions but equally....they may not like yours!!

I can tell you honestly I don't care for mc opinion, as much as he doesn't care for mine.

Mc will argue for the sake of it, either just to defend pearson, or just for arguments sake, sometimes very good posts, but sometimes very close to being a wum.

Ah well , fingers crossed we don't mess up with this run of WINNABLE games coming up like the last run of WINNABLE games where we were shite !!

PS Monsell talks a lot of sense......................makes a bloody change mate . lol

Ah well , fingers crossed we don't mess up with this run of WINNABLE games coming up like the last run of WINNABLE games where we were shite !!

PS Monsell talks a lot of sense......................makes a bloody change mate . lol

lol you know me to well mate lol

This poisonous atmosphere that the OP talks about, where is it?

Yet to see it at games.

I want Pearson out as soon as possible BUT I want my team to stay up which means I want them to win every game.

I'm not enjoying watching games but before MC starts questioning how loyal I am I've been going since 1977 so I've had to put up with McLintock, Taylor and Coco.

In that time I've travelled with plenty of people who lived and breathed Leicester, strangely they no longer go, so just because you love the manager and the players more than some of the older fans don't think it makes you a better fan, at least 50% of you probably won't be going in 10 years time.

We all support the club, not Al of us are in love with the manager and players.

This poisonous atmosphere that the OP talks about, where is it?

Yet to see it at games.

I want Pearson out as soon as possible BUT I want my team to stay up which means I want them to win every game.

I'm not enjoying watching games but before MC starts questioning how loyal I am I've been going since 1977 so I've had to put up with McLintock, Taylor and Coco.

In that time I've travelled with plenty of people who lived and breathed Leicester, strangely they no longer go, so just because you love the manager and the players more than some of the older fans don't think it makes you a better fan, at least 50% of you probably won't be going in 10 years time.

We all support the club, not Al of us are in love with the manager and players.

Well said, and I echo all you say.

Archived