Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FIFA 06

And is there any training modes??

Where you can practise Free Kick etc... :mellow:

There is where you can set up most scenarios - free kicks, practice match, penalties etc.

For lcfc_826:-

It has a few nice touches - the presentation,commentry,crowd effects etc are great - its just at times does not feel like you have control of the player and some things are just a little too unrealistic - i scored a free kick with Williams from 30-40 yards past Cech!!!!!

If you could all give a rating out of 10!! What would it be for FIFA 06!

:thumbup:

I would give it 7-8/10 - definatly the best one released since World Cup 2002 (dont know what it was about that one but was a great laugh with mates!). Presentation, sound, graphics (full kits/sponsers) etc. are by far the best and really make for an authentic feel. But as i said it just sometimes does not have the 'feel' of football and while i understand its a game, still for me can be so unrealistic! If next year they just keep working on the gameplay it could rival Pro but not as good yet!!

Hope that helps :D

I've heard somewhere that the fifa researchers went to every ground and recorded some of the chants. Has anyone heard the Leicester one yet? (it's probably "what a load of rubbish" lol)

lol it wouldnt surprise me :ph34r:

The chanting is really good - there is a 'Come On Leicester' chant that I've noticed. There's also a 'we are top of the league, say we are top of the league chant' :yesyes:

They always sing...

"Gareth Williams is our friend..."

i think they do anyway :blink:

Yep, I've heard them chant to that tune, although the words aren't clear :ph34r:

Got it last night, and first impressions are that it is quite good.

There are a few things that are annoying, like the way a player turns (very sluggish) the inability to out-pace or go past defenders, and the way everyone seems to first touch the ball the same.

They are the major down points of the game, but really, I can't pick fault with anything else.

Still think Pro Evo 5 will be better though.

Having played both pro evo 5 and FIFA06, I have to say that Pro Evo wins again. Fifa isn't a bad game but there are too many problems with it - scoring from one on ones is very hit and miss, the AI is piss poor (the goalie ALWAYS stays on his line, and their players tend to run towards their own goal when you are trying to tackle them), plus the computer always plays the long diagonal ball to the wings where their winger is ALWAYS free.

I've got so pissed off with fifa that I now won't be playing it again for a while.

Archived