Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FIFA 06

Have you 'got hold' of the game yet Anish?

Still 'getting hold' of mine, it's taking a very long time.

Hey, I got the game yesterday. I installed it and I had the same problem as with the demo (i.e the menu kept flickering on its own and I couldn't control the mouse etc). I was quite annoyed but then looked on a few websites and found that FIFA 2006 has some conflict with USB devices on computers. I managed to sort it out thanks to a few good FIFA messageboard (by any chance do you post on one of them under the name of 'RiceyFox'?) and it's working fine now - although I keep having to disable the USB device before playing, which is a pain in the ass.

It's a fairly good game and the commentary and graphics are impressive. However, it's a little jerky from time to time when you play (maybe my computer but highly doubtful cos i've never experienced any jerkyness when playing other games) and I still much prefer PES. Can't wait til PES5 comes out! :D

Hey, I got the game yesterday. I installed it and I had the same problem as with the demo (i.e the menu kept flickering on its own and I couldn't control the mouse etc). I was quite annoyed but then looked on a few websites and found that FIFA 2006 has some conflict with USB devices on computers. I managed to sort it out thanks to a few good FIFA messageboard (by any chance do you post on one of them under the name of 'RiceyFox'?) and it's working fine now - although I keep having to disable the USB device before playing, which is a pain in the ass.

It's a fairly good game and the commentary and graphics are impressive. However, it's a little jerky from time to time when you play (maybe my computer but highly doubtful cos i've never experienced any jerkyness when playing other games) and I still much prefer PES. Can't wait til PES5 comes out! :D

RiceyFox is indeed me :)

The controller problem is very common, I can only play when with either the controller constantly vibrating or with player 2 disabled.

The feedback has been good from the game ableit the stupid database and kit faults, it's never gonna beat PES in terms of gameplay but with PES I get fed up of friendly games and the Master League. Also the PES presentation is very poor which after awhile does my head in.

I have been doing quite a bit of research on that because I have heard about it and thought it looked quite good. What are your opinions on it? Does it work perfectly well?

Yeh its very good and you can get games for £5 :D, ive been using it.

You've got no chance in penalties :mad:

How the fuk do yu make the goalie dive for the ball? I spoke to someone at work and he's got the same problem, I have just lost in the cup final due to not being able to dive, I may not have won even if I knew how to dive but at least I would have had a chance! :mad:

Even the people who usually love Fifa no matter what are saying it's poor this year. ;)

I've disliked FIFA since World Cup 2002 but I'm quite impressed this time round...well at least until PES5 is out. ;)

I'd give it 8/10

I've disliked FIFA since World Cup 2002 but I'm quite impressed this time round...well at least until PES5 is out. ;)

I'd give it 8/10

Im hoping to have 'Obtained' PES5 by Friday!

:D:thumbup:

whats it like? I was speaking to someone in my tutorial today and he said it was alright but very slow on his computer even thought he has a hi spec pc.

I tend to agree. I've got a top spec computer and even on mine it's not very smooth and fluid, it is slightly jerky. I've never had any problems with any other game and the PES5 demo runs beautifully too.

I think FIFA had such great potential with FIFA06 but they've let themselves down again - the graphics (esp the faces) are poor compared to PES5, the gameplay isn't smooth and the game has an in-built conflict with any USB devices installed on your computer (which means you have to disable them before you play and then enable them again after you've finished).

I for one am glad that EA Sports no longer have the official FIFA licenses from next year onwards, I just hope the Pro Evol Series has enough dough to buy it from FIFA.

Archived