Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

How much space did McCarthy have ?

i cant believe gareth williams took forever to cross it onto his head, he must of been stood thinking is anyone gonna tackle me...no? ok i'll swing 1 in to the back post. cheers mates.

It was stearman who crossed it for mccarthy wasn't it?

i was there and i'm sure it was stearman who put the cross in. Can anyone confirm this?

According to the commentators, it was Stearman.

Plus, in the celebrations, it certainly looks as if the goal was a Paddy-Stearman collaboration!

0,,10274~2732062,00.jpg

From where we were sitting (which was basically opposite that picture and a row from the front) it looked like Stearman, he even joined in the 'Eaaazzzeh' clapping which I thought was amusing.

Why does Paddy Mac look so petrified when hes on the ball, its like he cant wait to get rid of it sometimes.

It was stearman who crossed it for mccarthy wasn't it?

From an article on the Telegraph.co.uk site:

"After David Connolly's header struck a post, defender Paddy McCarthy levelled in the 65th minute, popping up unmarked just outside the six-yard box to convert a cross from Richard Stearman."

Why does Paddy Mac look so petrified when hes on the ball, its like he cant wait to get rid of it sometimes.

He strikes me as that kind of person, you know the ones that don't put on any weight, sinewy, no bulky muscles... A bit like Marco Tardelli in Italian football ages ago.

He may also be putting himself under lots of pressure mentally and that would result in that expression.

I don't mind if he looks like that myself, as long as he can cope with that pressure and can get rid of the ball like this (ie into the opponent's net or even passed safely elsewhere)

:)

Acres and/or hectares. ;):thumbup:lol Mind you it only mirrored the fact that although four players were near their scorer, none of them got close to stopping him. :rolleyes:

Hehe, true. They all seem to be just standing still, watching him... :cool:

He strikes me as that kind of person, you know the ones that don't put on any weight, sinewy, no bulky muscles... A bit like Marco Tardelli in Italian football ages ago.

He may also be putting himself under lots of pressure mentally and that would result in that expression.

I don't mind if he looks like that myself, as long as he can cope with that pressure and can get rid of the ball like this (ie into the opponent's net or even passed safely elsewhere)

:)

Thing is though at the moment I dont think hes looking that confident and opposition players will pick up on it and exploit it. He needs to chillax a bit whilst doing a job at the same time.

Thing is though at the moment I dont think hes looking that confident and opposition players will pick up on it and exploit it. He needs to chillax a bit whilst doing a job at the same time.

I know what you mean, but:

1) I am not sure that that is in his "constitution"

2) Perhaps the goal will make him look a bit more confident anyway... I feel that scoring at least once has been a goal of his for some time...

Failing that (and latching on to Ross's post), he can try to acquire some BO, so that opposition players will not be keen on getting too close, thus giving him more space on a regular basis :P

I know what you mean, but:

1) I am not sure that that is in his "constitution"

2) Perhaps the goal will make him look a bit more confident anyway... I feel that scoring at least once has been a goal of his for some time...

Failing that (and latching on to Ross's post), he can try to acquire some BO, so that opposition players will not be keen on getting too close, thus giving him more space on a regular basis :P

Yip, you could be right on all 3 counts lol

im more surprised at the fans...they are still sitting down after a player on the back post has had a free header going towards goal....

and it has to be Stearman crossing it...it went past the front post so it cant be Williams :)

It was also played in with PACE so that definitley rules Williams out

Archived