Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Summer

Forgot Kenton (Probably coz I wasnt at the game yesterday)... to be honest i had high hopes of Kenton when we signed him, but RK simply has played him and then threw him on half fit (was it against Sunderland?), but from what people say he was pretty useful yesterday... so might be worth a look at, also forgot about Johansson... clearly i want a team without left backs lol:ph34r:

He played left back against Sunderland yes. He got destroyed but was not even close to fitness. If he can keep his fitness then I think we should keep him. Mainly because he is versatile.

Debatable. No-one knows how much Mandaric will spend on individual players for sure. I've just gone on him spending £4.5m on transfer fees, although I'm not even sure this is 100%. Roberts £1m, Sharp £2.5m, Shuker and Nicholls £500,000 apiece.

Well, no, no-one knows except Milan how much hes going to spend but i'd say 4.5mil wouldnt be far off.

If thats the case, thats the whole budget gone on 4 players. Dont get me wrong, i would love it if we got these players in, but i think we need more than just 4 - probably about 10 if we are to launch a real promotion push.

Well, no, no-one knows except Milan how much hes going to spend but i'd say 4.5mil wouldnt be far off.

If thats the case, thats the whole budget gone on 4 players. Dont get me wrong, i would love it if we got these players in, but i think we need more than just 4 - probably about 10 if we are to launch a real promotion push.

I see what your saying but bringing in 10 players can have its disadvantages. Players take longer to gel and get used to each other. We have to maintain some sort of nucleus of the team we have now. As everyone knows changes need to be made but sensible ones.

This is the problem though. If the budget's £4.5million, which is a figure he has quoted himself although I'm not sure whether this includes wages, then to buy 10 players with that you're looking at half a million each. That's very hit and miss and you're bound to end up with a few duffers. I'd love to see a team like this next season;

Henderson

Stearman

Johansson

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Porter

Nicholls

Hume

Shuker

Roberts

Sharp

For example. We'd still have the choice of Logan, Maybury, Kenton, McCarthy, Wesolowski, Hughes, Johnson, Fryatt, Hammond plus the odd free transfer and loan to beef out the squad.

I think the 4.5 mill will need to include increased wages, bigger squad? larger contracts? That money has to come form somewhere and the way they are treating fans it ain't coming from gate receipts.

BUY STEVE HOWARD. Whatever we do we must buy this bloke, he is tops for this league.

If Mike Newell does come, then you can bet on this player being linked with us.

All the people saying the whole team should be sold, I hope you don't want promotion next year, even if it is sarcasm. I'm pissed off more than anyone about the lacklustre performances in the past month but you know how long it takes OUR new signings to gel. Usually January.

I see what your saying but bringing in 10 players can have its disadvantages. Players take longer to gel and get used to each other. We have to maintain some sort of nucleus of the team we have now. As everyone knows changes need to be made but sensible ones.

Yeah i suppose but i dont mean we need 10 more first teamers, but probably out of that 10, 5 would be first teamers and the rest squad players. We need a bit of depth to the squad to launce a promotion push.

From the current first team i would keep Hendo, Kis, Big Mac, Nils, Weso, Porter, Newton, Fryatt, and Hume.

So that still leaves a right back and two central midfielders so thats 3 players we definitely need for the first team, but then you have another striker, so thats 4 out of about 10 we need. I think thats a good amount - nottoo many that they wont gel anyway. :thumbup:

This is the problem though. If the budget's £4.5million, which is a figure he has quoted himself although I'm not sure whether this includes wages, then to buy 10 players with that you're looking at half a million each. That's very hit and miss and you're bound to end up with a few duffers. I'd love to see a team like this next season;

Henderson

Stearman

Johansson

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Porter

Nicholls

Hume

Shuker

Roberts

Sharp

For example. We'd still have the choice of Logan, Maybury, Kenton, McCarthy, Wesolowski, Hughes, Johnson, Fryatt, Hammond plus the odd free transfer and loan to beef out the squad.

I agree with that BUT, what happens when Nicholls gets injured and lets face it, Humeis never going to get played in a central midfield role anyway so theres two gone already. So that leaves Hughes and Johnson. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Id say we need another 2 centre midfielders (not counting Nicholls if we get him) because i personally dont want to see either of the two players i mentioned wear the shirt again next season.

So that leaves Hughes and Johnson. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AJ is only on a one year deal... and with RK gone I cant see how he's staying here beyond the end of the season. Nor can I see Hughes staying... be following Momo back up North IMHO come the summer.

My targets to throw some names into the hat would be:

Jon Ostemobor - available for £300,000 and a decent right-back so we could sell Stearman and Maybury

Izale Mcleod - going to be pricey but he seems more focused than Fryatt and a good striker. Just needs someone to take a chance on him

David Prutton - if forest don't get promoted, we should pick this guy up on a free

Lee Camp - solid keeper and better than we have

Danny Murphy - we've been linked with him. He would be an excellent signing

Ryan Smith - I'd have another look at him now his ego has been damaged. He's not exactly shone at Derby since they signed him so his big time charley attitude should be curbed, making him a more effective player

Kevin Nicholls - he's burnt his bridges at Leeds. A decent player

Release.

Rab Douglas

Stephen Hughes

Andy Johnson

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Alan Maybury

Patrick McCarthy

End Loan

Geoff Horsefield

Jason Jarrett

Mark Yeats*

Unsure

Matty Fryatt**

Shaun Newton

Darren Kenton

Nils

Alan Sheehan***

Louis Dodds***

Retain

Iain Hume

Richard Stearman

James Wesolowski

Levi Porter

Gareth McAuley

Patrick Kisnorbo

Paul Henderson

Conrad Logan

Permanent Signing –Targets

Jason Roberts (ST-Blackburn)

Claus Jensen (MF – Fulham)

Ahmad Elrich (MF – Fulham)

Dejan Stefanović (DF – Portsmouth)

Jamie Ashdown (GK – Portsmouth)

Alhassan Bangura (MF – Watford)

Lee Croft (MF – Norwich)

Richard Chaplow (MF – WestBrom)

Loan – Targets

Jonas Elmer (DF/MF – Chelsea)

Anthony Le Tallec (CF/ST – Liverpool)

James Beattie (ST – Everton)

I stress they are Targets!!!

New Senior Contracts

Max Gradel

Andy King

Scott Lycett

Eric Odhiambo

*Yeats still has the potential to make a decent signing... but thus far NO

**Loan Him Out for the start of next season, any decent Leauge One outfit be after him?

***Their potential is there, but its hardly their fault they havent been given the chance, I want to be sure we have not just ignored them and not give them that chance to show us they can make the grade in the first team.

:laugh:

Thanks for the constructive input <_< :rolleyes:

You want constructive input then here it comes.

To say get rid of Stephen Hughes and Alan Maybury is laughable, both are talented footballers who have proven at this level before, but are struggling with an incompetent manager. I would gladly give both another season as they have plenty to offer.

Listing all these players is a futile exercise because if you know MM practices you will be aware that we will be signing a load of backwater Europeans we have never heard of but play for their countries. It is his way and it is what we all signed up for :thumbup:

Fryatt and Wesoloski are both struggling with injuries and I am not sure either will hit the predicted heights posted on here.

Sheehan has had his chance then failed on loan at Mansfield and also at this level and Dodds won't see the first team here either.

One thing is sure though it will be a damn sight better next season then it has been for the last 3 or so :scarf:

BUY

Jason Roberts

Billy Sharp

Kevin Nicholls

Chris Shuker

Packet of Wine Gums

SELL

Everyone

Alternatively, keep largely the same squad, keep Kelly, keep Paddy McCarthy as captain, change our name to Bunch of F**king Idiots FC and only issue lifetime bans to anyone who starts singing during the game.

Fez, if we follow your suggestion above. The club would only have 4 players and a packet of wine gums? :ph34r:

Wasnt that "Smedly"... there was a lad, played at centre back, we released a month or two back, went to a non-league side IIRC, Lycett is still in the set up (he played yesterday)... another kid from the youth set up worth of a chance is probably Matlock.

Click this link, scroll down the page and click page number '4' - there you will find Jay Smedley.

Eastwood FC are a very non-league side. ;)

Debatable. No-one knows how much Mandaric will spend on individual players for sure. I've just gone on him spending £4.5m on transfer fees, although I'm not even sure this is 100%. Roberts £1m, Sharp £2.5m, Shuker and Nicholls £500,000 apiece.

Roberts is tipped to leave Blackburn to find football... according to today's People... so he's not entirely unrealistic.

Depends on how much Blackburn want, really... can't be too much, didn't they sign him on a free? :dunno:

Click this link, scroll down the page and click page number '4' - there you will find Jay Smedley.

Eastwood FC are a very non-league side. ;)

Roberts is tipped to leave Blackburn to find football... according to today's People... so he's not entirely unrealistic.

Depends on how much Blackburn want, really... can't be too much, didn't they sign him on a free? :dunno:

Is that the prision XI squad website?

Potential Targets:

Lee Camp GK

Jay lloyd Samuel LB

Dejan Stefanovic CB/LB

Lee Hendrie CM/LM

Kevin Nicholls DM

Salif Diao DM

Danny Murphy CM

Campbell-Ryce RM

David Thompson CM/RM

Izzie McLeod FWD

David Healy FWD

Svetoslav Todorov FWD

Get rid of:

Douglas

Henderson

Kenton

McCarthy

Johansson

Hughes

Tiatto

Cadamarteri

Hammond

DeVries

Dodds

Sheehan

All 4 loanees

I'm sick of this season, let's look to the summer and what should be a big clear-out. Who do you think should stay and who should go on the playing side (let's leave the manager alone for now)? This will always something of a wish-list as it can be hard to ship out some of the deadwood, but hopefully Milan will be able to get rid of them one way or another [sinister laugh].

IN:

GK Logan

GK Henderson

DF Kisnorbo

DF McAuley

DF McCarthy

DF Stearman

RM Newton

LM Porter

CM Wesolowski

FW Hume

FW Fryatt

FW Horsfield

OUT:

Douglas

Maybury

Kenton

Johansson

Hughes

Johnson

Jarrett

Tiatto

Yeates

Hammond

De Vries

Which kind of highlights the areas we are desparately lacking in quality - full-back and central midfield (in fact, most of the midfield). I think our centre halves are OK and two from Hume/Fryatt/Horsfield should be good enough for this division.

The most depressing thing is that none of this should really surprise any Leicester fan - at the start of the season it was evident we needed a mobile left back and a decent central midfielder. When Stearman lost form and the gamble with Josh Low didn't pay off, in a sense we also lost the whole of our right-hand side. This severely affected the supply lines to our strikers, essentially left to rely on a youth team graduate finding his way in the Championship. Don't get me wrong, I think Levi has shown some quality but the team should not be relying on him at this stage in his career. More senior pros like Johnson, Hughes and Williams have let him (and us) down on that front.

I still think Hume and Fryatt can do it in this league like they did towards the end of last season. Horsfield is struggling at the moment, but would be worth keeping unless we can get a similar target man. Hammond is too similar in size to Fryatt and Hume but does offer a pacy option (despite lacking control and shooting ability).

KEEP:

GK Henderson

DF Kisnorbo

DF McAuley

LM Porter

CM Wesolowski

FW Hume

FW De Vries (Hahaha. yeah right)

DUMP:

Rob Kelly/ coaching staff

Fryatt (If we get him fit he could be useful)

McCarthy (squad player)

Stearman Newton (squad players)

Horsfield

Logan (keep)

Douglas

Maybury

Kenton

Johansson

Hughes

Johnson

Jarrett

Tiatto